• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES : Video streaming of Sony and MS conferences [Concluded]

yurinka

Hi!

I didn't saw anything CES 2011 related here in GAF. Will be from 6 to 9 January in Las Vegas.

As I know, there are at least 2 gaming related conferences to be streamed:

-Sony (January 6, 2:00 AM Italian/Spanish hour)
·http://translate.google.com/transla...iretta-streaming.php&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8
·#SonyCES live stream broadcast! Check it out at www.Sony.com/blog at 5 PST http://ow.ly/3z2Lc

-Microsoft (January 7, at 3:30 AM Italian/Spanish hour, time clock ·here)
·http://translate.google.com/transla...iretta-streaming.php&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8
·http://www.facebook.com/Microsoft?v=app_143254022397124
·http://majornelson.com/archive/2011...ow-you-can-watch-the-ms-ces-keynote-live.aspx

Some previous years there were pretty good announcements in CES.
So can we expect new Kinect games / features / apps to be announced there? PSP2 announcement?

slider

There's a thread in OT but maybe there'll be more gaming related stuff (Kinect specifically I'm thinking) presented.

yurinka

slider said:
There's a thread in OT but maybe there'll be more gaming related stuff (Kinect specifically I'm thinking) presented.
There is at least a picture with a Kinect banner and an avatar dancing or whatever and people are speculating about this.
In addition to this, Major Nelson hinted in the link I provided they are going to announce something.
So I suppouse they have something game related.

FrankT

Domino Theory said:
It is just Ballmer's keynote. There's no extra conference from MS.

Should say Jan 5th then.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011
6:30 p.m. Las Vegas Hilton Center
Steve Ballmer
Microsoft CEO

Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer will deliver a preshow keynote address at the 2011 International CES.

“As leader of one of the world’s most innovative technology companies, a keynote address from Steve Ballmer is the perfect way to kick off the 2011 International CES,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CEA. “Microsoft’s entrepreneurial spirit and drive have been major forces behind the success of the company and its impact on the global consumer technology industry. We look forward to hearing Steve’s strategic vision for the future of Microsoft and our industry.”

Steve Ballmer will kick off the 2011 International CES with a preshow keynote address at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 5, in the Las Vegas Hilton Center. In previous years, Microsoft has used the CES keynote stage to launch major products including Xbox, Windows Vista and its Sync technology partnership with Ford.

My expectations; Kinect sales, maybe 360 sales and "Kinect Avatars" at this point.

Elios83

I'm not expecting big things. Microsoft will be about Windows Phones and Kinect, maybe some hints to Windows 8?
Sony will be a about big 3D TVs, the Xperia Play phone might be finally announced. PSP2 will probably get its own SCE conference next month after all the 3DS launch details are set and the japanese launch is close.
Everyone will find a way to brag about their holyday sales.

slider

yurinka said:
There is at least a picture with a Kinect banner and an avatar dancing or whatever and people are speculating about this.
In addition to this, Major Nelson hinted in the link I provided they are going to announce something.

Ahh, I knew there was a reason I expected Kinect stuff. Must've seen a thread on it or something.

Cheers.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Next week is a week to keep an eye on because of what Major said in his latest podcast. Xbox's presence at CES has always been small (last year was the announcement of Game Room, 2009's was small talk about Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST, Forza 1 was announced at CES a few years ago as was the original Xbox).

yurinka

Elios83 said:
I'm not expecting big things. Microsoft will be about Windows Phones and Kinect, maybe some hints to Windows 8?
Sony will be a about big 3D TVs, the Xperia Play phone might be finally announced. PSP2 will probably get its own SCE conference next month after all the 3DS launch details are set and the japanese launch is close.
Everyone will find a way to brag about their holyday sales.
As I remember they mentioned Xperia Play was going to be announced in Barcelona's Mobile Phone Congress.

FrankT

Domino Theory said:
Next week is a week to keep an eye on because of what Major said in his latest podcast.

What exactly did he say? I know there was supposed to be some gaming event this week at CES(mentioned here on GAF), but pretty sure that is just a journo thing....nothing big.

Averon

The only thing gaming related these conference will have will be Kinect related and possibly touting holiday sales.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Jtyettis said:
What exactly did he say? I know there was supposed to be some gaming event this week at CES(mentioned here on GAF), but pretty sure that is just a journo thing....nothing big.

Major: "The following week (the week after CES), I'm going to New York for a press event for a game coming up that I can't talk about yet."

e: "Ohh right, a really good game."

Major: "a really, REALLY good game that I can't talk about yet."

FrankT

Domino Theory said:
Major: "The following week (the week after CES), I'm going to New York for a press event for a game coming up that I can't talk about yet."

e: "Ohh right, a really good game."

Major: "a really, REALLY good game that I can't talk about yet."

Interesting. Wonder if that's first party/second party stuff. CliffyB thing maybe? New York always makes me think Rockstar. GTV incoming? Heh. Would start the year off right.

There is supposed to be another reveal in GI this month could be related or not. Though some folks will almost certainly have that by end week.

yurinka

Just updated the OP with a couple of CES "Avatar Kinect" leaked pictures.

C'mon guys, as I remember at least last year Sony showed 3D gaming in PS3 with playable 3D versions of Gran Turismo 5 and Super Stardust HD, and MS announced Game Room. I think it's pretty sure they both are going to announce something game related.

yurinka

vectorman06 said:
What time does the sony keynote start in pst?
If PST is Las Vegas time, judging by the MS conf. world clock, I would say the Sony conf. will be tomorrow at 17:00.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
yurinka said:
Just updated the OP with a couple of CES "Avatar Kinect" leaked pictures.

the second picture is just from the ESPN app that was in the previous xblox live update. might want to edit that out.

yurinka

op_ivy said:
the second picture is just from the ESPN app that was in the previous xblox live update. might want to edit that out.
done. Just linked the 2 images available. Noticed the first one was Avatar Kinect, but didn't checked what did have exactly the second one.

Edit:

- 3D Sports Illustrated for PS3:
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...er-3D-Sports-Illustrated-Swimsuit-Models.html

- Sony announces glasses-free 3D Bravia TV:
http://cnettv.cnet.com/sony-glasses-free-3d-lcd-display/9742-1_53-50098252.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Dabanton said:
Hopefully this is as entertaining as the Sony conference. :lol
I'm sure GAF will make it entertaining.

I have two windows open. one live feed from CES, the other GAF. waiting for somebody to start a thread.

Phenomic

SOLDIER said:
Wait, how many hours from now is the Sony conference? Do you have the time in EST?

Sony's just ended. They didn't announce anything much related to gaming much like years past so it wasn't a huge shock. MS usually has a few things up there sleeve even if it's not the most mind blowing stuff.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Captain Tuttle said:
goddamn Silverlight is a pain in the ass. I always have to re install it. Good thing I can use media player

everytime i try to go to fullscreen, it crashes :lol

besiktas1

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes saying ayo, Galileo

I throw my dildo in the air sometimes singing ayo i’m a lessoooo

Top Bottom