• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Fuck I just bought it on black Friday... And I love MGS

MGS V is fantastic. The only downside to it is that the necessity of side ops to earn money makes the story feel somewhat disjointed since you usually end up playing a bazillion of them between story missions to build up your Mother Base.

It is time.... For a list!

Gotham Academy #12
Prez #6
East of West #22
Paper Girls #3
Daredevil #1
Doctor Strange #3
Extraordinary X-Men #3
Invincible Iron Man #4
Red Wolf #1
Vision #2

Messi

LIIIIIIISSSSTTTTT TIMMMMMME

Gotham Academy #12
Harley's Little Black Book #1
Prez #6
Robin War #1

Image Firsts Sunstone #1 (its $1 for the first 30 or so pages of sunstone, give it a go)
Paper Girls #3
Plutona #3
Rocket Girl #7
IX Generation #7

ANAD Avengers #2
ANAD Inhumans #1
All New X-Men #1
Daredevil #1
Dr Strange #3
Guardians of Infinity #1 (What is this book about????)
Extraordinary X-Men #3
Howard the Duck #2
Invincible Iron Man #4
Nova #2
Spidey #1
Totally Awesome Hulk #1
Vision #2

Izombie Omni
Chew Deluxe vol 5
Rat Queens Deluxe vol 1
Witchblade 4 volume set

I am also getting whatever books have harley little black book variants. Dont know what books that is this week but the store will keep them

Gotham Academy #12
Prez #6
Robin War #1

Image Firsts Sunstone #1 (its $1 for the first 30 or so pages of sunstone, give it a go)
Paper Girls #3
Plutona #3
Rocket Girl #7
IX Generation #7

ANAD Avengers #2
ANAD Inhumans #1
All New X-Men #1
Daredevil #1
Dr Strange #3
Extraordinary X-Men #3
Howard the Duck #2
Invincible Iron Man #4
Nova #2
Spidey #1
Totally Awesome Hulk #1
Vision #2

Izombie Omni
Chew Deluxe vol 5
Rat Queens Deluxe vol 1
Witchblade 4 volume set

I am also getting whatever books have harley little black book variants. Dont know what books that is this week but the store will keep them
Whew

VanWinkle

Gotham Academy #12
Prez #6
Robin War #1

Paper Girls #3
Plutona #3
Rocket Girl #7
IX Generation #7

ANAD Avengers #2
ANAD Inhumans #1
All New X-Men #1
Daredevil #1
Dr Strange #3
Extraordinary X-Men #3
Howard the Duck #2
Invincible Iron Man #4
Nova #2
Spidey #1
Totally Awesome Hulk #1
Vision #2

Izombie Omni
Chew Deluxe vol 5
Rat Queens Deluxe vol 1
Witchblade 4 volume set

Dang Messi, that's a lot of books. I can't wait for the second trade of Gotham Academy to come out. I love that series so much.

Marvel:
All-New All-Different Avengers #2
Spidey! #1
The Vision #2

DC:
Gotham Academy #12

Others:
James Bond 007: Vargr #2 (Dynamite)
The Transformers #48 (IDW)

My kingdom for the Rat Queens hardcover!

My BuyList via Comics Day App
BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #9 $2.99
BATMAN BEYOND #7 $2.99
GOTHAM ACADEMY #12 $2.99
GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #11 $2.99
MIDNIGHTER #7 $2.99
PREZ #6 $2.99
ROBIN WAR #1 $4.99
SHERIFF OF BABYLON #1 (MR) $3.99
NAILBITER #18 (MR) $2.99
PAPER GIRLS #3 $2.99
REVIVAL #35 (MR) $3.99
STAR WARS #13 VDWN $3.99
VISION #2 $3.99

3 Tom King books in one day. Good lawd.

Dark Beast is an evil son of a bitch o_O
Yeah he is
Ah, I don't watch AoS, so I had no idea about that. It's still a bit of a weird disconnect that people are able to accept a billionaire industrialist in a robot suit, a green monster, a legitimate god, and a super soldier who was fought in WW2, but a dude with mind powers is just too crazy to be real. I appreciated it when Trish called out the attorney on it during her radio interview with Hope, that was a nice touch. It doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the show at all, but I do think it would work better as a separate, standalone thing.

I can see what you're saying, but I don't think it would work better that way. What made JJ work in the comics was that it had an established universe beforehand. A lot of characters were built up and established, and they could put JJ in the background. Make her seem like "Oh hey you were a hero once and then you bailed." They need that in the show, but because superhumans aren't nearly as big as they were in the comics. So the added disbelief that mind-control exists is perfectly natural, as is the dislike for vigilantes and "heroes,"(established in DD) because of what happened in New York previously.

Not to mention, mind-control (outside of Loki's staff, something the public knew nothing about) is ,again, unheard of and honestly, sounds like a huge cop-out. Imagine that if this case were accepted, how many people would come out of the wood work claiming to have been mind-controlled? I honestly think it works perfectly once you consider, at this point, how little knowledge the public has of superhumans outside of the basics of what they see. Hell, a lot of the public didn't even have much awareness of SHIELD, let alone superhumans.

Fear my LIST-FU

Robin War #1
Midnighter #7
Gotham Academy #12
Cyborg #5
Batman & Robin Eternal #9
Vision #2

Pretty light week I guess. DC's got a few Presents titles that look interesting, Titan Hunt, Robin War, Batman vs. Superman. Might grab one of those if I'm super bored.

Why would it have Gambit in it? Gambit is shit.

you'll see. when you're reading that charles soule-ass, ron garney-lookin Daredevil book, you'll be thinking "man, I wish i was on the right side of history"

tumblr_ny2sohUKKn1rjjxbmo2_400.gif

tim1138

I can see what you're saying, but I don't think it would work better that way. What made JJ work in the comics was that it had an established universe beforehand. A lot of characters were built up and established, and they could put JJ in the background. Make her seem like "Oh hey you were a hero once and then you bailed." They need that in the show, but because superhumans aren't nearly as big as they were in the comics. So the added disbelief that mind-control exists is perfectly natural, as is the dislike for vigilantes and "heroes,"(established in DD) because of what happened in New York previously.

Not to mention, mind-control (outside of Loki's staff, something the public knew nothing about) is ,again, unheard of and honestly, sounds like a huge cop-out. Imagine that if this case were accepted, how many people would come out of the wood work claiming to have been mind-controlled? I honestly think it works perfectly once you consider, at this point, how little knowledge the public has of superhumans outside of the basics of what they see. Hell, a lot of the public didn't even have much awareness of SHIELD, let alone superhumans.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

To each their own

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
has this Secret Wars shit ever happened in any event on any company?

like ever? Get your fucking act together Hickman / Ribic

still love the event tho

Fuck I just bought it on black Friday... And I love MGS
It's still an amazing game. One of my favorite sandbox games ever. They made open area dynamic stealth work

has this Secret Wars shit ever happened in any event on any company?

like ever? Get your fucking act together Hickman / Ribic

still love the event tho

Well Infinite crisis ended up bringing in fill in artists to keep it on schedule

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well Infinite crisis ended up bringing in fill in artists to keep it on schedule

aswell they should. Hell its not like there arent very good artists with similar styles to Ribic out there anyway. That dude I just discovere in Spider Verse...I forget his name, name sounds french, dude is amazing. And there are others.

Jessica Jones and Daredevil are now both watched. Out of the two, I think I liked JJ a bit more. Now it's time to start Orange is the New Black. Based on the amount of nudity in the first 20 seconds, I'm going to like this show.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Alright I was not a huge fan of Eric Nguyen's art on Strange Girl but I like his replacement Nick Stakal's art even less.

Jerome Opena who filled in for Nguyen once was pretty good. I wish they'd have kept him

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Action Comics 47
B&R Eternal 9
Cyborg 5
Green Lantern 47

James Bond 2

Paper Girls 3

ANAD Avengers 2
All-New Inhumans 1
All-New X-Men 1
Daredevil 1