• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Cash me outside" girl drops her first single and it's low key fire

ZangBa

Ok I actually tried to watch this. People actually think this is anything more than complete garbage is baffling to me... I don't know what to say. I guess with music these days I'm not surprised. Thank Based God for the Black Ken mixtape or I'd be going insane.

giphy.gif

Alebrije

She is basically a trending topic, her video has more than 6 million views. Know bands with better songs that struggle to get 1 million views. But this is how internet works , the sad part is that she is just 14.

NYR

This song was....like....Jesus....l..don't....

giphy.gif

...well fuck, It was actually pretty good. 🤷*♂️

Lustened to this out of* extreme morbid curiosity.
Its not really any* worse than anything else i hear people listening to, so im not offended and i guess thats good
I guess.

Man...OP already made me depressed. That is ass, just goes to show how much of a joke a large portion of hip-hop is these days that some individuals would consider that okay.

I don't normally say things like this but I'm pretty sure that if you can even stand to listen to this shit you have no taste at all. The adults who enabled this shit to exist are cynical as fuck. And that's setting aside the deeply problematic "act" this white fucking 14-year-old is putting on. At least Dolezal worked for the NAACP.

I don't normally say things like this but I'm pretty sure that if you can even stand to listen to this shit you have no taste at all. The adults who enabled this shit to exist are cynical as fuck. And that's setting aside the deeply problematic "act" this white fucking 14-year-old is putting on. At least Dolezal worked for the NAACP.

You think she's culturally appropriating? If you think she is, I guess you are also in the camp that believes Eminem and other white rappers who grew up in predominantly ethnic neighborhoods did the same thing. You really expect a white girl who grew up in the hood to act like a suburban upper-middle class stereotypical white girl?

snap

Banned
as a 20 year old, she can't sing for shit and any one saying it's "good" is getting distracted by the beat and the auto tuning.

any time the effects on her voice start to drop out the song gets pretty grating

also that music video is some real budget shit

Criticizing other artists is a bit cheap and dumb when you sound like a dime in a dozen rapper. But the attitude is there so maybe she will develop an interest in music and maybe she'll make really good original music one day. We need more angry kids making music. They should do it for the music though. Not for attention and fame.
For her age, she's pretty out there.

Official video had some pretty nice camera work.

Top Bottom