• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr.'s takes on In-N-Out with new California Classic Double Cheeseburger

Status
Not open for further replies.
rjdFiyr.jpg

Nice try but fuck off Carl

1. It seems like there is a burger thread on gaf every week. We must love our burgers.

2. I was hyped to try In-n-Out burger but left underwhelmed. A year passed before I tried it for a second time recently and it was even worse than I remembered. Five guys, shake shack and Wendy's are much better.

3. Even though In-n-out isn't my thing, it's still better than fucking Carl's. Carl please.

When it comes big franchise fast food, I like CJ (love their Western Bacon burger).
This is a war they will never win. In-N-Out easily wins because their food is made fresh. The moment you take a bite, everything seems to melt in your mouth just right.
CJ's paddies will never do that.

TI82

Banned
Just got one, wasn't even on the menu and took forever so I'm guessing the manager used my order as a teaching example. Hope it's good, looks great surprisingly

2. I was hyped to try In-n-Out burger but left underwhelmed. A year passed before I tried it for a second time recently and it was even worse than I remembered. Five guys, shake shack and Wendy's are much better.

Shake Shack I'd agree with, but Five Guys and freakin' Wendy's? Noooooooo

But yeah, In n Out was my favorite until Shake Shack happened

TI82

Banned
yeah this is pretty good, i think its the thousand island which is one of my favorite sauces. the tomato could be thicker/crisper but i mean that will vary between burgers. Overall not bad at all!

Carl's Jr. but not Hardee's? Lame.

I would love an In-and-out but I would steal a lollipop from an infant if I could get a Five Guy's Burger & Fries. I drive an hour+ way too many times a year to get this treat.

Apt101

I really need to try In-N-Out. Everyone from my area who has traveled and tried them tell me it's barely one step above McD's and far, far below Hardee's/Carl's Jr, Five Guys, etc. But, everyone on the west coast (or wherever) swears by them.

I really need to try In-N-Out. Everyone from my area who has traveled and tried them tell me it's barely one step above McD's and far, far below Hardee's/Carl's Jr, Five Guys, etc. But, everyone on the west coast (or wherever) swears by them.

Your friends are wrong: it's that simple. I was wrong too at one point.

In n Out is a bit of an acquired taste. I thought they were overrated at first...then I learned the error of my ways

RagnarokX

Whoops, seems they missed the mark.

To be fair, double doubles usually look like that irl, too, but with pieces of napkin stuck to the cheese because they put the napkins on top of the burgers.

I tried the California Classic this week. It was good.

atr0cious

Had this last night, it's nothing like in n out in actual taste. It tasted like a burger king budget burger. Don't waste your time.

I'm at a Chinese restaurant near my work right now waiting for take out and there's an In-n-Out that just opened in the same plaza and a Carl's Jr. is right across the street.

Yeah, I'd rather go to In-n-Out.

There's also Five Guys and The Habit nearby too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom