• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChileGAF |OT| CTM weon que pulento el thread!

I'm from Santiago too, a meet up would be great!

Bring your portables so we play something drunk :)

EDIT: Maybe we could change the OT to |OT| Condorito y Weas

Robaperas

I like the OT name better now, qls.

I live in San Bernardo so... I'll end up mugging you all.

Algo para el pan? Dulce de membrillo, Queso derretido con merken, marraqueta con tomate+mayo+orégano, pan tostado con aceite de oliva+sal+orégano o merken, o the good ol' palta.

Goli

My centralised mind assumed everyone lived in Santiago #firstworldprob... err, #chileproblems

I'm kinda shy I guess but I'd love to meet the Chilean gaffers lol. I live in Santiago (Providencia) and am working near El Golf so, Tobalaba is good for me in case a meet-up does happen.

FuuRe

My centralised mind assumed everyone lived in Santiago #firstworldprob... err, #chileproblems

I'm kinda shy I guess but I'd love to meet the Chilean gaffers lol. I live in Santiago (Providencia) and am working near El Golf so, Tobalaba is good for me in case a meet-up does happen.

I work at metro El Golf too!

Me gustó !!

Im going to the supermarket today, recommend me things to echarle al pan please?
Jumbo/Lider.

The good ol' Tomate con huevo revuelto. I like it cold better, but warm with oregano is tasty too.

Or Paltas. You never go wrong with Paltas.

Due to popular demand i asked a mod for a change of the thread name

Wena wn!

Tobalaba is good. It's not near my house nor where I work, but eh. Santiago is like that.

Or maybe Insert Coin bar, but that thing is always full.

Basslover

Hi ChileGAF,

I'm Dominican but lived in the states for a bit and now I'm in the land of the frei.

I also live in Santiago. Pretty cool country so far I like it quite a bit.

Btw Camaron-Queso empanadas is where is at.

Goli

Hi ChileGAF,

I'm Dominican but lived in the states for a bit and now I'm in the land of the frei.

I also live in Santiago. Pretty cool country so far I like it quite a bit.

Btw Camaron-Queso empanadas is where is at.

Be careful when eating those, personally I hate when they don't take out the poop from the shrimps.

Also, I've never gone to Insert Coin, or any gaming event/place really, what are they like? My nerdiest gamiest experience so far has been going to Distant Worlds when they came here. I saw people crying when the FF theme came on. And a guy dressed up as a chocobo.

Javier

I live in Angol during the week since I work in Nacimiento, and I go to Concepción for the weekends. I go to Santiago once every year for Festigame.

I like the OT name better now, qls.

I live in San Bernardo so... I'll end up mugging you all.

Algo para el pan? Dulce de membrillo, Queso derretido con merken, marraqueta con tomate+mayo+orégano, pan tostado con aceite de oliva+sal+orégano o merken, o the good ol' palta.

Oh the memories... so good.

Be careful when eating those, personally I hate when they don't take out the poop from the shrimps.

Also, I've never gone to Insert Coin, or any gaming event/place really, what are they like? My nerdiest gamiest experience so far has been going to Distant Worlds when they came here. I saw people crying when the FF theme came on. And a guy dressed up as a chocobo.
Damn I always wanted to go to Insert Coin. I lived by it for a while but never went.

I'm in La Serena now. Doing a bit of a travelling/working trip around Chile before I go back to Santiago. La Serena is super chill and beautiful. Very nice. Nice break from the smell and grunge of Valpo. Going to Valle de Elqui tomorrow.

Ostinatto

Going to Valle de Elqui tomorrow.

VALLE DEL ELQUI?

OK listen to me. This is a serious topic.

There is a place there called LOS NICHOS.

IMG_8728.JPG

they make an special type of wine made of a special type of grapes, the grapes are so unique that they only have those for 1 week a year to harvest, so they can only make 1500 bottles aprox. of that wine per year.

it's the most delicious wine you can find on this country and if you buy it right there, it will only cost $3500 pesos per bottle.

Please don't waste the oportunity to taste that delicious Nectar of the Gods.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Ahora que cambiaron el titulo me siento mas comodo pa postear
ctm

Saludos a todos desde Canada, llevo aca 7 años pero visito familia y amigos lo mas seguio que puedo. :D

FuuRe

Do we really still say "Pulento"?

Or did you guys drop your id card?

Took 15 or so posts to get shit on the new title.

I sometimes add pulento to my phrases to spice things up, 80's style

And say thanks I didn't add mortal or chacal to the title lol

Took 15 or so posts to get shit on the new title.

I sometimes add pulento to my phrases to spice things up, 80's style

And say thanks I didn't add mortal or chacal to the title lol

Damn, i used to say chacal a lot when i was younger. Wtf...

Boney

Banned

Drinks being themed are cool and there's a Third Strike arcade and a few pinball machines. The bar is stuctured around waiting for a console you request to open up and you move to a couch with your drinks and stuff and choose what to play. It's not terribly expensive compared to other pubs but the place is really crowded and the gaming experience is never the best obviously due to being too many people per console usually. But it's fun for what it is and the fries are godly.

I also had a friend who's car got jacked park nearby, un Pan de molde.

VALLE DEL ELQUI?

OK listen to me. This is a serious topic.

There is a place there called LOS NICHOS.

IMG_8728.JPG

they make an special type of wine made of a special type of grapes, the grapes are so unique that they only have those for 1 week a year to harvest, so they can only make 1500 bottles aprox. of that wine per year.

it's the most delicious wine you can find on this country and if you buy it right there, it will only cost $3500 pesos per bottle.

Please don't waste the oportunity to taste that delicious Nectar of the Gods.
Only $3500 for 1500 bottles made a year? Sounds too good to be true. But I ended up not going today so now I will add this to my trip Monday.

I've lived here two years and don't think I've heard the word pulento being used.

Chileans have so many fucking words that are just made up that even other Chileans don't know a lot of the words that exist here.

I found the book "how to survive in the Chilean jungle" at a hostal the other day and it was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at some of the shit in there.

Sadly my Chilean Spanish will never fucking serve me in any other Spanish speaking country in the world. My Spanish is so damn Chilean. I look Latin (Italian) so no one ever pays me notice in the streets, when I first got here once I spoke they knew I was foreign, but now even Colombians and Argentinians when I speak they think I'm from Chile.

I use weon, po every 3rd word. I hate it. I actually think its a bit ugly using weon and culiao every 3rd word in a sentence, but I've become THAT person now. You jerks.

I found the book "how to survive in the Chilean jungle" at a hostal the other day and it was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at some of the shit in there.

Sadly my Chilean Spanish will never fucking serve me in any other Spanish speaking .

My dad gave me the second edition of that book. it is hilarious! I live in Seattle and was at a mountain biking trail and heard two guys speaking Spanish and instantly knew they were Chilean just by their slang. The guy was looking to his friend bike and said " que hueveada es eso?"

Altazor

Colosal amiguito, macanudo!

Yo cumplí 30 años hace poco y ya me siento anciano.

yo cumplí 27 en diciembre y siento que la brecha generacional entre yo y los que recién cumplieron 20 es mucho mayor que la existente entre yo y quienes tienen 35. A ese nivel. De verdad como que muchas cosas populares con los pendejos no las entiendo en absoluto.

Oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

Ostinatto

Yo tengo 33 y la que nunca entendí fue "cuático", no se donde salió y no se que significa realmente, raro quizas?

Parece que se introdujo cuando me fui a vivir fuera del pais, y cuando regresé todos decian eso constantemente junto con el "dar jugo".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Goli

I've always lived here but I'm not really a slang person, I do say things like "estai'" or "vivi'" instead of vives for example, but not many 'garabatos' (hate that word). More than once I've gotten mistaken as a foreigner for not talking with as many slang as others.

I like our slang and weird words. It's pretty much the only identity we have left after our fast adoption of foreign stuff.

I feel that other LatAm countries protect their identities much better than us. I'll use po, pulento, weon, and specially puta la wea until death.

Yo tengo 33 y la que nunca entendí fue "cuático", no se donde salió y no se que significa realmente, raro quizas?

Depende del contexto, pero en general yo entiendo el "cuático" como sinónimo de "brígido", algo peliagudo, una situación complicada, por ejemplo. Si se usa para referirse a una persona, como "esta mina es cuática" generalmente quiere decir que la mina es complicada, que arma escándalo por cualquier cosa, etc.

Al menos en Antofagasta es así, y menciono esto porque al parecer hay ciertos modismos que tienen significados levemente distintos según la geografía. Todavía recuerdo cuando en mi familia nos mudamos de Arica a Valparaíso. En Arica, "talla" significa "chiste", "broma", pero también se le decía así a las paletas de agua (helado). Así que ya se imaginarán la cara de WTF con la que me miraron los cabros en Valpo cuando les dije que fuéramos a comprar tallas jaaajajaajaj.

I've always lived here but I'm not really a slang person, I do say things like "estai'" or "vivi'" instead of vives for example, but not many 'garabatos' (hate that word). More than once I've gotten mistaken as a foreigner for not talking with as many slang as others.

Raro tu caso, el slang se tiende a pegar casi por "osmosis", igual que las chuchadas :D

I like our slang and weird words. It's pretty much the only identity we have left after our fast adoption of foreign stuff.

I feel that other LatAm countries protect their identities much better than us. I'll use po, pulento, weon, and specially puta la wea until death.

Me too, me too.

Altazor

Depende del contexto, pero en general yo entiendo el "cuático" como sinónimo de "brígido", algo peliagudo, una situación complicada, por ejemplo. Si se usa para referirse a una persona, como "esta mina es cuática" generalmente quiere decir que la mina es complicada, que arma escándalo por cualquier cosa, etc.

Al menos en Antofagasta es así, y menciono esto porque al parecer hay ciertos modismos que tienen significados levemente distintos según la geografía. Todavía recuerdo cuando en mi familia nos mudamos de Arica a Valparaíso. En Arica, "talla" significa "chiste", "broma", pero también se le decía así a las paletas de agua (helado). Así que ya se imaginarán la cara de WTF con la que me miraron los cabros en Valpo cuando les dije que fuéramos a comprar tallas jaaajajaajaj.

habiendo nacido en Chuquicamata y vivido en Calama hasta los 18 (y ahora viviendo en Santiago), he estado en ambos lados de la batalla entre Pan Batido vs Marraqueta, Gelatina vs Jalea, Típex vs Corrector, Cortacartón/Cartonero vs Tiptop (?!??!?!?!?!), etc.

Quien usa Tiptop wn?

A todo esto, no se supone que tenemos que hablar en inglés wn ? Maybe they'll shut down our pulento thread if we don't

habiendo nacido en Chuquicamata y vivido en Calama hasta los 18 (y ahora viviendo en Santiago), he estado en ambos lados de la batalla entre Pan Batido vs Marraqueta, Gelatina vs Jalea, Típex vs Corrector, Cortacartón/Cartonero vs Tiptop (?!??!?!?!?!), etc.

I can't accept you're not the real gary medel commenting on Gaf. It'd be amazing.

It's mandatory? I didn't know -_-

EDIT: First time I read about "tiptop" guat de gel!!!

It's in the rules I think, it says something like since we are an international forum, English is mandatory as the common language
wolbachia and stuff

To me Tiptop is the cookie brand. The tasty, tasty cookie brand.

Top Bottom