• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Hell yeah, the party continues!

1243936432_ottero6zda.gif

Gorillaz

Fuck, I was in the middle of watching the Eric Prydz set from last night and the browser refreshed and the stream was gone.

Fuck. All that content gone forever.
Will they at least upload this stuff? Some of these performances were absolutely amazing.

:(

give it a day or 2 and it will be uploaded by someone. So far I kno Postal Service has there entire sey up on youtube now.

Speaking of Postal Service is there a chance of an encore from them in weekend 2?

McNei1y

I didn't watch RHCP but based off of your reactions, I'm losing hype to see them at Firefly this year. They're closing the weekend out there too.

I'm glad I can watch Coachella Weekend 2 next week. I totally forgot they had live stream going so I missed a lot of bands I wanted to check out.

Linius

I've seen RHCP live two times and they sucked both times. They're very hit and miss when it comes to gigs, I was unlucky I guess. Though the second time the sound guy messed it up too. Guitars went off and stuff, it was horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qbu5LyCQmk&feature=youtu.be

Here's the entire Vampire Weekend set in good quality btw, so you don't have to depend on Coachella's channel.

edit

well fuck, was so hyped about DIIV after the webstream and just a moment a go they canceled their European tour :(

Aegus

Just had the worst trip ever getting to Palm Springs. Currently waiting at the airport for another 6hrs for my luggage to arrive from Dallas

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
They do an early sale type thing for 2014 tickets right? Anyone know when that usually is?

They do an early sale type thing for 2014 tickets right? Anyone know when that usually is?

Sometime in the summer I believe. I have always taken the gamble and bought tickets when they were officially released. But pre-sale is the way to go now as Coachella seems to sell out within an hour or two.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

I did pre-sale the last 3 years and I'll do it again this year. It's nice come January when everyone's scrambling to the roll the dice on regular sale day.

As good a reason as any to visit LA.

Sai-kun

Banned
Today was AWESOME. Beardyman, Dillon Francis, Passion Pit, Pete Tong, Dog Blood, TNGHT, Purity Ring, Jurassic 5, and How to destroy angels. A-ma-zing. My legs are sore as hell but I am so ready for tomorrow.

Sai-kun

Banned
Day 2 was even better. major Lazer, Janelle Monae, and Bingo Players were my highlights. janelle absolutely killed it, and also wins the award for best hair ever.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What time zone is this? Trying to work out for a later set

Also where can I actually watch the live stream(s)?

Had a fantastic time during weekend two. Laying over at a friends before heading home to San Diego. If you're on the fence about 2014, do it!

Saturday was insane. Major Lazer, Simian Mobile Disco, Bat for Lashes, The XX, and Grizzly Bear were all lights out. Wish I caught the full Grizzly Bear set instead of splitting time between it and Hot Chip, actually, but it's not like Hot Chip was bad.

James Blake and Disclosure killed on Sunday. Beach House and Purity Ring on Friday were similarly awesome. Those were all of my A+ highlights. Saturday was just a murderer's row.

Wish I spent more time in the Yuma tent. Was really nice. Couldn't get in during Four Tet or Jamie XX, and Maya Jane Coles was during James Blake. Just popped in here and there in between sets and eating.

Also, since there wasn't a stream I'm not sure if this was discussed, but 4/20 was crazy. 2 Chainz passed around a giant joint, Major Lazer hot boxed our tent with a smoke machine, and Action Bronson threw out vials of weed in a trash bag.

If anyone in So. Cal GAF is planning on going to FYF later this year, hit me up!

Aegus

My weekend was pretty much perfect too.

Since I was travelling solo I was kinda concerned about meeting folk, but within 5 minutes of getting to my tent spot I had fallen in with a group of Mexicans and an American. One of whom was this awesome girl and we basically became a couple for the weekend. (and possibly an extreme long distance relationship)

Music highlights for me were Beach House, Sigur Ros, Cafe Tacvba (Mexican band), XX and Blur.

With Beach House I realised that they don't have a single dud in their set list for me. I saw them last year with the same list I think, but when I could recite every song they did it kinda hit me.

Caoz

My weekend was pretty much perfect too.

Since I was travelling solo I was kinda concerned about meeting folk, but within 5 minutes of getting to my tent spot I had fallen in with a group of Mexicans and an American. One of whom was this awesome girl and we basically became a couple for the weekend. (and possibly an extreme long distance relationship)

Music highlights for me were Beach House, Sigur Ros, Cafe Tacvba (Mexican band), XX and Blur.

With Beach House I realised that they don't have a single dud in their set list for me. I saw them last year with the same list I think, but when I could recite every song they did it kinda hit me.

Cafe Tacuba is always fun live. I am actually looking forward to seeing them live soon. I need to get my Ingrata dancing on.

jon bones

coachella 2014 weekend 1 GA pre-sale tickets bought for me and like half a dozen friends...

headliners:
DAFT PUNK
KANYE WEST
OUTKAST

Sai-kun

Banned
omfg

joining forces with fellow GAFfer thezerofire for the third year, and adding another GAFfer, heckfu, to our ranks.

2014 is gonna fucking own.

Survived my first heart-attack for 2013. Got my weekend 1 2014 pre-sale tickets after 30 minutes on stand-by.

7 years running. LET'S DO THIS.

coachella 2014 weekend 1 GA pre-sale tickets bought for me and like half a dozen friends...

headliners:
DAFT PUNK
KANYE WEST
OUTKAST

i'm pretty sure NIN is a given headliner.

also picked up my weekend 1 passes, after being kicked out once. nice blood-pressure spike to start the day.

I'm going to Weekend 1 as well. $435 total with car camping. I remember when I could spend $240 for the same shit, and that wasn't that long ago. All the bandwagon EDM kids had to go and push up demand. Still worth it though.

jon bones

I'm going to Weekend 1 as well. $435 total with car camping. I remember when I could spend $240 for the same shit, and that wasn't that long ago. All the bandwagon EDM kids had to go and push up demand. Still worth it though.

this year wasn't so bad for the EDM kids but when swedish house mafia was there it was like woooof. keep that at daisy carnival.

I wouldn't say it's just the EDM kids. Tickets sold out the fastest when it was Kanye headlining. Coachella has just gotten more mainstream

I wouldn't say it's just the EDM kids. Tickets sold out the fastest when it was Kanye headlining. Coachella has just gotten more mainstream

tickets have sold out faster every year. 2008 was the last time it didn't sell out, and since the clusterfuck overcrowding/fence-hopping of 2010, it's only gotten more frenzied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom