• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Tried to pick up Vision #1 at the weekend when I was getting a few other Marvel #1s I'm interested in but they were all out and seems they are unable to order more in Ireland. Guess I'll have to import it.

Marvel Unlimited app is going great for me so far. Going through all of Hickman's Avengers stuff now. Really great story.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Really enjoying UFOlogy. I like the art quite a bit, and the story is EXACTLY the kind of shit that I love. More aliens/weird/ET stuff is ALWAYS good.

Embrace the digital future.

Ya I will be. About a euro cheaper per book and I don't want to be waiting for postal orders either. So much i want to read though so I'm going to have to cut it down anyway.

Also waiting for this DC offer on CMX. I got some 90s Flash to buy! i think they put up the price on a bunch of them. Majority were 89cent last week. Nearly all 1.80euro now.

Messi

Ladykiller trade is on sale in this cyber Monday deal. Further discount. It's now $2.99, €2.69 a steal at twice the price.

So, which character's from the JJ show end up having hero identities? I already know about
Trish/Patsy/Hellcat
and Luke Cage/Power Man. Who else?
Simpson? The nurse from DD
? Malcolm?

LIST

Atomic Robo and The Ring of Fire #4 of 5
Paper Girls #3
Extrordinary X-Men #3
Red Wolf #1
Totally Awesome Hulk #1

Also, Image Firsts Bitch Planet #1 and Sunstone #1

Decided on Hulk because the preview impressed me. Will probably also grab All New X-Men #1 if reviews are favourable. Black Jack Ketchum #1 looks interesting. I probably would have added that to my list because I like wild west settings and minis. But I'm already starting a new Wild West book with Red Wolf and knowing me, I'll confuse the plots of the two, given that I'll be reading them around the same time.

This DC sale on Comixology is not what I wanted. :|
Jessica Jones and Daredevil are now both watched. Out of the two, I think I liked JJ a bit more. Now it's time to start Orange is the New Black. Based on the amount of nudity in the first 20 seconds, I'm going to like this show.
You'll need better priorities to enjoy the show because the nudity is sparse after that.

As part of the Dark Horse Cyber Monday sale, I recommend everyone pick up The Ghost Fleet vol 1 for $3. Hugely underappreciated series. One of my favorite reads of the past year, with a ridiculous and original story, paired with some mind-blowing art. Well worth the price.
I'd also recommend Hellboy and the BPRD 1952 again. If you're interested in the universe but don't want to read through Hellboy or BPRD, this is a fine place to jump in. It's good.
This DC sale on Comixology is not what I wanted. :|

What's wrong with it? You can get multiple single issues for 99 cents each like their normal sales. Only this one isn't restricted to a single series or run.

DC sale is exactly what I wanted.

Picked up:

All of Waid's 90s Flash run ~80 issues
All of LeMire's Green Arrow
Grayson Vol.1
Aquaman Vol.1 and 2
Midnighter 1-3
Omega Men 1-3
Batwoman Vol.1
Doctor Fate 1-4

About 150 euro. Or the price of 3 trades of that Flash run.

I got The New Frontier and the rest of Kyle Baker's Plastic Man.

I like Cooke's art and this beats the price on the Deluxe HC. I read the first few issues of Plastic Man and loved it so it was a no brainer.

Kurtofan

Questions about the DC BOGO sale...

1) How does it work? If I put the code at checkout, will it automatically go for the cheapest books in my cart?

2)If so, can I use the BOGO code more than once?

3) Everything over 90 days deal is fair game right? I want to get Morrisson's Animal Man and Batman's No Man's Land

Picked up:

Grayson Vol.1
Aquaman Vol.1 and 2
Midnighter 1-3
Omega Men 1-3
Batwoman Vol.1
Doctor Fate 1-4

Can you tell me how you proceeded? I don't want to fuck it up.

1) How does it work? If I put the code at checkout, will it automatically go for the cheapest books in my cart?

3) Everything over 90 days deal is fair game right? I want to get Morrisson's Animal Man and Batman's No Man's Land
1. Not sure, everything I went for was $1.99 each

2. Looks like you can. I just tried adding two books to the cart and using the coupon again and it worked? I didn't try the full checkout process though.

3. Yep, everything before 9/1/15 is good to go. DC and Vertigo.

.Can you tell me how you proceeded? I don't want to fuck it up.

You can definitely use it more than once. I used it twice. When you're in the cart, theres an 'Apply Code' button down the bottom left opposite the price. Click it, type it in and it take it all off then before you proceed to checkout

Ok so I bought all the single issues together just in case it does go for the cheapest because the T&Cs say its equal value or lowest priced. They were nearly all 1.80, nothing above 3 quid I dont think. Came to 250 and with the code was 126.

Bought all the trades then separately because they were all close too but it was definitely the cheapest ones free.

Boogiepop

Yay, but also craaaap! Fantagraphics has their Cyber Monday sale up now. I realized with Amazon's coupon code could get me the new Don Rosa box set a few bucks cheaper, so after comparing on Fantagraphics' site, I placed the order... and I accidentally absentmindedly added it on Fantagraphics as well! Here's hoping their customer service is willing to remove it from the order.

Still can't believe my stupid self. Wish they would've shown the order in total in a clear manner before letting you confirm ala most sites, as that would've prevented this...

Just to follow up, Fantagraphics Customer Support was super polite and helpful and there were no problems in fixing this, so that was pleasant!

And a reminder that this sale is running and is the cheapest you'll probably get books from them for a while.

Uncanny Avengers Vol. 4: Avenge the Earth

So...that was really good. Remender's saga that went from Uncanny X-Force through Uncanny Avengers...wow. I'll have to re-read all of it one day.

Now then, I have a question: should I read Axis Prelude if I don't plan on reading Axis? Sounds really stupid, I know, but I figure that I'd ask.

What's wrong with it? You can get multiple single issues for 99 cents each like their normal sales. Only this one isn't restricted to a single series or run.

Picked up:

Grayson Vol.1
Aquaman Vol.1 and 2
Midnighter 1-3
Omega Men 1-3
Batwoman Vol.1
Doctor Fate 1-4

I think I misunderstood. It said select comics so I took that to mean only what was on the sale page.

Afrodium

Banned
Are the current runs (T-shirt and jeans) of Superman or Action Comics worth checking out? I'd like to take advantage of the BOGO sale to hop on some DC ongoings. Currently I only pick up Batman and Omega Men. I like Superman but I've only read self contained books. I'm planning on grabbing The Darkseid war as well so that I can start reading Justice League books.

JEKKI

DC BOGO sale is the closest thing I've had to a Secret Six sale!!

been waiting so long to read all of Secret Six lol.

hopefully we get another BOGO sale next year so I can read all of Simone's Birds of Prey next.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are calenders filled with chocolade that count down to christmas and are printed (most likely) with christmas motives a thing in america and great brittain?

Are calenders filled with chocolade that count down to christmas and are printed (most likely) with christmas motives a thing in america and great brittain?

I think we had them when I was growing up, yeah. Shitty chocolate.

Best year was when we had one with tiny little lego sets instead :D

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think we had them when I was growing up, yeah. Shitty chocolate.

Best year was when we had one with tiny little lego sets instead :D
The chocolate is always the worst, but its fun nonethless :D

I found have bought one with Lego Star Wars, but I dont have any place to display it :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Except
they've already cast someone else as Night Nurse for Doctor Strange. Claire is just Claire. Granted she plays the role of Night Nurse, but she isn't technically Night Nurse.

what the fuck?

Top Bottom