• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Cash me outside" girl drops her first single and it's low key fire

if RiFF RAFF can have a successful career there is no reason she can't with this kind of quality

but man she's 14? everything about her story seems like it's pointing towards ending BAD

White daughter disrespects her mother on national TV and she receives fame and money, and decides to become a rapper. It's cute when white girls act "ghetto" huh?

tenor.gif

Yeah can't co-sign this. People are literally rewarding shitty behavior. Of course this is also a phase she'll grow out of as it is customary to copy hip hop culture and then discard it at an older age *see Justin Bieber, Pink, Justin Timberlake and most recently Miley cyrus

night814

This is so timely, one of the first things I heard out of a new girl at works mouth today was "cash me outside". It came out of nowhere and received a tepid reaction at best.

MIMIC

Banned
White mediocrity is rewarded in the US far more than other people of colour actually having any sort of skill.

A 13 year old girl swears at her mom on tv, gets tattoos, I think Kodak Black had sex with this girl, and she is rewarded with millions of followers, endorsements and fame and now a music career in which a 14 year old girl is saying don't compare me to these hoes. She is probably a millionaire now too. Is this the American Dream in action, or the realization of American degeneracy and decline?

No different than Rebecca Black. I see it a lot now actually.

Dignity and shame are for losers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It isn't like she's going to make any money of it.

Probably not.even close to a millionaire, if it makes you feel any better.

She'll be broke and probably in debt by the time she's 18. The people really making money off of all these endeavors are just using her for her 15 minutes, letting her pretend to be rich and famous.

riotous

Banned
She'll be broke and probably in debt by the time she's 18. The people really making money off of all these endeavors are just using her for her 15 minutes, letting her pretend to be rich and famous.

Yeah she has maybe 30 million total YouTube views, most of which come from videos that were clearly recorded by some sort of social media network that is used to much more viral stars. She is gettnig paid in the 10s of thousands and MAYBE 100k+ for all of this. And it's likely mostly being wasted.

She can certainly turn it into a long term career of sorts in the current weird media atmosphere, but it's not 100% certain. Not sure this stupid song was the right move TBH.

The beat is decent but as soon as she draws breath to make a sound....nah.

Amazing her ascendance and accumulation of wealth comes from basically being a verbally abusive problem child who wears black "ghetto" like a fashion accessory. The bar is so low.

Agree. Ratchet is popular now. Used to be embarrassing.

proto

This girl has a pretty popular channel. Good for her really. Might as well take advantage.

I kinda agree! She goes on Dr. Phil and everyone thinks she's white trash, but she turns around, makes the most of the opportunity and manages to create an online presence for herself.

The beat is decent but as soon as she draws breath to make a sound....nah.

Amazing her ascendance and accumulation of wealth comes from basically being a verbally abusive problem child who wears black "ghetto" like a fashion accessory. The bar is so low.

While the whole situation is sad(like most YouTube celebrities imo), trying to shame her for appropriating black culture while knowing nothing about her is regressive and simple minded as fuck as far as I am concerned.

Black people, and no one else for that matter, don't act 'ghetto' from genetics or something. It's a result of the surroundings and upbringing.

A quick search shows she's from Boynton Beach, which has a very large black population (most of which is poorer than the neighboring palm beach). My family moved there for a few years after I left college.

Is it so hard to believe that she isn't just 'wearing' black culture but it is part of her identity being raised in an area like that. It happens all the time.

When I was in middle school I lived in the ghettos of mobile Alabama as a white kid and for years I probably sounded just like this girl. It wasn't some conscious decision, and was just a result of me trying to fit in with my surroundings.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I just want to be clear here; is she also repeatedly using the word PECKER as slang to mention the male sex organ? Because what I'm hearing of "your pecker so swole up." Can that possibly be right? Who the fuck wrote this shit?

lenovox1

I just want to be clear here; is she also repeatedly using the word PECKER as slang to mention the male sex organ? Because what I'm hearing of "your pecker so swole up." Can that possibly be right? Who the fuck wrote this shit?

The closed captioning says she's saying "pockets," which makes far more sense in context.

Selddon

Banned
Seriously though, the internet love for using words like shook, fam, low key, lit, fire...

Is it just a fun way to usurp/ ironically mock black culture or something?

Always felt weird to me

It's like using the 'dis gone be good' gif
Using the dis gone be good gif?
Is it digital blackface?

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Played the video and was immediately hit with bad usage of autotune over a decent beat.

Idontknowwhatiexpected.gif

edit: once again producers should be getting the spotlight because they are the real hit makers/ real mvps. Take the beat away and she is just as bad as some other recently popular emcees.

whitehawk

Banned
Her rhythm is the exact same as every other rap song with this type of beat, not sure what the genre is called. Trap maybe? No originality at all.

Either way it's still better than Taylor Swift's new single.

Top Bottom