• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Five: We got to see them BOTH lose!

clav

Wow at Indiana. Former Northwestern WR coach doing work.

Guess that makes an upset less likely in the future.

Dtb3JOE.jpg

Kevtones

I'm trying to do the mental gymnastics to get Oregon back in the playoff hunt.

Really though, I've been unsold on this coaching crew since day 1. Hoping for them to unleash their metric fuck at Washington next week to at least carry some form of consistency even if it means a 3-9 season. If we don't beat Washington I hope they win the national title. Would be nice for the league.

Also, I like what Hoke has brought in some ways. The personnel just isn't there. The change seems a year late. Couple that with no QB dev and a new OC… Yeah.

Bright spot is that the Eugene Kid backup true freshman came in and led an 85 yard TD drive in his sleep tonight.

So we agree Wisc getting the absolute shit kicked of them by Mich they should drop to about 73rd or so? Drinking with Gopher fans tonight, it's a crime to put wisc above #100th. And the Gophs should still finish 11-1.

The tyranny of the shitty badgers is over!

I bought them all beers. They don't remember what we were talking about. Octoberfest, whooooo!

We may never recover from this seven point loss

andycapps

i

How not to defend a hail mary. I am not even sure you can call that luck. Just terrible defense.
Yeah, really bad. Guess they practice that the end of practice every Thursday. The guys knew what to do, just didn't do it. College football in a nutshell. UGA football in particular.

This picture is fantastic.

dmqithqh.jpg

And this picture from UGA wide receiver Reggie Wilkerson is interesting. Don't think he's played at all this year, but maybe the older members of the team like him haven't bought into what Kirby is selling.

g733QHAh.jpg

Quake1028

When was the last time we were ranked ahead of fsu going into that game and will be favored?

Full disclosure, I think they still win :(.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Morning after and I still think Louisville got jobbed on the road by ACC refs. Is what it is though.

I think I'm more pissed at my dumb fellow tech fans.

Hey we played Miami pretty much even if you don't count spotting them 14 and take out the penalities!

Except you know the turnovers and penalities count, and that's on us.

Smh

Quake1028

Morning after and I still think Louisville got jobbed on the road by ACC refs. Is what it is though.

I think I'm more pissed at my dumb fellow tech fans.

Hey we played Miami pretty much even if you don't count spotting them 14 and take out the penalities!

Except you know the turnovers and penalities count, and that's on us.

Smh

To be fair that is what the ESPN announce team was saying over and over and over.

jfkgoblue

AP top 25
http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll
1-Bama
2-OSU
3-Clemson
4-Michigan
5-Washington
6-Houston
7-Louisville
8-TX A&M
9-Tennesee
10-Miami
11-Wisconsin
12-Nebraska
13-Baylor
14-Ole Miss
15-Stanford
16-Arkansas
17-UNC
18-Florida
19-Boise
20-Oklahoma
21-Colorado
22-WVU
23-FSU
24-Utah
25-Vtech

Think Michigan should be ranked above Clemson, no reason for them to jump us, Michigan has looked better, with more wins over ranked teams...

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
AP top 25
http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll
1-Bama (53)
2-OSU (6)
3-Clemson (1)
4-Michigan (1)
5-Washington
6-Houston
7-Louisville
8-TX A&M
9-Tennesee
10-Miami
11-Wisconsin
12-Nebraska
13-Baylor
14-Ole Miss
15-Stanford
16-Arkansas
17-UNC
18-Florida
19-Boise
20-Oklahoma
21-Colorado
22-WVU
23-FSU
24-Utah
25-Vtech

Think Michigan should be ranked above Clemson, no reason for them to jump us, Michigan has looked better, with more wins over ranked teams...

Coaches':

1. Alabama (57)
  2. Ohio State (3)
  3. Clemson (2)
  4. Michigan
  5. Houston
  6. Washington
  7. Texas A&M
  8. Louisville
  9. Tennessee
  10. Miami (FL)
  11. Baylor
  12. Nebraska
  13. Wisconsin
  14. Ole Miss
  15. Stanford
  16. North Carolina
  17. Arkansas
  18. Florida
  19. Boise St.
  20. West Virginia
  21. Florida St.
  22. Oklahoma
  23. Colorado
  24. Utah
  25. Western Michgan

Kevtones

Looking at Oregon's schedule - this team is not going bowling and potentially 2-10. How did it get this bad this fast? They're less than two years removed from the national title game.

Draxal

Ohio state corners didn't allow any completions against them. Team as a whole only allowed 3 completions, 0 in the second half.

Eh, we had a couple of drops.

Rutgers has no qb, and our only wr that can actually play was lost for the season last week.

Don't get me wrong you guys are good, but Flood completely fucked up the WR/TE situation for Rutgers, so that Ahmir Mitchell will be our No 1 WR by default next year.

It kinda sucks though, we had a decent defensive line (Darius Hamilton) and that will be gone next week.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
For the record, I believe Tennessee will lose their next two games. Playing sloppily in the first half is going to bite us in the ass eventually, and once again poor play calling at the end of the game is what put us in the situation of needing a Hail Mary in the first place. We aren't going to continue to get those breaks. At some point or another, we are going to have to out couch the oppostion, and I don't think this coaching staff is capable of that.

But with that said, if the Vols do the unthinkable and sweep both A&M and Bama, wouldn't we be deserving of the #1 spot? Because right now the rankings don't seem to be playing out that way. We have now beaten three teams that at one point or another were ranked in the top 25. Yet as of today, we are sitting at the same place in the rankings as we were going into season; #9.

I know in the end it won't matter, if the Vols win out or go 1-1 over the next two weeks and make it to SEC championship game unscathed from there, then a win in Atlanta would in all likelyhood put us into the playoffs. But the AP ranking still rubs me the wrong way when none of teams ahead of us have been penalized for playing down to their competition like we were opening week.

What im trying to say is that if we somehow pull these next two weeks off, we will easily have the most impressive resume of the remaining unbeatens. At that point we better start getting the proper amount of respect for thr guantlet we just conquered, and be placed at the top of the rankings like we deserve. Or else.... shit what do I even care for? The AP is bullshit anyways. Bring on the committee rankings.

Some opening lines for this week:

Clemson -17
LSU -1/-2.5
Washington -8.5
USC -4.5 (This smells like Vegas trying to make easy money)
Miami -1.5/-2
Stanford -12/-8.5
CAL! -10
Oklahoma -7/-10
UNC -6.5/-2.5
Notre Dame -2.5/-1
aTm -6.5
Alabama -13

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alabama has signed 5 or so OLBs over the last 3 recruiting cycles.

It's nuts.

Well, one has left (Adonis Thomas), one is in the rotation (Rashaan Evans), one is a top 10 pick DE/DT (Jonathan Allen) and the other is starting to see more playing time (Christian Miller).

Still leaves Mehki Brown and Ronnie Clark, who I'm not sure where they are at. Nevermind that Ben Davis and Mack Wilson just arrived in the summer. If there's one area, barring injury or transfer, that we probably will be excellent at for the next few years, is LB.

Realizing that Josh Jacobs was a 3 star RB/APB is crazy. I know the opponent level wasn't there the last 2 games, but he's showing outstanding moves from the RB spot.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Well, one has left (Adonis Thomas), one is in the rotation (Rashaan Evans), one is a top 10 pick DE/DT (Jonathan Allen) and the other is starting to see more playing time (Christian Miller).

Still leaves Mehki Brown and Ronnie Clark, who I'm not sure where they are at. Nevermind that Ben Davis and Mack Wilson just arrived in the summer. If there's one area, barring injury or transfer, that we probably will be excellent at for the next few years, is LB.

Realizing that Josh Jacobs was a 3 star RB/APB is crazy. I know the opponent level wasn't there the last 2 games, but he's showing outstanding moves from the RB spot.
Ronnie Clark is a back up RB.

El_Chino

How does one even distribute all the playing time? I feel as if kids at Bama have to wait 2 years or so to even get some decent playing time.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
How does one even distribute all the playing time? I feel as if kids at Bama have to wait 2 years or so to even get some decent playing time.
Reuben Foster did not see significant playing time until he was a Junior (last year). It's just how it is.

Top Bottom