• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
I've never seen a full set by Vampire Weekend before so I hadn't noticed what an awesome dancer Chris Baio is. That guy's a hoot to watch.

Are you fucking kidding me?

It comes across as bad karaoke when they perform live. It was the same thing 15 years ago, and continues today. Sorry. It just seems like a dozen or people shouting into microphones to me. I love the albums but their live shows have always been a clusterfuck to me.

Chavelo

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but it appears that 15 or so random black people have stolen microphones are incoherently babbling into microphones on stage 1.

(Never understood the appeal of Wu live)

iTBDxYvHH1D86.gif

I want Neil Degrasse Tyson to come out all hyped and shit and do a song from gza's collab album lol.
Holy fuck at the mic volume, c'mon son.

PBY

Banned
It comes across as bad karaoke when they perform live. It was the same thing 15 years ago, and continues today. Sorry. It just seems like a dozen or people shouting into microphones to me. I love the albums but their live shows have always been a clusterfuck to me.
You should probably have chosen a less racist sounding way to get that across.

You should probably have chosen a less racist sounding way to get that across.

Sorry. I meant it as a joke. I love their records, but their shows always end up being a dozen or so people shouting into the microphones.

Honestly didn't mean it as a racist joke as much as a bunch of Wu members that nobody knows.

I apologize if it came across as racist. :(

Wu has sounded amazing live in the past, back when they actually had some chemistry. But this sounds like they didn't even do a soundcheck or rehearse

Archer

lovin the kung fu videos in the background. keep it goin

edit: anyone else's video keep freezing? gotta keep refreshing to get it running again...

Wu has sounded amazing live in the past, back when they actually had some chemistry. But this sounds like they didn't even do a soundcheck or rehearse

I saw them when ODB was still alive, and I recall there being even more people on stage. It turns into a singalong instead of just the people who rapped on the actual track having a chance to shine.

::switched over to the faint reunion::

Gambit61

Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann 12m

Watching the vaguely racist social media feed on the Coachella page as Wu-Tang's set runs long is deeeeepressing!

Damn, forgot that thing was there. Wish I saw it for a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom