• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Five: We got to see them BOTH lose!

Draconian

The funniest thing in that postgame interview was how fast Dabo defended the playcalling in the 3rd quarter. No clue what the point of that was.

thefro

Of course!

U3aKsQH.gif

xX4yISU.gif

IU athletics social media doing work making these.

jfkgoblue

Ok, it's that time! AP top ten predictions for tomorrow

1-Bama
2-Ohio State
3-Michigan
4-Clemson
5-Washington
6-Houston
7-A&M
8-Tennesee
9-Baylor
10-Miami

Houston's playoff hopes aren't dead.. They did take a little bit of a hit tonight.. But they can be saved still if a few things happen..

1)Clemson drops a game- considering how before tonight and even parts of tonight apparently.. Clemson has slept walk through their schedule and Watson isn't playing as well as he should for some reason.. The two teams that might be able to take them on the schedule are the Noles and Pitt I guess.. Not likely, but possible.. This also helps Louisville as well and leads to another resume making game for both teams.

2)Oklahoma winning the BIG XII..If Houston wants to have a foot to stand on, they really need this one. If Oklahoma wins the BIG XII which is looking like a strong possibility, then Houston will have some credibility..

3) They need Washington to lose one or two games preferably.

Assuming that
Bama
Ohio State/Michigan/Wisconsin (there is still hope for the Badgers if they beat Ohio State)
Clemson

That Fourth spot could probably come down to Houston (assuming they remain undefeated still) vs Washington and if Washington is undefeated, they will take the Huskies over them.. So Houston needs to become the biggest Buffalo/Ducks fans because they need the PAC to destroy itself like last year if they want to sneak in that last playoff spot.

Piano

Banned

1-Bama
2-Ohio State
3-Michigan
4-Clemson
5-Washington
6-Houston
7-A&M
8-Tennesee
9-Baylor
10-Miami

In what world would one rank Baylor and Miami ahead of Louisville? Baylor looked atrocious today and Miami has beaten nobody of consequence.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If Houston goes undefeated, they will probably get in over a 2+ loss conference champ. Definitely a possibility for the SEC, B12, and PAC. No way over an undefeated conference champ, and over a 1 loss conference champ will be hotly debated.

1-Bama
2-Ohio State
3-Michigan
4-Clemson
5-Washington
6-Houston
7-A&M
8-Tennesee
9-Baylor
10-Miami
Clemson will be 3 next week. Michigan was only 25 votes up on them and voters will give Clemson more respect for the win over 'Ville than the win over Wiscy and because it's Michigan. It's how it goes. No biggie. Not sure the Houston Buckeyes drop below UW. Should be close. 'Ville will still be top 10.

jfkgoblue

Clemson will be 3 next week. Michigan was only 25 votes up on them and voters will give Clemson more respect for the win over 'Ville than the win over Wiscy and because it's Michigan. It's how it goes. No biggie. Not sure the Houston Buckeyes drop below UW. Should be close. 'Ville will still be top 10.
Overall Michigan has looked better than Clemson, so I think they'll get the nod over Clemson

I think Louisville will be ranked 11

Overall Michigan has looked better than Clemson, so I think they'll get the nod over Clemson

I think Louisville will be ranked 11

Win over #3>win over #8 to the voters. Difference between the two was small and Clemson jumps them. 'Ville stays top 10. Some shit definitely went against them and the game was close enough to not punish them out of the top 10. They would roll Baylor or Miami.

In order for us to make playoffs we need to run the table, including Houston, and so m ebony (cal or utah) to beat Washington
Then I could see
Bama
Ohio St
Clemson
Louisville

If Washington goes undefeated we are out

jfkgoblue

In order for us to make playoffs we need to run the table, including Houston, and so m ebony (cal or utah) to beat Washington
Then I could see
Bama
Ohio St
Clemson
Louisville

If Washington goes undefeated we are out

ACC is not getting 2 teams in

also FSU win is losing its luster

They will get smoked by Ohio st, and I'd hardly consider a win over 8th ranked badger team any higher the louisville domination over Florida st, espec I ally once they drop another game
I would because FSU is garbage this year..

Assuming you beat Houston.. That becomes your marquee win and that won't help you get in over Michigan..

Michigan would still have wins over Iowa/Wisky (one of them probably wins the west) and a win over Colorado, the number two team in the PAC North. (What a time to be alive..)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Going to a game, being more or less in the fog of football war, and this is what it's like when I get home:
giphy.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Oh I accept that they will stay #1. They haven't done a single thing to deserve it except be preseason #1, but it is what it is.
My top 10 was based upon what we've seen from the team so far. We have not looked good. At all. The USC win has been devalued. The Mississippi win has been devalued. We've beaten nobody, and looked liked riders on the struggle bus in our other games.

El_Chino

Word on the street is CJ Worton was acting a fool tonight in downtown Gainesville. Accused of driving a scooter while intoxicated and crashing into cars.
GPD was called.

Source: a friend I still have in Gainesville who saw it go down.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

1-Bama
2-Ohio State
3-Michigan
4-Clemson
5-Washington
6-Houston
7-A&M
8-Tennesee
9-Baylor
10-Miami

1. Dinoflagellate algal bloom
  2. Stinky nuts
  3. Dabbers
  4. The Fighting Logans
  5. Much Doge
  6. Inapporpirate Fan Chants
  7. Smooth Bottom
  8. Fake Military Academy
  9. UUUUUge
  10. The Children of the Corn

Jamesways

So we agree Wisc getting the absolute shit kicked of them by Mich they should drop to about 73rd or so? Drinking with Gopher fans tonight, it's a crime to put wisc above #100th. And the Gophs should still finish 11-1.

The tyranny of the shitty badgers is over!

I bought them all beers. They don't remember what we were talking about. Octoberfest, whooooo!

Top Bottom