• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBO score on Senate GOP health bill released, 22M more uninsured relative to ACA

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
uninsured__1_.png

hmm, yep this bill is awesome and makes perfect sense.

And all the old dumbshit white people are still gonna turn out in droves in 2018 and 2020 to vote for them because at least those brown folks can't leach off the system neither.

Laughable.

faint.

This bill will pass ala some HoC bullshit. These "torn" Republicans are just waiting for some promise that will allow them a better chance to secure their seat come election time.

And all the old dumbshit white people are still gonna turn out in droves in 2018 and 2020 to vote for them because at least those brown folks can't leach off the system neither.

Laughable.

Some of them will probably be already be dead by that point because they won't be able to afford expensive treatments as their health declines. I can't imagine anyone but the dumbest, most brainwashed pieces of shit would still support something when their lifelong friends or even themselves are suffering heavily as a result of it.

slit

I'd love to see the utter shock on the face of Trump supporters who live in rural Hicksville, West Virginia when they realize their local hospital is closing because of the cuts to Medicaid.

old

It's not the BCRA. It's Trumpcare. Don't let them dissociate from it. Put their brand on it. When millions die and suffer from it, let it be on their brand.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Everyone knows this is just a massive tax break for the wealthy.

Anyone believe this is meant to help improve healthcare? Anyone?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
but you guys are forgetting taxes will be lower for rich people which will trickle down and then they can buy their hea......I can't even do it

Laughable.
They're going to die off almost as fast as the American Buffalo if Trumpcare actually passes.

RPGCrazied

trump_medicaid.0.png

This still makes my blood boil. They will cut these by like 800 billion dollars, then flat out lie and say we aren't cutting it!

Trump's constant tweets about Dems being obstructionists would for once be right as I doubt Dems would play ball with Trump.

Also Trump got his less mean health care bill.

It's like, the exact same bill + the 6 month penalty.

Funny enough, I got this gem from a distant friend in my FB feed this morning before the CBO release:

For the first time in my life, I called my senators. Of course, they are Democrats, because this is Jersey. Booker and Menendez.
I informed them that I am an independent and want them to vote against the health bill this week because of the secretive and rushed process.
Also informed them that I want them to come up with a specific counterproposal rather than simply say no, because simply saying no does nothing to fix the system that we all agree needs to be fixed. And, that their counter proposal needs to be realistic (i.e. Single payer has no chance).
And I conveyed that the extent to which they are willing to compromise will have a significant influence on my voting decision in the next election, just as it will influence my voting decisions in regard to Republicans.

I acknowledged that compromise can be difficult when they are being excluded from the process, but that there is absolutely nothing stopping them from going to the public with a specific counter offer.
I would strongly encourage anyone who is calling their senators to throw in the point about compromise. Unless and until we place a premium on compromise, legislators will have no incentive to do it.

Of course, like most "independents", he always votes the same way anyway, but I find it interesting the level of demands being put on Dems vs being put on Repubs. "Dems, please compromise on this shitty bill or come up with something a million times better than the ACA, oh but it can't be single payer because we can't expect Republicans to ever compromise to that, and I'll hold you personally responsible if this gets rammed through on a partisan vote and tens of millions lose healthcare" is pretty close to sentiments I've seen expressed on GAF and elsewhere on the internet.

The entire perspective/conversation is fucked. This is what we mean when we say the political conversation is moving right. Being a "moderate" shouldn't be directly in the middle of the ACA and just cutting off 15 million people by next year.

Steel

Banned
Everyone knows this is just a massive tax break for the wealthy.

Anyone believe this is meant to help improve healthcare? Anyone?

I'm sure if you trolled places other than here you'd run into a few dumbshits that believe in it. Though, I'd have to imagine even the trumpers will have trouble swallowing this.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Four of those five are Cruz, Lee, Johnson and Rand. Having any faith in them is an exercise in suicide.

This passing depends on three votes: Heller, Murkowski and Collins.

Portman has had strong concerns considering how much the Medicaid cuts would affect Ohio (and his next campaign). He may well vote against it too.

theWB27

It's like, the exact same bill + the 6 month penalty.

Funny enough, I got this gem from a distant friend in my FB feed this morning before the CBO release:

Of course, like most "independents", he always votes the same way anyway, but I find it interesting the level of demands being put on Dems vs being put on Repubs. "Dems, please compromise on this shitty bill or come up with something a million times better than the ACA, oh but it can't be single payer because we can't expect Republicans to ever compromise to that, and I'll hold you personally responsible if this gets rammed through on a partisan vote and tens of millions lose healthcare" is pretty close to sentiments I've seen expressed on GAF and elsewhere on the internet.

The entire perspective/conversation is fucked. This is what we mean when we say the political conversation is moving right. Being a "moderate" shouldn't be directly in the middle of the ACA and just cutting off 15 million people by next year.

See that same argument so much on here. Democrats should lose because being better than republicans isn't enough. If they don't give the world on a silver platter... they can wallow in right wing bullshit until they do.

The dissonance of not taking into account the massive hole they're giving the dems to climb out of directly affects their ability to do what's right is amazing.

Portman has had strong concerns considering how much the Medicaid cuts would affect Ohio (and his next campaign). He may well vote against it too.

I think there are some behind the scenes working in the GOP to allow 2 GOP senators to vote no to save face.

This is going to pass, because the GOP don't represent the 99%.

slit

I think there are some behind the scenes working in the GOP to allow 2 GOP senators to vote no to save face.

This is going to pass, because the GOP don't represent the 99%.

More than two are going to need to save face after this but I agree there is a strong possibility this will still get through.

Vlad

I'm sure if you trolled places other than here you'd run into a few dumbshits that believe in it. Though, I'd have to imagine even the trumpers will have trouble swallowing this.

Anecdotally, the one Trump supporter on my Facebook feed that I haven't unfollowed (it's nice to at least read the rationale ever so often) claims this as a victory since they're not going to be forced into overly expensive Obamacare plans.

What I cannot comprehend is the GOP actually shitting on their main voting class: older people.

Has it just gone to not caring about reelection now?

LordCanti

If 23 million people left to just...die I guess is "mean", what do we call 22 million? Unkind? Anyone that votes for this is a monster.

Now is the time to pick up the phone if your senator is one of the handful that is acting like they're sort of on the fence.

g11

It's cool, I'm sure those billionaires need their tax cut more than myself and plenty of others need insurance.

My only hope is that if (more likely when) this goes through it will be such a shitshow that the majority of Americans wake up to the situation and Trump will be out on a swift 4 years and nary shall a Republican control either house of Congress or the White House for decades. Probably not though.

slit

I meant to save face for those two senators. Someone like Portman and Heller who are in swing states.

I know what you meant, I'm saying they would need more than 2 spaces after this. There are GOP senators in blue and purple states that are going get torn apart for this yet I think they may STILL vote for it.

Top Bottom