• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
dJh9EVY.jpg

Wu Tang

Chris R

Wow, really great groups there. If flying was cheap I'd totally be there! Modest Mouse + Grizzly Bear + Tame Impala? Score!

Youtube will be streaming this again right?

Kinda disappointed to be honest... Had my hopes up too much for Daft Punk. Great to see The Postal Service back together though.

Chichikov

Weakest lineup in a while.
Still enough good stuff that there to justify the tickets I already bought (like I give a shit, Coachella is great even with average music).

Are Jurassic 5 in full force?

The few bands I would want to see I could see at smaller venues without being surrounded by 80,000 jackasses. Nothing on that lineup gives me that "oh my god I have to go" feeling.

Saturday is better than the other two days combined in my opinion.

Sai-kun

Banned
CRYING @ this list omg. 2013 owns.

my tentative list of folks i absolutely need to see:

friday
yeah yeah yeahs
jurassic 5
bassnectar
how to destroy angels
passion pit
tegan and sara
metric
infected mushroom
modestep
dillon francis
TNGHT
jake bugg
polica
purity ring
jamie xx

saturday
phoenix
the xx
hot chip
knife party
benny benassi
two door cinema club
moby
yeasayer
simian mobile disco
bat for lashes
major lazer
janelle monae
bingo players
kill the noise
birdy nam nam

sunday
pretty lights
la roux
james blake
excision
grimes
hardwell
paul oakenfold
alex clare
jessie ware
parov stelar
mimosa

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Looks like a hella good lineup, much better than this year's SXSW.

Modest Mouse
Passion Pit
Metric
Of Monsters and Men
Phoenix
The XX
Two Door Cinema Club
Descendents
Franz Ferdinand
Dropkick Murphys
Social Distortion
The Lumineers
The Gaslight Anthem

Zebra

Are they recording new stuff?

Apparently not.
They're just rereleasing their old album.

Which sucks because the work they did together was far better than anything they did separately. New stuff would be interesting.
But my tastes have changed since Give Up, so I can't say I care too much about getting new stuff at this point.

Talon

Apparently not.
They're just rereleasing their old album.

Which sucks because the work they did together was far better than anything they did separately. New stuff would be interesting.
But my tastes have changed since Give Up, so I can't say I care too much about getting new stuff at this point.
Yeah, I think Give Up's a very child of the late 90s sort of album.

Gibbard puts on a good live show, though. Didn't like the last Death Cab album, but we went to a Narrow Stairs concert in college. Sounded great.

Not as good as I expected after all that hype surrounding it.

Rolling Stones and Postal Service?

Still going to be a hell of a show though.

EDIT: Oh Postal Service is there

Artemisia

Banned
Will watch for:

Passion Pit
Janelle Monae
La Roux
Jessie Ware
Grimes

I hope this confirms new material before April for Janelle and La Roux.

neptunes

The Postal Service still makes music?

When is Phoenix's new album supposed to drop? are they really that good to headline a Saturday night? like really?

All I know is one time at Bonnaroo I was really drunk (and other things too) and I tried to get to the Kid Cudi concert and ended up at a Bassnecter show.

I had a feeling the Red Hot Chili Peppers were coming this year and I'm glad that they are. I want to see them again, especially since they'll be in my own backyard. Will try to shoot for second weekend. :D

Meier

Stone Roses and Blur is reason enough for me to go. Would they play opposite one another though? That'd be insane and dumb..

Overlee

Stone Roses and Blur is reason enough for me to go. Would they play opposite one another though? That'd be insane and dumb..

A few years back The Strokes were co-headlining with Kanye on Sunday and they played on the same stage right before Yeezy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom