• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr.'s takes on In-N-Out with new California Classic Double Cheeseburger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishwalla

Banned
Carl's Jr./Hardees is disgusting. They try so hard to make their food look like it's premium, but in the end it's still gross.

Fox318

osXcDzo.jpg

This. I've never understood the obsession. The fries are good, but there are better burgers elsewhere.

Not for under $2.50 there aren't.

A lot of SoCalians like to hype up In-N-Out as the best burger ever, which I think does it a disservice since the price is a big factor. If there's a better cheeseburger+fries combo anywhere for under $4, I've love to know about it.

Also if you don't order with grilled onions and chopped chilies, you're doing it wrong.

A lot of SoCalians like to hype up In-N-Out as the best burger ever, which I think does it a disservice since the price is a big factor. If there's a better cheeseburger+fries combo anywhere for under $4, I've love to know about it.

Also if you don't order with grilled onions and chopped chilies, you're doing it wrong.

for 4 dollars I can't think of anything better
but taste wise In N Out is low to middle of the road

Fries are shit though

see5harp

In and Out is all about the price/quality ratio. I think it's really good for the same price as a combo at McDonalds. I think shake shack and even five guys is probably a product on par or better though for a little more money.

Pejo

Gold Member
As a recent mover to CA, I love In-N-Out. I'm willing to give this a try though. I already love Carl Jr's Jalapeno Turkey Burger, that thing is amazing.

studyguy

The difference with In N Out is that the actual product there is trucked in almost daily iirc. The main reason they don't expand is because their supply chain is super limited.

Sure there's a literal fuckton of bistros with similar quality to In N Out, but they cost an arm and a leg in comparison. The Habit gets hyped up but then you end up dropping nearly 4-5 per a regular ass burger (not even including fries/drink). It's great, but I could do just as well at In N Out for less and equal dope ass burger.

Also Animal Style everything all day every day because anything else is doing is wrong.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
You Americans might consider it a cheap imitation, and you're probably right, but I'd like to try both it and In-N-Out burger sometime, sounds like heaven. I can already imagine the good tasting cheddar cheese, the salt, the fresh beef patty....

Zackat

I rank Carl's Jr, Jack in the Box, and Burger King as the absolute lowest form of fast food.

Actually Bakers and Sonic might be slightly lower.

The point is this won't taste like In-n-Out.
No McDonald's in your list? I think it's easily one of the worst fast food places there is. The fries and Coke are the only good things.

ReAxion

You Americans might consider it a cheap imitation, and you're probably right, but I'd like to try both it and In-N-Out burger sometime, sounds like heaven. I can already imagine the good tasting cheddar cheese, the salt, the fresh beef patty....

Imagine the best use of American cheese instead.

norm9

Just had it for lunch. It's not terrible.

Doesn't taste anything like In & Out with the exception of the grilled onions. It was real small too even with two patties, just as I suspected. Only cost 5 bucks though.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm game to try this, for sure. I think Carl's is a pretty decent burger place if you know what to order. I like their grass fed beef patty too.

I'm sure it's no in-n-out, but since I have lots of Carl's around and not many In-N-Outs... i'm glad they are least trying to live up to the standard.

I'm in SF and we only have ONE in-n-out in the city... it sucks! They could easily expand more and keep the demand high. Wish they would.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
In 'N Out is delicious and overrated.

Carl's Jr reminds me of Kmart. I'm always surprised when I see they still exist.

What is Carl's doing this. They already have the monster Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger!
08dtmhZh.jpg

Yes, those are god-dammned onion rings in there!

Chris R

So this is actually pretty damn good for the price.

Cheese isn't nearly as good and the meat has that Carl Jr's flavor, but when you can get the burger and a side of onion rings for the price of a double western it's kinda a no brainer.

Surprised at the folks hatin on Carl's burgers. They're consistently better than the other fast food burgers at their chosen price points. Their weaknesses lie in their sides. The milkshakes are also great.

After not eating fast food for a while that doesn't look appealing. I just think of how bad that's for your body and shudder at the thought of actively wanting it.

Lenz44

Banned
What is Carl's doing this. They already have the monster Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger!
08dtmhZh.jpg

Yes, those are god-dammned onion rings in there!

When I was in college they always had BOGO coupons for those all over the campus. That was my go to burger because I could go to town on two of those for cheap. So damn good.

FinKL

My man. Chopped Chilies, grilled onions, and on some days keep the raw onions as well

I remember last month Grill Em All had their own double double style burger that blew the original out of the water. I doubt this will hold a candle to that.

In-N-Out gotta be the most overrated eatery in the world. I remember they hyped it up that it was coming here to Austin, and all the Cali immigrants were praising god for it.

Then the Texans tried it and went right back to Short Stop and P. Terry's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom