• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBO score released on ACHA - 14 million - 2018 - 24 million more uninsured 2026

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see anything in this CBO analysis that said I would get worse coverage.

My happiness rides on me getting the same or better coverage for less money.

Oh you'll be paying more, the only question is by how much and for what. You could be paying 1% less than you would have payed with ACA (but still more than you do today) for worse coverage. Is that worth it?

Why exactly would an insurance company lower premiums anyway when they already have you paying that price and they are about to lose customers. Remember that the government was subsidizing costs far more than they will

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Why exactly would an insurance company lower premiums anyway when they already have you paying that price and they are about to lose customers. Remember that the government was subsidizing costs far more than they will

Because now they will be competing across state lines less likely to exploit their local markets.

Geez at those numbers. No surprise at their proposed piece of trash healthcare plan, which is saying something as the ACA was like a bandaid, this is a like bleeding you out to stop the fever.

Is there follow on legislation that will take care of the rest of the missing key points?

The only way this can pass this if it makes it through reconciliation. Other legislation needs 60 votes to pass.

So no there will be no follow up legislation. This is what Republicans will get.

And no democrats will not own this shit legislation with Republicans when it results in kicking millions off their plans

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I didn't see anything in this CBO analysis that said I would get worse coverage.

Amazing that you didn't but everyone except Paul Ryan (including fox news and breitbart) did.

I wonder what that says about your intellectual honesty and mental acuity.

guek

Banned

-->
Starting in 2020, the increase in average premiums from repealing the individual mandate penalties would be more than offset by the combination of several factors that would decrease those premiums, [eg.] the elimination of the requirement for insurers to offer plans covering certain percentages of the cost of covered benefits

CBO and JCT estimate that changes in premiums relative to those under current law would differ significantly for people of different ages because of a change in age-rating rules. Under the legislation, insurers would be allowed to generally charge five times more for older enrollees than younger ones rather than three times more as under current law, substantially reducing premiums for young adults and substantially raising premiums for older people.

And fyi, insurance companies don't care about offering coverage across state lines because it's just not worth the infrastructure and administrative costs to do so. That's why it doesn't happen among the few states where it's already legal.

antonz

That is honestly a huge issue that needs to be pointed out with the CBO thing as well.

This is all about gutting Obamacare. All the supposed future benefits are "we promise we will pass other bills" If they manage to kill the ACA it will be via Reconciliation. The other "promised" stuff will require traditional bills with 60 votes etc. They will have accomplished what they set out to do via reconciliation. The other stuff is just bullshit to get people to accept their main step with promises of future steps

Rival

Gold Member
Can't really comprehend wanting to increase military budget so drastically while millions will lose healthcare under this. Even with the expense of Obamacare, it could be easily paid for by not spending so much on the military. For Christ sakes you can increase that and help the poor. This really is nothing but a massive scam on the American public to give tax breaks to the large insurance corporations.

Because now they will be competing across state lines less likely to exploit their local markets.
I see that you remain as bright as a rock. A thoroughly self-centered and dense rock.

In other news, 2018 is going to be judgement day if this passes. And if it doesn't, the party will be in disarray anyways. Would be great political theatre if millions of lives weren't in the fucking balance.

Chumly

Three states allow for this and no company takes advantage of it because the issue really isn't regulatory, it's the cost of setting up coverage networks.
This. Anyone who works in health insurance knows this. Selling across state lines was a myth that died a long time ago. It might have worked 20 years ago but nowadays you have to set up a local networks and price accordingly.

antonz

Until active measures are in place to combat unregulated pricing healthcare will never get cheaper let alone affordable. God help me if I ever get bit by a rattlesnake. My ass is going to drive down to Mexico and get treated.

SURGEdude

People like Trump and his ilk are why I still support very narrow uses of the death penalty for capital offence. If the fed and justice have any hope of turning around the accelerated collapse of our society they will vigorously pursue and prosecute. Let's use the gray area of selective charging to actually target the real boogie men instead of poor and disadvantaged persons.

I'm sure only a small handful of these cretins have committed capital offenses so far thankfully. But for the one's who have, I think a Nuremberg style panel would help curtail the normalization of this disease of the mind and disconnect from reality we see on the right.

Of course none of this will happen. I always assumed we would slowly decline like so many past empires. Instead we seem convinced that cutting out our own heart will somehow save us.

The White House's own internal analysis of the GOP plan to repeal and replace Obamacare show even steeper coverage losses than the projections by the Congressional Budget Office, according to a document viewed by POLITICO on Monday.

The executive branch analysis forecast that 26 million people would lose coverage over the next decade, versus the 24 million CBO estimate — a finding that undermines White House efforts to discredit the forecasts from the nonpartisan CBO.

The analysis found that under the American Health Care Act the coverage losses would include 17 million for Medicaid, six million in the individual market and three million in employer-based plans.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/obamacare-uninsured-white-house-236019
The White House Analysis is WORSE! WORSE!

SURGEdude

Oh you'll be paying more, the only question is by how much and for what. You could be paying 1% less than you would have payed with ACA (but still more than you do today) for worse coverage. Is that worth it?

Why are you wasting time on him? The dude is a fascist. He's an apologist for a proud rapist. He's not confused. He's not mixed up. He's a morally empty sociopath. I'd love to assume otherwise, but Diablo is smart enough to know what's up.

A smart guy like him who still decides he's proud enough of supporting a degenerate and chooses not to keep it to himself is among the most intellectually loathsome people you can find.

Don't bother trying to convince someone with at best reptilian empathy. They have no sympathy or interest in understanding others and we should return the favor in kind.

Azuran

Banned
dwjlgQG.jpg

I hate this man...

I hate Paul Ryan more than any person in this world. If there's one person that deserves to be struck by lightning, is this vicious motherfucker.

I bet he's going to be masturbating so hard tonight. 24 million is a dream number to that evil hack. The sad part is that is probably not as high as he was hoping.

It probably burns them to no end, absolutely no end, that a black man and his team came up with something far, far better than the burning pile of fetid garbage their best minds rolled out (on a stretcher).
Huh??? Can't they just lie about this? I don't understand
Cant lie the numbers. Besides, they probably wanted to keep it a secret. Rest assured Spicer will be going on a cellphone check again tonight.

rjinaz

Multiple states allow this and even the ACA has a procedure for setting it up. Guess how many companies and states do it.

But that's Trump's ace in the hole! Are you telling me he's completely full of shit? If only somebody could have told me months ago before the elections...

antonz

"The majority of the uninsured would be those who don't want it."

That is exactly what Ryan tried to pull on Fox News earlier. Even Bret Baier couldn't believe the shit he was being sold and asked Ryan if this CBO report is supposedly good news what would it take to be bad news.

pigeon

Banned

What age are you?

Is there follow on legislation that will take care of the rest of the missing key points?

EDIT: looks like there will be.
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tweets-american-health-care-act-obamacare-replacement-2017-3

Eh, Trump also said this bill would be great and cover everyone, so I wouldn't believe him. Also, Nazi.

In any case, that follow-on legislation won't pass the House and Senate. You can tell because if it could pass them it would already be in the current bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom