• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

bachikarn

The USC offense got better this year after he was fired.

It didn't really. I remember analyzing it because there were rumors we were going to hire Helton, and there was barely any change. They just won more games so people naturally think that must mean all facets of the game improved.

cdyhybrid

Cg0Kcm9.png

And we're off! Welcome to the 2014 Fulmer Cup!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
lol

SI.com puts up 2014 Top 25 rankings:

1 Florida State Seminoles
2 Alabama Crimson Tide
3 Oregon Ducks
4 Ohio State Buckeyes
5 Oklahoma Sooners
6 Auburn Tigers
7 Stanford Cardinal
8 Michigan State Spartans
9 UCLA Bruins
10 LSU Tigers
11 Wisconsin Badgers
12 South Carolina Gamecocks
13 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
14 Georgia Bulldogs
15 Baylor Bears
16 Clemson Tigers
17 Missouri Tigers
18 USC Trojans
19 Ole Miss Rebels
20 Texas Longhorns
21 Arizona State Sun Devils
22 Texas A&M Aggies
23 Oklahoma State Cowboys
24 Duke Blue Devils
25 Utah State Aggies

I don't know if Duke will be a top 25 team next season, but its as good a chance as any since we return pretty much the whole team, especially the skill positions.

He's probably not going to be the guy, which would alleviate most of the complaints you Louisville guys had with regards to Charlie Strong's offense.

edit: well actually looks like its down to him or Tom Herman

Herman wont leave for another OC position, he'll be a headcoach after next season somewhere.

Does anyone know of where I could get an HD copy of this years BCS Championship game? I've been looking all around online and haven't found anything yet.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Texas going with Alabama's DLine coach again. Rumph to Texas.

Maybe next guy will get the players to improve, because the DLine has been lackluster the last couple years.

though....now that DLine is open....

Coach O.....

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Texas going with Alabama's DLine coach again. Rumph to Texas.

Maybe next guy will get the players to improve, because the DLine has been lackluster the last couple years.

though....now that DLine is open....

Coach O.....
Jesus. Saban told everyone to get the fuck out, didn't he?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Texas has stolen away Okie States O-line coach. Very good hire.

Sounds like we have an OC lined up but have not named them.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I'm hearing that the OC is Lincoln Riley from ECU, which IMO would also be a pretty good hire.

Graduated from Tech and spent his first few coaching years in Lubbock, and was our interim OC during the bowl game in 2009 after Leach left. Also after Leach left, a lot of people wanted to promote him from WR coach to OC when Tuberville came to town; Tuberville ended up hiring Neal Brown, Riley followed Ruffin McNeil to ECU, and IIRC at the time Riley and Brown were the two youngest OCs in college football (or something like that; maybe just FBS, maybe just BCS conferences).

If our new head coach wasn't Kliff Kingsbury (as he makes the OC position somewhat ceremonial) I'm sure Riley would have gotten a lot of run this past season to be our OC when we were switching staffs.

KingGondo

Banned

Yeah, Wickline was a huge loss for us and a huge gain for you.

He did great things with sometimes mediocre talent, and he's known for teaching versatility on the line (i.e. almost every O-lineman can play any position).

The rumor is they're dropping $1 million/year for him. Honestly, he's worth it. Hopefully we can get someone good to replace him.

mre said:
Dammit, Luke Del Rio may be transferring.
Come home, Luke. Gundy is a forgiving man.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, Wickline was a huge loss for us and a huge gain for you.

He did great things with sometimes mediocre talent, and he's known for teaching versatility on the line (i.e. almost every O-lineman can play any position).

The rumor is they're dropping $1 million/year for him. Honestly, he's worth it. Hopefully we can get someone good to replace him.

Come home, Luke. Gundy is a forgiving man.

Rumor is that it's Oregon State.

So, it's still an OSU.

Top Bottom