• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Ok, added most if not all of the psn ids I've seen. Add me if you haven't yet.

PSN: Thetrinidad

Also, what's the policy on custom play books? I am trying to find a way to set my own audibles but the only way I see is by making a custom play pol based off the specific team.

WoolyNinja

I'll do the league. I'm just getting back into madden after about 8 years so i may be terrible, but i really don't mind losing.

PSN: woolyninja
US Central Time
Team: Bears (since they're taken I'll try with the Falcons)

Bacon

Wow half the remaining teams filled out while I was asleep, thats fantastic! We should have a full league no problem by when we start.

I'll be adding everyone in the league tonight after I get home from work. I'll just add in Madden gaf or something in the message.

I'll be away Saturday and Sunday so the earliest I could play my first game is Monday, although it sounds like we won't advance until Wednesday night so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Excited to get this going!

You and I both. I was playing the Skills Trainer all night last night and realize I REALLY suck at this Madden. Gotta put the work in and make myself at least a little relevant for this season. I'm glad I picked the Browns. I think their D will keep me in some games and at least keep my losses close LOL!!!

Bacon

The game feels significantly more difficult this year in a good way IMO.

It's going to be a learning process for everyone I think.

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
Yeah always a learning curve with new madden for me. Skills trainer is deep.

Anyone want to scrimmage today please friend me on PSN.

Blacksnakeball

abrack08

You and I both. I was playing the Skills Trainer all night last night and realize I REALLY suck at this Madden. Gotta put the work in and make myself at least a little relevant for this season. I'm glad I picked the Browns. I think their D will keep me in some games and at least keep my losses close LOL!!!

Yeah I played my first (non-MUT) full game last night on All-Pro, Cowboys v 9ers. Lost 27-23, threw 2 picks (included the game-loser into the end zone with ~30 seconds left) and gave up 200 yards rushing to Frank Gore. I was pretty angry, I NEVER lose on All-Pro... I'm out of practice.

ShaneB

I am also an Indians fan. Talk about a drought!

Well you could be a diehard Cubs fan =( I just like seeing those long droughts end, so it would be awesome for the Cubs to get something positive happening again.

Ah well.

Yeah, I need to hit up the trainer a lot. My recent Madden gaming consists pretty much of Madden 08 PC, and the league I was in with that recently was a lot of fun, but man it's obviously a massive jump coming to 15. Plus I'm not sure I'm not that comfortable with the controller compared to how much I've used an Xbox controller instead.

Well you could be a diehard Cubs fan =( I just like seeing those long droughts end, so it would be awesome for the Cubs to get something positive happening again.

Ah well.

Yeah, I need to hit up the trainer a lot. My recent Madden gaming consists pretty much of Madden 08 PC, and the league I was in with that recently was a lot of fun, but man it's obviously a massive jump coming to 15. Plus I'm not sure I'm not that comfortable with the controller compared to how much I've used an Xbox controller instead.

Da hell with the Indians. My Blue Jays this year flat out collapsed after looking like the team to beat two months into the season. I'm getting white hairs from watching them this year.... LOL!!!!

Bacon

Yeah I played my first (non-MUT) full game last night on All-Pro, Cowboys v 9ers. Lost 27-23, threw 2 picks (included the game-loser into the end zone with ~30 seconds left) and gave up 200 yards rushing to Frank Gore. I was pretty angry, I NEVER lose on All-Pro... I'm out of practice.

Defense is tough this year! I've also found the AI quarterbacks to be ridiculously accurate. I had Chad Henne going something like 14/15 on me last night, gonna need to tweak the slider on that.

ShaneB

Da hell with the Indians. My Blue Jays this year flat out collapsed after looking like the team to beat two months into the season. I'm getting white hairs from watching them this year.... LOL!!!!

Yeah, the Blue Jays have been stuck in mediocrity for 20 years =( Definitely hard to watch at times. A season of high hopes again has crash and burned.

I hope you're a tough out because judging by some of the PSN ID's I see here there will be some serious competition with some of the members in our league.

Yeah, the Blue Jays have been stuck in mediocrity for 20 years =( Definitely hard to watch at times. A season of high hopes again has crash and burned.

It's the GM for the Jays that has me going nuts these days... literally had a chance to solidify the rotation and make them a playoff contender at the deadline and just stood pat and watched the Tigers land Price and Lester go to the A's (who don't need him) and others get scooped up. I'm pretty bitter....

abrack08

Defense is tough this year! I've also found the AI quarterbacks to be ridiculously accurate. I had Chad Henne going something like 14/15 on me last night, gonna need to tweak the slider on that.

My D toughened up as the game went on, Gore had like ~160 yards in the first quarter and ended with like 205. Shaking the rust off I guess. Gore had a ~80 yard TD run on their second drive, skewed the numbers a bit. I agree about the QBs, Kaepernick was like 15-20 but threw 3 picks and had a couple dropped picks too (so no off-target passes). The only poorly thrown ball the whole game was a ball I threw into the end zone when I had a wide open receiver that went 15 yards out of bounds.

I played my first online match last night for ultimate team. I surprisingly won 17-0, which makes me wonder if I am actually as bad as I thought I was.

Maybe I will bring some competition to you guys in the league.

Anyway, should we have everyones PSN name next to their name on the team, that way its easier to find?

I have a buddy waiting for GAF mod approval of his account. He would really like to play as the Chargers. His PSN and GAF name will be Pschweitz.

I understand if you guys want to wait and see if current GAF account members want to join first.

Send your buddy to this thread once his account is approved.

I played my first online match last night for ultimate team. I surprisingly won 17-0, which makes me wonder if I am actually as bad as I thought I was.

Maybe I will bring some competition to you guys in the league.

Anyway, should we have everyones PSN name next to their name on the team, that way its easier to find?

Just did an update on that LOL!!! Anywho I am probably going to struggle early. Don't know how many reps I can get in before the league kicks off.... I'm thinking once the patch is done we start things up... What do you guys think?

I'm still waiting to hear more info on that. Nobody knows at this rate.

If you are talking about the H2H games not registering in online franchise, it will likely be a serverside fix and not a patch so hopefully not a long wait. They already pushed some online franchise serverside stuff last night or this morning.

From Josh Looman:

"Rolled out some fixes yesterday for online leagues:

1. Speed and Hit Power costs have been fixed.
2. Cost of scouting speed for O-Line and D-Line has been fixed.
3. Added a game prep activity all season for XP for anyone on the team.
4. Added the ability to progress Power Moves for OLB and MLB.

We're still looking into simmed stats and H2H results not showing up. I'll update you when I have more info."

That was as of 25 minutes ago.

ShaneB

It's the GM for the Jays that has me going nuts these days... literally had a chance to solidify the rotation and make them a playoff contender at the deadline and just stood pat and watched the Tigers land Price and Lester go to the A's (who don't need him) and others get scooped up. I'm pretty bitter....

I think AA is just a little hesitant now after not really seeing the full potential of the big deals he made in the 2012 offseason. I never saw the team as a contender, so it's a bit of him being safe and not throwing away the future for some rentals that might not work at all. But so it goes in sports I guess, gotta take gambles from time to time.

Excited to start playing in this league. Had a lot of fun in the Madden 08 PC league I was in, and streaming games and uploading them and all that good times. Nice to have an audience and feel like it is really a "league"

If you are talking about the H2H games not registering in online franchise, it will likely be a serverside fix and not a patch so hopefully not a long wait. They already pushed some online franchise serverside stuff last night or this morning.

From Josh Looman:

"Rolled out some fixes yesterday for online leagues:

1. Speed and Hit Power costs have been fixed.
2. Cost of scouting speed for O-Line and D-Line has been fixed.
3. Added a game prep activity all season for XP for anyone on the team.
4. Added the ability to progress Power Moves for OLB and MLB.

We're still looking into simmed stats and H2H results not showing up. I'll update you when I have more info."

That was as of 25 minutes ago.

Good man... thanks for the update

I think AA is just a little hesitant now after not really seeing the full potential of the big deals he made in the 2012 offseason. I never saw the team as a contender, so it's a bit of him being safe and not throwing away the future for some rentals that might not work at all. But so it goes in sports I guess, gotta take gambles from time to time.

Excited to start playing in this league. Had a lot of fun in the Madden 08 PC league I was in, and streaming games and uploading them and all that good times. Nice to have an audience and feel like it is really a "league"

Me too. can't wait to get started. I have a feeling Madden will pull Josh Gordon off of the roster for me since his suspension just got upheld. crossing my fingers this isn't the case otherwise I'll be harassing owners for a trade to land a good WR LOL!!!

Bacon

Me too. can't wait to get started. I have a feeling Madden will pull Josh Gordon off of the roster for me since his suspension just got upheld. crossing my fingers this isn't the case otherwise I'll be harassing owners for a trade to land a good WR LOL!!!

I was playing as the Browns last night, Josh Gordon is SO GOOD in this game. I just had to throw in his general direction and he made the catch. Straight up un-guardable.

I sincerely hope he is taken off the roster ;)

Oddly enough, Toby Gerhart is doing work for me in Madden. I would've never expected it from him.

Also, I feel like I am getting a lot more sacks and tackles compared to the other Maddens. Feels good man.

Oddly enough, Toby Gerhart is doing work for me in Madden. I would've never expected it from him.

Also, I feel like I am getting a lot more sacks and tackles compared to the other Maddens. Feels good man.

This Madden's focus is on stronger play from the D-Line. I think it's great. Forces you to make reads like in real football. No more are the days of chilling in the pocket for 5-10 seconds waiting for a particular route to open up. You're actually forced to read the defense and make a quick decision and deal with the unexpected from time to time when an O-Lineman blows an assignment. I may suck as of now, but I like the direction the game is going now.

I think someone earlier had wanted the chargers

Also, you have the AFC West listed under the NFC, which im surprised no one noticed until now lol

I wanted to see if that guy would reply on the thread first. Someone requested the team for a new owner. Didn't want to pencil him/her in until they posted on here.

hlhbk

I used to be really good online at Madden online (I was 148-10 online in Madden 11 on 360), but its probably been 3 years since I played an online match until last night preparing for this league (to many rude people when they fall behind in games). I ended up being 2-1, and my only loss game down to the last drive of the game. I gotta say I was impressed with how smooth online play was in PSN as I never have had good online play on PSN before!

I just don't want to sign up for another account and I don't belong to groupme. What's wrong with Facebook?

I think most people have personal info they would rather not share when using a facebook account. I have an account just for stuff like this though. GroupMe is more or less just a messenger service. It's pretty convenient but whatever the majority wants to use I'm down for.

Fixed1979

I just don't want to sign up for another account and I don't belong to groupme. What's wrong with Facebook?

I just don't really use it, honestly whatever we choose to use I'll go along with. It just seems most likely that I won't get messages as quickly if they're on Facebook as opposed to anything else, wouldn't I have to leave it open in my browser all the time to get notification of messages? I have no idea how their messaging system works now.

Regardless of what we choose, I'm pretty sure someone here will have to sign up for a service that they don't belong to already.

I just don't really use it, honestly whatever we choose to use I'll go along with. It just seems most likely that I won't get messages as quickly if they're on Facebook as opposed to anything else, wouldn't I have to leave it open in my browser all the time to get notification of messages?

yeah you would. but if you have it on your smartphone it would be instant also.

Top Bottom