• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

I'm thinking I'm done getting singles of the Star Wars comics. I never read them month to month and I just have stacks and stacks. I'm looking for hardcover omnibuses of the books, but I can't find any really aside from Kanan and Darth Vader. Am I not looking in the right places? Or should I just settle for trades?

The ones out so far are:

Kanan Omnibus (All 12 issues)
Vader Volume 1 & 2 (An omnibus is coming out in September too)
Star Wars Volume 1 (Vol 2's out in June)
Star Wars: Heroes for a New Hope (Collects Lando, Leia and Chewbacca)

MattyG

Banned
The ones out so far are:

Kanan Omnibus
Vader Volume 1 & 2 (An omnibus is coming out in September too)
Star Wars Volume 1 (Vol 2's out in June)
Star Wars: Heroes for a New Hope (Collects Lando, Leia and Chewbacca)
Hmmmm... I guess I'll pick up trades for reading and the omnibuses way later when they release for collecting if I feel like it. Thanks!

Messi

I'm thinking I'm done getting singles of the Star Wars comics. I never read them month to month and I just have stacks and stacks. I'm looking for hardcover omnibuses of the books, but I can't find any really aside from Kanan and Darth Vader. Am I not looking in the right places? Or should I just settle for trades?

They do oversized hardcovers of star wars. Vader and Kanan have omnibuses as they are finished.

Read Dr Aphra

error4041

There is a OHC for The main Star Wars book that contains the first 12 issues, I don't think I haven't heard of a OHC Vol 2 for the book yet, maybe in time for Christmas.

There is also a hardcover that collects the Leia, Lando and I think Chewbacca miniseries.

Sandfox

Marvel needs to put out an Indiana Jones book around the time the new movie releases. Other stuff like a Gargoyles book by Weisman would be cool, but Disney is weird in that they don't have all of their comics going though Marvel.

It's pretty great. The music is amazing, and it's stylish as hell. And I've only met half the characters on the box art so far.

Very cool man, I'm jealous. All finished up in Nier as of last night, just waiting on Persona releasing!

Didn't get a chance to read more of The Goddammed, but I am watching Dr Strange.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
FInally getting around to reading Stray Bullets, read the first 2 chapters.

Goddamn is this brutal, the second one is especially gut wrenching.

Vic_Viper

Yeah I don't think there working on the follow up yet, but should be some time this year I think from whats been teased, whether its still going to be sheriff of babylon I don't know, from the promo looks like could be the sheriff of somewhere else

http://www.cbr.com/dc-teases-second-season-of-sheriff-of-babylon-possible-title-change/

Have they said anything about releasing the entire series in one Trade yet? Read the first few issues on CMX but decided to just wait for the entire thing collected in one book before buying the trades.

Also is Brubaker working on anything currently? Has he said anything about continuing Velvet at all or was that series completed?

Just got my Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus! Didnt know they had switched artists after the first few issues, kind of a disappointment imo. I remember reading about how the first like 7 issues artist was doing amazing work with Daredevil, especially with his "vision" scenes. Seems weird Marvel would switch artists for the rest of the book after getting soo much praise from critics. Cant wait for the Brubaker Omnis to come out still though.

Also is Brubaker working on anything currently? Has he said anything about continuing Velvet at all or was that series completed?

Pretty sure Kill Or Be Killed is his main comic focus right now. Seems like Velvet is on break while Epting does other things like Batwoman and Bru has his plate full, but I think it's one of his properties he's been trying to get to TV.

Im getting around to my DCBS order kind of late but wanted to post about this in case anyone missed it.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR171400

When the last descendant of the Frankenstein family loses her only son to a police shooting, she turns to science for her own justice...putting her on a crash course with her family's original monster and his quest to eliminate humanity. An intense, unflinching story exploring the legacies of love, loss, and vengeance placed firmly in the tense atmosphere and current events of the modern-day United States.
In Shops: May 17, 2017

Victor Lavalle is an African American author who has received praise from Clive Barker and Joe Hill. The story looks very thought provoking as the young victim (soon to be resurrected) will be killed in a police shooting. There arent enough minorities represented in the comics medium, even less that are given an avenue to freely tell their own story. I really look forward to this.

Vic_Viper

Pretty sure Kill Or Be Killed is his main comic focus right now. Seems like Velvet is on break while Epting does other things like Batwoman and Bru has his plate full, but I think it's one of his properties he's been trying to get to TV.

Thats right, completely forgot about Kill or Be Killed! Need to start reading it now that its deeper into the run. Is Epting doing the new Batwoman Rebirth stuff? Just single issues or is he on for a few arcs as far as we know?

Boogiepop

Not sure if these are unique and thus people would actually want it or not, but I'm not going to use my Comixology code I got that expires tonight (the 30% off for an order $15 or more). So have at it, whoever may want it. Embedded it with the email tag thing, so quote to see.

Also, thinking I'll drop down from keeping up with this thread proper to just popping in now and again when I have something to discuss/ask. AKA when the time comes to dig through my digital comics backlog (and then in turn subscribe to MU when I'll be able to set aside time to actually use it), I'll probably come back. But for now I'll be dipping out (not that it'll make much of a difference in here, as I've effectively just been lurking for awhile, due to the aforementioned lack of things to discuss on my end).

Just got my Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus! Didnt know they had switched artists after the first few issues, kind of a disappointment imo. I remember reading about how the first like 7 issues artist was doing amazing work with Daredevil, especially with his "vision" scenes. Seems weird Marvel would switch artists for the rest of the book after getting soo much praise from critics. Cant wait for the Brubaker Omnis to come out still though.

Are you not liking the change? Rivera slowly transitions to Samnee for the second half of this omnibus and Samnee does almost all of the second omnibus. The art stays great throughout. (I think it actually gets stronger as the series progresses).

Thats right, completely forgot about Kill or Be Killed! Need to start reading it now that its deeper into the run. Is Epting doing the new Batwoman Rebirth stuff? Just single issues or is he on for a few arcs as far as we know?

I'm not sure dude, maybe someone who's been paying more attention knows. He's definitely doing the first arc of the new reborn series but no idea what the artist line up will be like beyond that. I'd love if he stayed on for awhile but who knows.

Vic_Viper

Are you not liking the change? Rivera slowly transitions to Samnee for the second half of this omnibus and Samnee does almost all of the second omnibus. The art stays great throughout. (I think it actually gets stronger as the series progresses).

Yea I wasnt super happy with the change so far. It reminds me of the Siler Surfer and Antman artist, which I dont like as it looks like a Saturday morning cartoon lol. Ive seen some of the later issues that would be included with Vol. 2 (if they ever do one) and I liked it alot more than what ive seen in this Vol.

How is Nailbiter? Was looking at some of the Image stuff on CMX and noticed the first trade was on sale so I picked it up. What is the overall consensus on the book?

Messi

Have they said anything about releasing the entire series in one Trade yet? Read the first few issues on CMX but decided to just wait for the entire thing collected in one book before buying the trades.

Velvets hardcover that is out this week is listed as 'Velvet Deluxe Edition' nowhere does it have vol 1 ect on it. That series is toast imo. It's sad really as I loved it.

I will not have people shitting on Mike and Laura Allred in here. Not today, not ever.

Velvets hardcover that is out this week is listed as 'Velvet Deluxe Edition' nowhere does it have vol 1 ect on it. That series is toast imo. It's sad really as I loved it.

Oh wow really? No spoilers, I have vol 3 sitting here, but it totally ties up?

I guess he put this in the back of the last issue: Click

Vic_Viper

I will not have people shitting on Mike and Laura Allred in here. Not today, not ever.

lol, my bad. Its just not my preferred art on a book like DD. Looks fine on their main titles since it fits really well with the books.

Oh wow really? No spoilers, I have vol 3 sitting here, but it totally ties up?

I guess he put this in the back of the last issue: Click

This is awesome news! Velvet is my Captain America hold over without all the continuity and event crap.

So glad Brubaker got to work on Westworld and I hope he returns for season 2. Some of his series would be perfect for HBO already. Would love to see a Gotham Central show or even Velvet on HBO.

Tell me Messi, are you also considering a purchase of the Sunstone hardcover coming out this week? I hear it's a pretty good comic. It would be nice if we also had a statue to go with it.

So a friend and I were talking and, from a creative perspective, not financial, who would you say is the Marvel equivalent of The Trinity? I was going to say at this point and time. Captain America (Steve Rogers), Iron Man (Tony Stark), and probably Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

So a friend and I were talking and, from a creative perspective, not financial, who would you say is the Marvel equivalent of The Trinity? I was going to say at this point and time. Captain America (Steve Rogers), Iron Man (Tony Stark), and probably Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Nah. I would swap Captain Marvel for Thor. Carol ain't primetime yet, as much as Marvel wishes she was. And don't give me the "but Thor's a dude" argument. He's just as pretty as any woman.

Messi

Tell me Messi, are you also considering a purchase of the Sunstone hardcover coming out this week? I hear it's a pretty good comic. It would be nice if we also had a statue to go with it.

I bought the hardcover the day preorders started, same for the calendar and will do the same for any statue.

Sandfox

Steve/Tony/Odinson. In terms of popularity, like if you wanted to put out a book that would be big, I would go Peter/Logan/Deadpool.

I just excerted all my will power to not jump into that Akira anime OT thread. Whew

Speaking of Akira it's time to double dip on the manga! Pre ordered the box set

And if it gets a digital release I'll Tripple dip!

Nah. I would swap Captain Marvel for Thor. Carol ain't primetime yet, as much as Marvel wishes she was. And don't give me the "but Thor's a dude" argument. He's just as pretty as any woman.

Steve/Tony/Odinson. In terms of popularity, like if you wanted to put out a book that would be big, I would go Peter/Logan/Deadpool.
Really? Thor? Huh, I wouldn't have thought of that.

The X-Men Trinity is obviously Scott, Logan, and Ororo.

Cap, Iron Man, Thor is the Avengers equivalent. Carol is barely a blip on the radar.

Spider-Man is by far their biggest solo hero but I don't really group him with the traditional Avengers.

I just excerted all my will power to not jump into that Akira anime OT thread. Whew

Dude, where you at in Nier? <///////3

I would have said Thor, Cap, Iron Man, those are the big three they always make a big deal of changing or bringing back together during Siege etc. but Logan and Spidey are big ticket $$$

HB, Abe & Liz for the holy Mignola trinity <3

So because I wasn't having a great day and I really wanted to have some X-Men, I went to my LCS and bought the OHC of Phalanx Covenant. Don't care if it was a bad choice, I wanted X-Men and they didn't have the ones I wanted.

tim1138

Let us pray that Otomo grants us a digital release. And frankly you can never have too many copies of Akira!

Let us pray that Otomo grants us a digital release. And frankly you can never have too many copies of Akira!
Growing up outside of the original TMNT series one of the other books my older brother collected was the entire colorized NA release of Akira. I wonder where those are. That's actually how I originally read it.

Finished up Route B last night and I've done 75% of the side quests. I feel like I just finished eating my vegetables and now it's time for the desert! That route c tease has me excited. I should be done with it by this weekend.

Oh you're in for dessert alright....I can't even hint lol. Do check in when you're done though...

tim1138

Didn't they just release Ghost in the Shell in color hardcover too?

I honestly have no idea, but it'd make sense with the movie coming out

Growing up outside of the original TMNT series one of the other books my older brother collected was the entire colorized NA release of Akira. I wonder where those are. That's actually how I originally read it.

I'm so jealous, I'm pretty sure JC has those colorized editions too.

Oh you're in for dessert alright....I can't even hint lol. Do check in when you're done though...

Will do! I might go back and finally play the original Nier. I own all his other games but never played them. I even have the Nier soundtrack

Didn't they just release Ghost in the Shell in color hardcover too?
They did. But then we have things like Bersek which is on CMX but only in Dutch or whatever. Not via Dark Horse. And Oh my goddess is sort of collected. They need to get the back issues all added.

I honestly have no idea, but it'd make sense with the movie coming out.

Yup. They just released 1, 2, and 1.5 as deluxe hardcovers in late February.

They did. But then we have things like Bersek which is on CMX but only in Dutch or whatever. Not via Dark Horse. And Oh my goddess is sort of collected. They need to get the back issues all added.

I've never read the AMG manga. I've seen the anime TV series and some movies, though.

I'm in the middle of a Route B playthrough. I'll definitely get back to it after I finish with Mass Effect.

Will do! I might go back and finally play the original Nier. I own all his other games but never played them. I even have the Nier soundtrack

Route B is v. cool, I appreciated the gameplay change ups and the perspective shifts for certain points, that's what I would expect of a replay/B scenario. Route C though.....

I actually never played any of his prior stuff, and I am so full of regret now over it. I don't have a ps3 or 360 anymore either so unless xbox stick Nier on BC or Sony do some sort of classic thing there's no hope for me :(

Yup. They just released 1, 2, and 1.5 as deluxe hardcovers in late February.

I've never read the AMG manga. I've seen the anime TV series and some movies, though.
I really enjoy the manga. Great art. Fun jolly good times in the story. I need to pick it back up. I used to collect it back when manga would be split into 22 page "comic book" issues and released monthly. Viz also did this with books like Ranma 1/2. It was kind of rough. People have it muuuch better now

Top Bottom