• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ |OT| Don't you know that I'm toxic?

Kirie

This game need a fandisc. With a Sholmes route.

EDIT: Just now realized one is happening. Hey, Aksys, got a new project for you...

I hope sales are good enough to bring it over ;_; I'll import it anyways, but really hope Aksys localizes it.

Teaser trailer if anyone wants to see it (no spoilers in it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Cq5zj5Wio

Yeah, that's what I pretty much liked about his route. With routes such as Impey's they pretty much throw it in your face, but with Van it's way more subtle. It's completely different than the others.

Also
Saint-Germain admitting to Cardia that he loved her threw me off. And that's mostly because I thought it happened way too soon.

I didn't mind the whole chasing thing, but that's mostly because
Van is supposed to be the hunter. He's pretty much devoted his life to it. And then you have Cardia just running after him and him half running away because he wants revenge, and half being torn about it because he loves her. I thought it made for a pretty nice 'twist'.

Yeah, I can totally understand that. I think they did a pretty good job representing each personalities when dealing with romance in that regard. Like with Impey and Lupin are more of the
"love at first sight" types, but while Impey is all up on her super early about it, Lupin takes a more relaxed approach, easing into it, which makes it way different.

I liked it personally in San's route, but I totally see why some don't. I guess I liked the reassurance it brought considering he was planning on killing her during that part, and knowing he wasn't intending it out of malice was something I really needed to know because I was kind of heartbroken at that point lol. Knowing that he loved her but still had to go through it just tugged at my heartstrings

That makes a lot of sense about Van though. Almost kind of a role reversal where Cardia has to be the one to hunt him down, lol

Saphirax

I hope sales are good enough to bring it over ;_; I'll import it anyways, but really hope Aksys localizes it.

Teaser trailer if anyone wants to see it (no spoilers in it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Cq5zj5Wio

Yeah, I can totally understand that. I think they did a pretty good job representing each personalities when dealing with romance in that regard. Like with Impey and Lupin are more of the
"love at first sight" types, but while Impey is all up on her super early about it, Lupin takes a more relaxed approach, easing into it, which makes it way different.

I liked it personally in San's route, but I totally see why some don't. I guess I liked the reassurance it brought considering he was planning on killing her during that part, and knowing he wasn't intending it out of malice was something I really needed to know because I was kind of heartbroken at that point lol. Knowing that he loved her but still had to go through it just tugged at my heartstrings

That makes a lot of sense about Van though. Almost kind of a role reversal where Cardia has to be the one to hunt him down, lol

I hope the fandisc ends up being lengthy and good.

I guess what soured the whole San event for me was the bad ending you could get quickly after where Cardia is trying to escape and he casually strolls behind her and kills her. I gathered from his words that he was 'forced' to kill her by someone else so that made the whole 'oh, not this shit again' a lot easier to stomach. But him being all 'I love you' and clearly hesitating to kill her and then suddenly just appearing behind her and killing her like it's nothing. I honestly think it was a terrible spot for a bad ending. I think I would've preferred it if he was a tad less upfront about saying he loved her. Like just saying she was different or even not saying anything.
Makes me glad Van waited until the very end to confess :p.

gaiages

Banned
Seriously! Still can't get his normal ending ;__;

It's so interesting how low Impey ranks in that Japanese poll in comparison to what I'm seeing on various forums and whatnot over here. It's probably another one of those differences between the eastern and western fanbases (though of course Lupin reigns all for both in popularity :p ) kind of like Kent/Toma discrepancy for Amnesia in that regard I think.

I didn't keep track of Amnesia stuff after release, could you explain that to me real quick? Because if the explanation isn't "Toma was rated dead last in every poll everywhere of all time", I will rage.

@ the possibly of the fandisc localization, I wouldn't be surprised if Aksys tried to do something similar than they did with Hakouki and localizing any game that might have the fandisc material. So hopefully the developers will make a 'complete' version of sorts for Aksys to localize! :D

(note, I have no clue how well any of the versions of Hakouki sold. I also might be misremembering something here.)

Judging by that trailer, there is a Sholmes route - and a Finis route.

...Finis? That's gonna be creepy as fuck.

Yeah, I'm hoping that'll be less of a love route and more of a "family bonding" route

Kirie

I hope the fandisc ends up being lengthy and good.

I guess what soured the whole San event for me was the bad ending you could get quickly after where Cardia is trying to escape and he casually strolls behind her and kills her. I gathered from his words that he was 'forced' to kill her by someone else so that made the whole 'oh, not this shit again' a lot easier to stomach. But him being all 'I love you' and clearly hesitating to kill her and then suddenly just appearing behind her and killing her like it's nothing. I honestly think it was a terrible spot for a bad ending. I think I would've preferred it if he was a tad less upfront about saying he loved her. Like just saying she was different or even not saying anything.
Makes me glad Van waited until the very end to confess :p.

Ahhhh I gotcha, that makes sense! I still liked it personally but I totally see where you're coming from on it!
With the whole "waiting for poison" thing in the mansion, I have a feeling he was trying to delay the inevitable and wanting her to try and escape, even though I don't think he actually thought she would be capable of it (when he shouts out in surprise after she unlocks the door and books it) and those bad endings where he kills her, I think at that point he really had no excuses left so he just had to do it. Guinevere and Omnibus were watching his every move at that point and were losing patience with him and would have taken care of it themselves and probably way more painfully :/ BUT I am hugely biased so this is just me probably seeing things in a better light lol

I didn't keep track of Amnesia stuff after release, could you explain that to me real quick? Because if the explanation isn't "Toma was rated dead last in every poll everywhere of all time", I will rage.

@ the possibly of the fandisc localization, I wouldn't be surprised if Aksys tried to do something similar than they did with Hakouki and localizing any game that might have the fandisc material. So hopefully the developers will make a 'complete' version of sorts for Aksys to localize! :D

(note, I have no clue how well any of the versions of Hakouki sold. I also might be misremembering something here.)

Yeah, I'm hoping that'll be less of a love route and more of a "family bonding" route

Toma was ranked number 1 in the popularity poll in Japan, and Kent was dead last for the main guys lol. It was completely reversed over here, with most people hating Toma and loving Kent. xD Was really interesting seeing how each region has its favorites.

I'm curious how the fandisc is going to fit into the story. Not sure if it'll be during the plot in the original game, or kind of a parallel story or what. Or maybe a retelling of it or something.

Yeah, super sad the route is Finis and not Delly. Japan why ;_; Super happy about Sholmes though at least!

Saphirax

Ahhhh I gotcha, that makes sense! I still liked it personally but I totally see where you're coming from on it!
With the whole "waiting for poison" thing in the mansion, I have a feeling he was trying to delay the inevitable and wanting her to try and escape, even though I don't think he actually thought she would be capable of it (when he shouts out in surprise after she unlocks the door and books it) and those bad endings where he kills her, I think at that point he really had no excuses left so he just had to do it. Guinevere and Omnibus were watching his every move at that point and were losing patience with him and would have taken care of it themselves and probably way more painfully :/ BUT I am hugely biased so this is just me probably seeing things in a better light lol

Toma was ranked number 1 in the popularity poll in Japan, and Kent was dead last for the main guys lol. It was completely reversed over here, with most people hating Toma and loving Kent. xD Was really interesting seeing how each region has its favorites.

I'm curious how the fandisc is going to fit into the story. Not sure if it'll be during the plot in the original game, or kind of a parallel story or what. Or maybe a retelling of it or something.

Yeah, super sad the route is Finis and not Delly. Japan why ;_; Super happy about Sholmes though at least!

The only problem with that is the bad ending where he walks down and kills her without hesitation and the event where he's surprised to see she managed to escape are two choices only a button press apart. If you choose to melt the lock, he kills Cardia. If you choose to pick the lock, he's surprised to see her. Personally, that was very weird to see and which is why I said that that particular bad ending didn't fit there. I do like San's route though, but that was the only bit that really stood out to me.

Also, speaking of Sholmes...Lupin's route was way longer than I expected it to be and I might have missed something obvious (by the time I was done with Lupin's route it was 1 AM :p), but
why the hell did he choose such a horrible anagram for his name? Sholmes, really? Like no one would notice. Not sure what he was trying to do there.

gaiages

Banned

What the everloving fuck Japan
I mean
Goddamn

I liked Shin the most :/ Kent was pretty cool tho, close second. I think I liked Kent more as a character, but Shin's actual story more

Okay, anyway, on topic again...

Also, speaking of Sholmes...Lupin's route was way longer than I expected it to be and I might have missed something obvious (by the time I was done with Lupin's route it was 1 AM :p), but
why the hell did he choose such a horrible anagram for his name? Sholmes, really? Like no one would notice. Not sure what he was trying to do there.

It's never explained really,
other than to hide his identity, which in a rather hilarious fashion worked. I mean Aleister even commented on how bad it was.
Honestly, the only thing I want explained regarding Lupin's end is
how did Cardia get her original hair color back D:<

About that particular bad end, I really wouldn't take any of it to heart. The bad ends are usually rather throwaway anyway, and a seemingly inconsequential decision will make a huge change.

Saphirax

I mean
Goddamn

I liked Shin the most :/ Kent was pretty cool tho, close second. I think I liked Kent more as a character, but Shin's actual story more

other than to hide his identity, which in a rather hilarious fashion worked. I mean Aleister even commented on how bad it was.

About that particular bad end, I really wouldn't take any of it to heart. The bad ends are usually rather throwaway anyway, and a seemingly inconsequential decision will make a huge change.

I kept wondering the same - how did her hair color change back?? Must've been magic :p.
And yeah, the whole Sholmes thing was a bit silly. I thought they couldn't use his name due to licensing issues or something, but I was wrong.

Kirie

I have that horrible "I've finished a game I really like and don't want to play anything else" feeling since I've finished the game :(

I mean
Goddamn

Yeah, I know lol. I liked Toma's route for the hilarious trainwreck of it all, but he was still absolutely dead last in my rankings.

1st: Toma (1558 votes)
2nd: Ikki (1018 votes)
3rd: Shin (829 votes)
4th: Ukyo (795 votes)
5th: Kent (507 votes)

Overwhelming majority too, heh

Curious, is anyone going to be picking up Norn9 as well when it comes out? I figure we'll see most of Neogaf's otoge regulars in there for sure, lol. We really need to make an otome games community OT!

Saphirax

I have that horrible "I've finished a game I really like and don't want to play anything else" feeling since I've finished the game :(

Yeah, I know lol. I liked Toma's route for the hilarious trainwreck of it all, but he was still absolutely dead last in my rankings.

Curious, is anyone going to be picking up Norn9 as well when it comes out? I figure we'll see most of Neogaf's otoge regulars in there for sure, lol. We really need to make an otome games community OT!

I have the same feeling. Thinking of just replaying some routes and trying different choices.

Aksys updated the Norn9 site. I checked the character bios and now I'm back on the fence :/. Especially after C:R which was so good...I just have this feeling I won't enjoy Norn9 at all.

Westraid

I played the PSP version and I liked it a lot, and to support the genre in the west I'll be getting it for sure.
The music in that game is absolutely beautiful as well.

Otoge OT would be nice. There's always games in development and releases every month so the subject has enough room for discussion.

Shizuka

I've mentioned I'll be making an otome OT for all of us to talk about these games, but that I wanted to wait a month or so after Norn9 so that game and Code Realize would have their chance in their own topics.

Kirie

I have the same feeling. Thinking of just replaying some routes and trying different choices.

Aksys updated the Norn9 site. I checked the character bios and now I'm back on the fence :/. Especially after C:R which was so good...I just have this feeling I won't enjoy Norn9 at all.

Maybe I'll do the same :(

Aw D: Well it is a good game imo, but I personally enjoyed C:R much better (though they are so wildly different it's hard to compare). Though I have to say the OST for Norn9 is probably the best I've played in an otoge, and all three heroines are voiced, which are a few things I feel that it does better than C:R at the very least.

I played the PSP version and I liked it a lot, and to support the genre in the west I'll be getting it for sure.
The music in that game is absolutely beautiful as well.

Otoge OT would be nice. There's always games in development and releases every month so the subject has enough room for discussion.

Yeah, I played it as well. That's my main thing is wanting to support the games coming out west too, so I'll probably pick it up as well. I didn't manage to play the fandisc, so I'm hoping if it does good Aksys will bring it on over! I heard it was pretty good.

Agreed so much! I love the music :)

I've mentioned I'll be making an otome OT for all of us to talk about these games, but that I wanted to wait a month or so after Norn9 so that game and Code Realize would have their chance in their own topics.

Ah! I didn't see that previously, sorry about that. Make sure to bump up your otoge threads whenever you do so we don't miss it :D

Curious, is anyone going to be picking up Norn9 as well when it comes out? I figure we'll see most of Neogaf's otoge regulars in there for sure, lol.
I'm buying it! I'm currently playing through Victor's route and after that I will only have Lupin's route left to do. Hopefully, I can finish C:R this week just in time for Norn9.

More Reviews

Hardcore Gamer- 4.5/5
Game Podunk- 8/10

Shizuka

While there is no embargo for Norn9, I was busy playing Corpse Party Blood Drive for review purposes. I know some of you guys are still playing Code Realize, but I just wanted to let you know that Norn9 really is more romance-oriented than Code Realize. They both excel in their own fields, like they'd be a perfect, flawless otome game if they merged into one. Maybe that's why Aksys decided to pick up these particular two titles.

Alright. Approaching the platinum (just the glossary left) and have some notes/help to leave for others;

• There are no choices in the prologue, so the best option for a start point is the first choice you make in chapter #1.
  • Once you've completed a route, you can use the path of genesis at the main menu to skip to where you need to be - starting anyone's end route by selecting Cardia's chapter eight and an available suitor.
  • Specific character chapters begin at Chapter 8/9 and go to Chapter 13.
  • The extra events count towards the character images you need for the trophies.
  • The glossary is greyed out on the main menu until you press triangle, go to glossary, and select a red item in-game. This will activate the option on the main menu.
  • Lupin and Saint-Germain seem to be the two people whose Chapter 1-8 glossary content you're going to miss even after getting all the other trophies (unless vigilant)

Also, here's the list of glossary items I've got so far (I've got to be missing just one or two);

A - http://s21.postimg.org/3mqk7v7l3/image.png
B-E - http://s21.postimg.org/oh2wpp1yf/B_E.png
F-H - http://s21.postimg.org/cdszoe1if/F_H.png
I-L - http://s21.postimg.org/ubmwjoffr/I_L.png
M-O - http://s21.postimg.org/jq317o947/M_O.png
P-R - http://s21.postimg.org/ng2o0kkyv/P_R.png
S-T - http://s21.postimg.org/s4invra5j/S_T.png
U-Z - http://s21.postimg.org/dzcuty147/U_Z.png

=====
=======
=====

Edit; Was missing River Thames and the card glossary item from Lupin, right in the first few chapters.

Platinum, baby.

CSSgH2iUYAAddxy.jpg:large

Kirie

I'm buying it! I'm currently playing through Victor's route and after that I will only have Lupin's route left to do. Hopefully, I can finish C:R this week just in time for Norn9.

More Reviews

Hardcore Gamer- 4.5/5
Game Podunk- 8/10

Nice! :) What characters do you like so far?

Seems to be reviewing a lot better than Amnesia did. I enjoyed Amnesia a lot too, but I definitely think this is the better game overall.

@teflontactics - Very helpful tips, thanks for writing those out! I actually looked at my game and found the entries you have missing (spoilered them in case you want to just do it yourself!)

Card Counting - Choosing Lupin during the gambling section where he plays black jack
River Thames - I don't really remember where this one is, but I think it might be the first time when Van teaches you (since if I remember correctly it's right next to the Thames) but I could be totally wrong on this.

If anyone else needs help with it I can cross check too to see what you're missing :D

EDIT: nevermind! You found them while I was typing up my reply xD Congrats!

gaiages

Banned

*le sigh*

I'm reviewing Norn9 as well (I think I'm the unofficial otome reviewer for RPGSite), but I haven't gotten too far yet. It's... interesting, I think.

Yay! My otome experience is limited, but it's always cool to have another place to talk about these :D

Wow, thanks a lot for all that info! Very helpful :D

Saphirax

Maybe I'll do the same :(

Aw D: Well it is a good game imo, but I personally enjoyed C:R much better (though they are so wildly different it's hard to compare). Though I have to say the OST for Norn9 is probably the best I've played in an otoge, and all three heroines are voiced, which are a few things I feel that it does better than C:R at the very least.

Yeah, I played it as well. That's my main thing is wanting to support the games coming out west too, so I'll probably pick it up as well. I didn't manage to play the fandisc, so I'm hoping if it does good Aksys will bring it on over! I heard it was pretty good.

Agreed so much! I love the music :)

Ah! I didn't see that previously, sorry about that. Make sure to bump up your otoge threads whenever you do so we don't miss it :D

I already enjoyed C:R's OST, so hearing that Norn9's is amazing is good news. I'm not overly fond of most characters though. That's what is making me hesitate.

Kirie

*le sigh*

I'm reviewing Norn9 as well (I think I'm the unofficial otome reviewer for RPGSite), but I haven't gotten too far yet. It's... interesting, I think.

Uh oh, I'm not sure if "interesting" is used in a good or bad way here, but I'm looking forward to your review in any case! :D

I predict that generally it's going to score a bit lower than C:R overall but a bit higher than Amnesia did.

I already enjoyed C:R's OST, so hearing that Norn9's is amazing is good news. I'm not overly fond of most characters though. That's what is making me hesitate.

Yeah I totally understand. It's hard to get into VN-type game especially where you're not really interested in the characters, that's for sure.

With the anime announced for C:R I'm hoping that it'll lead to greater sales for the series over here. Even though animes based on otoge are usually awful, I tend to watch them for the train wreck factor. Hoping C:R anime is decent at least! Not sure if they'll just go for main route, or end up having a few episodes devoted to each individual route (I prefer that personally)

gaiages

Banned
Uh oh, I'm not sure if "interesting" is used in a good or bad way here, but I'm looking forward to your review in any case! :D

I predict that generally it's going to score a bit lower than C:R overall but a bit higher than Amnesia did.

Haha, I meant interesting only in the sense that I haven't gotten far enough in to really say anything about it. Even a few more hours in, I can't make an opinion on it, positive or negative. I gotta say though, there's so many characters and so little time to make opinions of them before choosing what paths to go down it's a bit overwhelming. I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that the game recommends what paths to take first to "ensure full enjoyment of the story". I guess I'll find out what that means when I go down a non-recommended path :p And thanks for your kind words <3

Oh, and C:R's soundtrack is pretty great, and catchy enough. I've even caught my boyfriend humming along to a few of the tunes when they would pop up :p And I assume the anime would be Lupin's route, with the other characters fleshed out just a bit more.

Kirie

Haha, I meant interesting only in the sense that I haven't gotten far enough in to really say anything about it. Even a few more hours in, I can't make an opinion on it, positive or negative. I gotta say though, there's so many characters and so little time to make opinions of them before choosing what paths to go down it's a bit overwhelming. I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that the game recommends what paths to take first to "ensure full enjoyment of the story". I guess I'll find out what that means when I go down a non-recommended path :p And thanks for your kind words <3

Oh, and C:R's soundtrack is pretty great, and catchy enough. I've even caught my boyfriend humming along to a few of the tunes when they would pop up :p And I assume the anime would be Lupin's route, with the other characters fleshed out just a bit more.
Oh gotcha! :D Yeah that's totally understandable as there's a lot to digest when the game gets going, and they don't give you much time before having to choose your heroine+route for you to get to know anyone. Who are you going for first? Feel kind of bad talking about the game in C:R's OT (Sorry Shizuka! ;_;) since we still have a week until launch, whoops. > >;

That's adorable about your boyfriend humming to the C:R tunes! I put on my good pair of headphones while playing because my husband likes to blast his game music, so he didn't get to listen to it. He usually just ends up going ????? at the seiyuu and making fun of various noises anyways since he doesn't know a word of Japanese, hah.

Yeah that's probably exactly what they'll do, but I can't help being a tad disappointed that my favorites most likely won't get the limelight like Lupin gets :p

gaiages

Banned
Oh gotcha! :D Yeah that's totally understandable as there's a lot to digest when the game gets going, and they don't give you much time before having to choose your heroine+route for you to get to know anyone. Who are you going for first? Feel kind of bad talking about the game in C:R's OT (Sorry Shizuka! ;_;) since we still have a week until launch, whoops. > >;

That's adorable about your boyfriend humming to the C:R tunes! I put on my good pair of headphones while playing because my husband likes to blast his game music, so he didn't get to listen to it. He usually just ends up going ????? at the seiyuu and making fun of various noises anyways since he doesn't know a word of Japanese, hah.

Yeah that's probably exactly what they'll do, but I can't help being a tad disappointed that my favorites most likely won't get the limelight like Lupin gets :p

(Sorry Shizuka)

I picked Nanami as the first heroine to work through (she has purple hair), and picked the recommended path for her. I can't remember his name offhand... he has pink hair and so super bubbly (basically the polar opposite of the girl). I actually wanted to do Akito at first, because I wanted to know why he's such a huge asshole, but I assume the game was recommending paths for a reason, so we'll see lol. I'll probably go against the recommended path for the first time for one of the other girls and see if I'm missing something.

pariah164

Finished Lupin's route, but before I review it, I was hoping to plat the title. I'm missing the last image in the 'Others' part of the gallery. Anyone wanna give me some insight on how to get it?

Saphirax

Finished Lupin's route, but before I review it, I was hoping to plat the title. I'm missing the last image in the 'Others' part of the gallery. Anyone wanna give me some insight on how to get it?

That's basically a 'bonus' CG, I believe. I think you unlock it by getting all the endings?

Saphirax

Well, I got the good/true end for Lupin's route... Well, time to go and fiddle with choices. Thank God for the skip option.

Mine popped up when I went to check the Gallery but that was pretty much after I was done with the game (including bad endings + all glossary terms).

Kirie

(Sorry Shizuka)

I picked Nanami as the first heroine to work through (she has purple hair), and picked the recommended path for her. I can't remember his name offhand... he has pink hair and so super bubbly (basically the polar opposite of the girl). I actually wanted to do Akito at first, because I wanted to know why he's such a huge asshole, but I assume the game was recommending paths for a reason, so we'll see lol. I'll probably go against the recommended path for the first time for one of the other girls and see if I'm missing something.

Oh, Heisuke! Probably a good one to start out with honestly. I really like Nanami as a character. Funny enough I don't really like tsun characters much as an achetype, but somehow Akito ended up as my favorite for some reason. Go figure. I don't honestly remember much of the game (I have a pretty short memory lol) so I'm curious to see who I'll end up liking most on the replay of it :D (I added you on Twitter, hope you don't mind!)

I like Victor and Impey so far.
The last few chapters of Van Helsing and Saint-Germain's routes were a little too dramatic for my taste.

Completely understandable ^^ You'll probably enjoy Lupin's route quite a bit too then!

My copy arrived today, are there a lot of guys that play otome games?

I know some do, but I don't think it's a large majority or anything :) Though I think games that are less centered on romance like C:R and Hakuouki seem to do better in that regard.

@pariah164 - I did the same thing as Saphirax. I believe you just have to go into the event tab and look at the last CG before the blank one on the others tab to have it pop up.

pariah164

Here we go. BAM.

Trophy spoiler:
I had to play Lupin's Normal ending to snag the trophy.
Weird way to get it, but whatever. My fifth Plat ever~ Now, to transfer it to the PC so I can make room for Norn9 when it hits.

Onto the review. Feelings time:

All is wonderful.

Good Ending: All my yaaaaaass.
This was a good mix for me. Lupin provided the lightheartedness, and Cardia provided the drama-ness. Yes, Lupin had his own 'tragic past baaaw' but it was nowhere near the levels of most of the other characters. It was definitely a love at first sight deal, but this was the true route/end so I'm not really surprised by it. It didn't really annoy me that much, either. Finis is once again the top contender for World's Biggest Douchenozzle, but he was fucked up from the beginning, so again, no real surprise there. When the Nautilus blew up and it was revealed Cardia and Lupin had survived, I was just so happy. Props to Lupin for doing what none of the others dared and putting a goddamn ring on it. I was kind of sad to see Cardia's hair go back to brown; the silver was cool-looking. Also makes me laugh that the image used to promote the game was a massive spoiler that nobody realized until this route.
All in all, it was petty damned awesome. Loved it. If it was a book, it would go on my 'favorites' shelf.

Lupin is the epitome of a 'perfect' guy - suave, strong, intelligent, handsome... He nails all the handsome thief tropes on the head, which makes sense, as he is the ultimate one. He never wavered from Cardia's side, never tried to push her away, and overall, was the one true guy, in the end. He didn't have as much depth as some of the other guys, and that is why he is just shy of the top spot. I loved his route; it was the ultimate happy end, don't get me wrong. But just from the 'guys I would husband' perspective, he falls just shy of the best. Overall, 9/10.

Final ranking:

1. Saint-Germain
2. Lupin
3. Impey
4. Victor
5. Van Helsing

This game was awesome. I friggin love otome games.

Screencaps ahoy!

Cocky, a bit self-centered, and yet able to make me swoon in almost every scene. Goddamn.

And as always, your moment of fanservice (and a couple other extra scenario spoilers):

Comin' to steal your girl~

And that's all, folks! Now, I know I said I'd do a bad end roundup for this game, but... nope. I don't play games so I can be depressed. Maybe if I'm ever feeling melancholy, I'll give them a crack, but for now, the Code: Realize story is over.

I'll chill here for lovely discussions and stuff, but as for write-ups, see ya in the Norn9 thread.

gaiages

Banned
Oh, Heisuke! Probably a good one to start out with honestly. I really like Nanami as a character. Funny enough I don't really like tsun characters much as an achetype, but somehow Akito ended up as my favorite for some reason. Go figure. I don't honestly remember much of the game (I have a pretty short memory lol) so I'm curious to see who I'll end up liking most on the replay of it :D (I added you on Twitter, hope you don't mind!)

I complain A LOT, hope you don't mind ;D

I'll chill here for lovely discussions and stuff, but as for write-ups, see ya in the Norn9 thread.

Lupin's extra scene is downright adorable.

Cardia overreacting to something Victor said and her running around saying OMG LUPIN DON'T CATCH A COLD AND DIE was just too damn cute.

And I see you'll have a lot of writing to do for Norn9 :p

Kirie

I complain A LOT, hope you don't mind ;D
Oh no worries, I do that same thing xD Just went on a random Dialovers tangent myself a few minutes ago, hah

Guuuuuuys. Code:Realize wall calendar! So damn tempted ;_;

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1851286

There's a lot of cute merchandise for the game, but unfortunately the thing I wanted (chibi straps and I just found keychains too) are sold out. They have a bunch of iPhone cases still for sale though, lol.

Corpekata

Banned
Got assigned this to review. I'm nowhere near the target audience for this but liked it more than I expected, though I felt the initial route I ended up on felt kind of random.

pariah164

Lupin's extra scene is downright adorable.

Cardia overreacting to something Victor said and her running around saying OMG LUPIN DON'T CATCH A COLD AND DIE was just too damn cute.

And I see you'll have a lot of writing to do for Norn9 :p
Agreed. All of that extra scene was too cute.

I predict much hand cramp in my future, yes.

Saphirax

Lupin's route:

Some part of me expected his route to be even more dramatic than some others. Surprisingly, it was very light in that regard. I like to think of it as a 'feel good' route. It has enough of cutesy moments to offset the seriousness in other routes. It's also very long. Seeing how he's the true route, everything gets resolved...for everyone.

Everyone gets a happy ending. No need to feel down anymore!

I was hoping for more interactions between Sholmes and him though. They had a very interesting relationship. Seeing Lupin lose his cool never gets old.
I also finally figured out why Sholmes used such a ridiculous anagram for his name. It was a nod to the Lupin novels.

I may be alone in this, but I almost wish Lupin seriously failed in one regard or another. It'd make for an interesting story. It was heartwarming in a way seeing Lupin, who always got what he wanted, lose his cool when it came to rescuing Cardia. But, the tension there felt a bit flat. I always expected Lupin to come through with his words and save Cardia, so I wasn't worried.

As I mentioned before, if anyone feels down Lupin's route is the way to go. He's not up in your face about his feelings like Impey, but we're shown time and time again how much he cares for Cardia.
To be honest, that was the best part :p - the shock on his face and then Cardia going all 'I love EVERYONE'. The kiss CG on the plane still gives me all kinds of feels though. That one was perfect.

No, wait. I lied. I like this one just as much

Overall, while I did enjoy his route (aside from everything getting resolved too quickly in the end. But then again you pretty much have to finish all the other routes first so you should be familiar with everything), I found myself missing the serious, gut-wrenching moments from other routes.

------------
Now that I'm finished with the game, I'm honestly quite tempted to buy some of the novels. I only read 'Around the world in 80 days' and 'Dracula'. I've been wanting to read 'Frankenstein' for ages now, and I always hesitated on buying a complete Sherlock Holmes collection. I think it's time to fix that!

gaiages

Banned
------------
Now that I'm finished with the game, I'm honestly quite tempted to buy some of the novels. I only read 'Around the world in 80 days' and 'Dracula'. I've been wanting to read 'Frankenstein' for ages now, and I always hesitated on buying a complete Sherlock Holmes collection. I think it's time to fix that!

I'm kind of in the same boat, haha. I really want to read 'From the Earth to the Moon' now. And I will say, knowing the plot of the original Frankenstein pretty well really upped my enjoyment of certain parts of Franny's route, because they did make a few connections to the original story :3

Westraid

Go for it, they're good books.
I really enjoyed From the Earth to the Moon and the Arsène Lupin books are great too.
Just never really liked the cover much LOL. I read Frankenstein before, and encountering Fran in C:R was so odd. He was just so NICE. (I was always rooting for the creature in the book)

Saphirax

I'm kind of in the same boat, haha. I really want to read 'From the Earth to the Moon' now. And I will say, knowing the plot of the original Frankenstein pretty well really upped my enjoyment of certain parts of Franny's route, because they did make a few connections to the original story :3
Yeah, I was actually quite disappointed that I couldn't pick up on the little things because I haven't read the novels. I've been eyeing the B&N leatherbound classics (Jules Verne & Sherlock Holmes) for a whole day now. The temptation is too strong (plus they're so pretty!)

I got weirdly excited when I realized I haven't heard about count Saint-Germain and his novels. Decided to check them out and nope, not my thing at all, rofl.

I really enjoyed From the Earth to the Moon and the Arsène Lupin books are great too.
Just never really liked the cover much LOL. I read Frankenstein before, and encountering Fran in C:R was so odd. He was just so NICE. (I was always rooting for the creature in the book)

Oh, I've seen quite a few covers with the similar style. You could probably say that they are weirdly stylish :p. Unlike this one. I just hope the translation ends up being good.

Kirie

That cover.... lol.

I've really enjoyed some of the Sherlock Holmes short stories I've read in the past, but I've yet to actually read the novels, which I really should do eventually. I've read Dracula and Frankenstein but that was years ago, so it would be a perfect time to pick them back up I think. I remember really enjoying Dracula in particular. Thankfully the Kindle store has most of those classics for free!

I feel bad but I actually had no idea who Impey nor Saint-Germain were based off of until I looked them up prior to playing the game :/

So, I finished Lupin's route last night. My favorite routes are Victor's, Lupin's and Impey's.
Van Helsing's Route:
One of the problems I had with his route is that I felt like there was too much back and forth.
Ex.
Cardia: I want to stay by your side.
Van: I don't you want you too.
Cardia: I need you in my life
Van: I don't need you in mine.
tumblr_mdbd0qgdGa1rprcjx.gif

It was never-ending, Cardia was always getting rejected in this route. The other problem that I had was Aleister. I had really enjoyed their mentee and mentor relationship until I realized it was one big fat lie. I really thought there was going to be an interesting reason why he decided to destroy Van Helsing's life. There wasn't one to be found. He did everything because he wanted someone to understand his evil ways and he didn't want to be alone. Lmao! Wow, I had a good laugh after I heard this nonsense. Seriously, did this guy have nothing better to do?

Saint-Germain's Route:
I didn't like how after almost getting strangled to death, Cardia didn't seem to care about her own wellbeing. The rest of the guys were just looking at her in disbelief. Also, Cardia asked him why he was trying to kill her and he didn't answer the question.
The other thing I didn't like was Idea. Their entire organization seems to be founded on guilt and that's how they recruit their members by playing on their guilt. Their ideals are absolutely ridiculous. Omnibus had them killing people based on what could happen. I hope C:R gets a sequel and this organization gets taken down.

Queen Victoria:
She's just a terrible person and I know she had reasons to do what she did, but there had to be other ways to get the same result. In this case, the ends do not justify the means. Poor Delly. T-T

Screenshots Galore:

I really enjoyed this game and I'm glad that Aksys translated it. I loved the camaraderie between the guys and Cardia is an awesome protagonist. Also, this game had some surprisingly funny moments and I hope we get the Fandisc over here. :]

Top Bottom