• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War - First impressions (Full review embargo lifts Apr 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

I don't know why, but my theater didn't have reserved seating for the preview. And yes, when I called the place, they recommended that I come in at around 2-3pm CST (the showing is at 7:30pm CST). So HoustonGAF, we'll have to show up around 5 hours early max, 3 hours minimum.

Ashhong

I've never lived in a small town and it would make more sense that I would be used to packed theaters if I had. I don't care either way, I just don't get the point. I've never had to wait any length of time for good seats since, as I said, most theaters will clear out other screens for big movies.

Not necessarily, depends on how small.

I don't know where you live, but in SoCal, big movies sell out all weekend, especially at the better theaters with IMAX. How do you not get the point? You can't process that not everybody has the same experience as you? Do you buy concert tickets the day of? Do you also not understand people who preorder games or tech?

Pfft, I'm not paying x amount to see Civil war is an artsy cinema that costs me a tenner a ticket when I have an unlimited cinema card for a nice comfy cinema thats much closer. Plus Marvel movies are best on opening day with a big crowd, the atmosphere is electric.

Neoxon

HoustonGAF, are there any good restaurants near the Edwards Theater? While I am coming in from A&M, I mostly reside near the Cypress area.

jmood88

Not necessarily, depends on how small.

I don't know where you live, but in SoCal, big movies sell out all weekend, especially at the better theaters with IMAX. How do you not get the point? You can't process that not everybody has the same experience as you?
Lmao, you're acting like I've been over here yelling about how it doesn't make any sense. I asked that person if he lived in a small town and that's why he needed to buy tickets in advance. I've lived all over the US, including LA/Pasadena, and have never at any point needed to buy tickets early to get a good seat, but maybe I've just been luckier than you or planned better. If you need to buy tickets early, then knock yourself out and stop taking innocuous questions as personal affronts.

Blader

I don't know why, but my theater didn't have reserved seating for the preview. And yes, when I called the place, they recommended that I come in at around 2-3pm CST (the showing is at 7:30pm CST). So HoustonGAF, we'll have to show up around 5 hours early max, 3 hours minimum.

That's because preview screenings are overbooked and seats are given on first come first serve. If they were reserved, you wouldn't have to wait in line in the first place. :p

this_guy

HoustonGAF, are there any good restaurants near the Edwards Theater? While I am coming in from A&M, I mostly reside near the Cypress area.

There's plenty of restaurants in that shopping center. Off the top of my head there's a Chick-fil-a, some tex mex sit down restaurant, and Red Robin. There's a lot more but I don't recall their names.

Pfft, I'm not paying x amount to see Civil war is an artsy cinema that costs me a tenner a ticket when I have an unlimited cinema card for a nice comfy cinema thats much closer. Plus Marvel movies are best on opening day with a big crowd, the atmosphere is electric.
Wait, your local artsy cinema costs a tenner a ticket? That's usually the lowest price I can find in any cinema near me (which are all Odeon).

Ashhong

Lmao, you're acting like I've been over here yelling about how it doesn't make any sense. I asked that person if he lived in a small town and that's why he needed to buy tickets in advance. I've lived all over the US, including LA/Pasadena, and have never at any point needed to buy tickets early to get a good seat, but maybe I've just been luckier than you or planned better. If you need to buy tickets early, then knock yourself out and stop taking innocuous questions as personal affronts.

I mean you said it twice how you don't get the point. It's just mind boggling that someone could fail to understand that.

jmood88

I mean you said it twice how you don't get the point. It's just mind boggling that someone could fail to understand that.
I said it twice because you kept asking why I asked him about it. But you should just move on if it's really such a shock to you.

Neoxon

There's plenty of restaurants in that shopping center. Off the top of my head there's a Chick-fil-a, some tex mex sit down restaurant, and Red Robin. There's a lot more but I don't recall their names.
I have around $30 to work with for me & my friend. Is there a local burger place that I could try while I'm in the area?

KodaRuss

That is good to hear about the Winter Soldier. From what we have seen so far it looks like he is in for a beatdown from the entire Team IronMan.

I need to get out of this thread or I will not make it until May 6th

NotLiquid

I don't think it's going to be the biggest movie of the year. Star Wars hype is too high right now.

But it'll be #2 :)

I don't doubt that Rogue One is going to be big but I dunno, this isn't a numbered mainline entry that's coming off of a decade worth of lapsed hype. I imagine both movies will perform similarly.

I don't think it's going to be the biggest movie of the year. Star Wars hype is too high right now.

But it'll be #2 :)

I think its possible, idk the hype for Rogue One seems nothing like for Episode VII last year, though there's still a while till it release. Still though, it doesn't feel like the same sort of even level hype that was there for The Force Awakens.

I think Civil War can beat it possibly.

inky

I think its possible, idk the hype for Rogue One seems nothing like for Episode VII last year, though there's still a while till it release. Still though, it doesn't feel like the same sort of even level hype that was there for The Force Awakens.

I think Civil War can beat it possibly.

It will get there.

BuckyNat is doomed because they're both broken people. Just like why MurdockNat is doomed.

It was nice while it lasted. Bucky having people who loved and believed in him while Steve was gone took him far.

From that one review, really nice to see that
he has somewhat of a brotherhood formed with Falcon and they have some good moments together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom