• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Ten: Game of the Century #7: This Time We Mean It

cdyhybrid

Mora losing his shit is always an entertaining sight.

Edit: I can't with these announcers. Guy is trying to give aTm credit for scheduling UCLA while the Bruins are just shitting all over the field and he's complaining about the quality of play. Amazing.

Amazingly the Bruins can still make a bowl if they win their last 3. The get Oregon State (second worst team in the conference), USC (a rivalry game so who knows, plus USC will be coming off the UW game), and California (the worst rush defense in the country).

There's still a chance for them!

If the UC system wasn't so poor I'd say Mora is getting canned, but eh.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Amazingly the Bruins can still make a bowl if they win their last 3. The get Oregon State (second worst team in the conference), USC (a rivalry game so who knows, plus USC will be coming off the UW game), and California (the worst rush defense in the country).

There's still a chance for them!

If the UC system wasn't so poor I'd say Mora is getting canned, but eh.

UCLA will win two games, go 5-7, and make a bowl anyways, in a poetic mirroring of last year's season.

jfkgoblue

Yes please

5d2ZJxK.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
From the "old news to anyone paying attention" department, an ESPN article on how Baylor coaches are basically just not recruiting anymore.

"It's like they're not even trying anymore," a Big 12 assistant coach said. "I haven't talked to a single kid that mentions Baylor -- not a one -- and that's crazy to say, because we've always gone after the same type of athletes and recruited in the same areas in Texas."
"I don't know what they're doing there, but if you told me they weren't recruiting at all, I wouldn't be surprised with what we're seeing," the Big 12 assistant said.
Hulme, the Waco Midway coach, said a few of his players have attended games at McLane Stadium this season on unofficial visits to observe rival teams..."They'll go and watch whoever's playing Baylor," said Hulme, whose school produced five players on the current Baylor roster. "It's sort of sad."
Neither Lebby nor Kendal Briles has called or visited since May, Hulme said, despite the presence of quarterback Tanner Mordecai, who is uncommitted and ranked No. 90 in the ESPN Junior 300, and several other Midway players in whom Baylor showed initial interest.

They may have an even worse top to bottom roster than Kansas here in a year or two. Their good players are all either graduating, likely gone early for the draft, or likely transfers, half of their 2016 recruiting class defected including almost all of their linemen (O and D), and with 3 months to go their 2017 class is basically nonexistent.

jfkgoblue

I'm in Arizona this weekend, so now I get to experience the west coast pain of 9:30 kickoffs.
Well daylight saving ends this weekend so you only have 1 more CFB Saturday until they start at 10:00, so you missed it by 1 week

And starting this week your NFL games will be starting at 11

From the "old news to anyone paying attention" department, an ESPN article on how Baylor coaches are basically just not recruiting anymore.

They may have an even worse top to bottom roster than Kansas here in a year or two. Their good players are all either graduating, likely gone early for the draft, or likely transfers, half of their 2016 recruiting class defected including almost all of their linemen (O and D), and with 3 months to go their 2017 class is basically nonexistent.

I hadn't heard about this. Is it because they all expect a coaching change or because they expect the program to get shut down? Or because everyone is scared to go there?

jfkgoblue

I hadn't heard about this. Is it because they all expect a coaching change or because they expect the program to get shut down? Or because everyone is scared to go there?

It's pretty much because everyone knows the current staff won't be there next year, so they aren't even bothering, from what some Baylor fans were saying.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Everyone knows the coaches will all be gone, yes, but a bigger part of it IMO is that the coaches themselves are all on the "Art was a scapegoat, we got screwed" bandwagon so they're ultimately all probably hoping Baylor goes down the tubes.

The coaches are basically in open revolt against the regents/administration. The fans have been selling black Briles-supporting shirts and leading a fan-made blackout for the TCU game this weekend to support him and condemn the administration; the players have started supporting the blackout on social media, and the team just announced a few days ago that they'll also be wearing their all black uniforms for the first time this season.

People are waiting to see if the NCAA is ever going to step in but at the rate things are going there's not much they could do that will be worse than what Baylor is doing to itself.

Velcro Fly

He should know the rule...

I don't necessarily fault people for associating the targeting rule with helmet to helmet contact. it's honestly pretty difficult to lead with the crown of your helmet and hit someone anywhere else. other than a play like that where you have him lined up and can just basically deliver a shot like that to the chest.

Top Bottom