• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Personaj

Neo Member
Uhh...

I mean does anyone have first hand experience with it and are the perks worth it? I'm not trying to get into the philosophy of it all just value for money. A lot of times people call something VIP just to lure suckers to pay more.

Won VIP tickets one year through Carpoolchella and I personally think it's not really worth it. It's just a closed off area with some shade, drinking areas, VIP restrooms, and that's about it from what I experienced.

Sobriquet

The Airborne Toxic Event was fantastic. I never really got into them, but I'm going to give them another chance now. Some friends toured with them last year, and now I'm kinda sorry I missed it.

kingocfs

New songs sounds awesome. Attack on memory was one of my favs last year. I can't wait for the new record to drop

Hopefully it'll drop this year.

Missed it, were they instrumentals? Saw that interview about the new record having less singing on it, kind of bummed.

Just seen the Postal Service set (only got to see last night Sillouettes). Oh how I would do very bad things to make sure a new Postal Service album came out.

Also, Jenny Lewis. Wowzers.

I have tix to see tame Impala in May, but yeah... they really aren't the most enthusiastic bunch on stage, there music is great but.. I donno. live shows meh...

James Blake was good

Sai-kun

Banned
Coachella is cool if you want to tragically limp around and get dehydrated fast and listen to garbage indie bands

you're the life of the party man :lol keep on hatin

Coachella owns (as do most festivals).

I didn't want to watch the stream, but I'm so excited for James Blake. Voyeur is my latest favorite jam.

GG-Duo

Cloud Nothings are KILLING it

fuck i missed them. i got into them 2 months ago with Attack On Memory and want to see them live.

Wasted Days is probably my favourite track in a long time. I loved how drawn-out it was, and when he starts screaming at the end it feels like the song earned the emotional intensity.

How long do the full day streams stay up for viewing? I am going to miss some stuff tonight and would like to watch it in the next couple of days if it's possible

Gorillaz

Just got in and missed the past 3-4 hours of the concert.

What were the best performances so far Gaf? I'm listening to SMD right now and they are pretty good

Helmholtz

Just got in and missed the past 3-4 hours of the concert.

What were the best performances so far Gaf? I'm listening to SMD right now and they are pretty good
James Blake was quite good if you're into his music. Played a bit from his EPs and both his LPs.

Stoze

Man, I love me some Tame Impala, but they fell a little flat. It was mainly because of the vocals, but some of the songs just felt a little too weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom