• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

I have a Razer Abyssus mouse. It has a switch on the bottom of the mouse to switch to 450, 1800 or 3500 DPI. I never move it from 450! I think I'm rocking like 1.3 sensitivity in-game right now.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Well, tonights games went fairly well. Only went up against one team that was filled with cheaters. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. I went up against a team, and that was a close game. How about you guys?

I played a game of mirage last night with randoms and had a good advantage at half time, until we got onto ct side and the server was lagging for the whole game :/ so we lost I think 13-16. It feels like when there is lag, the T side gets a major advantage because CT can't really communicate and defending is much harder with lag.

Well, tonights games went fairly well. Only went up against one team that was filled with cheaters. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. I went up against a team, and that was a close game. How about you guys?
I got to play a game with the worst team I've ever had. 2 of the people were basically complaining about each other the entire time which led to them shooting at each other and not bother to play (one was the best player while the other was the worst 0-9/2-12 bad). Had one of the guys basically calling votes to kick everyone every couple of minutes on top of telling the other team where everyone was.

I guess in a nice twist, the guy being the biggest douche left during the last round and got a 7 day ban.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I got to play a game with the worst team I've ever had. 2 of the people were basically complaining about each other the entire time which led to them shooting at each other and not bother to play (one was the best player while the other was the worst 0-9/2-12 bad). Had one of the guys basically calling votes to kick everyone every couple of minutes on top of telling the other team where everyone was.

I guess in a nice twist, the guy being the biggest douche left during the last round and got a 7 day ban.
If you need a player tonight, i'm down to play.

If you need a player tonight, i'm down to play.
I should be down to play tonight. Have a paper due at midnight which is nearly completed.. if the other members decide to finish up what I've asked them to do so I don't have to do it all.

I also need more silvers to play with :D

K.Sabot

CB2iyOr.jpg

You know what to do boys.

Edit: well, it's a trace this time at least.

Omega

Banned
haha 3 of the top selling items are Griffins

FN jumped from $5 to $10. Even if the skin does get pulled are people expecting another Howl? Part of the reason the Howl is so rare and valuable is that it was already red, so there werent many to begin with.

There's a shit ton of Griffins out there.

K.Sabot

I had a couple timebreakers when they got pulled.

Despite it being a common item with around 50k owners before it got pulled, I sold them about 500% the price they were when they released. I honestly don't think it will get pulled anyways.

Watching the markets, it's easy to tell who has market bots because they keep reselling items lol.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I'm at 3.1 sen, 1600 DPI, 1000hz Polling on a Logitech G500s Raw Input ON and Acceleration OFF.... It feels fine to me, why should I lower my DPI? :p..... (in b4 witchhunt)

EDIT: Whoops double post, how to fix D:

I just tried those settings out in deathmatch and let me tell you it is almost impossible to get good and consistent aim with such a ridiculiously high sensitivity. Your's is almost 4 times higher than the pro with the highest sens (f0rest).

What rank are you? Trust me when I say this, you will get much better and more consistent when you lower your sensitivity.

Buy a big mousepad if you haven't already, lower your sensitivity to let's say 1.5 and play deathmatch with that. At first you will think that there is no way you can play with such a low sensitivity, but trust me you will get used to it.
When you feel that you got comfortable with your new sens, lower it down again step by step until you reach the point where you don't feel like you can go any lower and then stick with it.

Most people tell new players that they shouldn't look at pro players settings and rather play with the settings they are most comfortable with, but I really don't think that this is a good advice as most new players will naturally start with an extremely high sens and stick with it because they falsely assume that it is the sens they are most comfortable with, without ever really trying to play with a low sens.

I was a high sens player as well for a long time, though still a lot less than you, and I thought I was comfortable with that and didn't feel any need to change it until I read a bit about that subject and found out that most pro's play with low sens and that mine was actually extremely high.

I started with I think 0.8 at 3600 dpi (which is around 7 at 400 dpi, you have around 12) and now I am at 1.2 at 600 dpi which is 1.8 at 400 dpi and I can honestly say that my aim has gotten A LOT better since than and most importantly more consistent. It takes a bit time to get adjusted to it because I had to change from being a wrist aimer to an arm aimer (which at first felt almost impossible to do) but trust me it's worth it.

soultron

Banned
It's trying to be the new Howl. It's not.

Really not a fan of the colours, the pose, or the placement. It doesn't work with the shape of the gun the way the Howl does.

Then you have the category of people who are trying to imitate the Howl, just like they did with the Asiimov series. Be original, people. (Or at least try.)

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
What's 1.9 sensitivity with 1000dpi equal to at 400dpi?

My mouse is only 1000dpi.

It's 4.75

http://www.users.on.net/~frankros/DPI-calc.php

btw, how stupid is it that your potential return value on csgolounge varies even after you place the bet? I didn't know that and when I placed my bet on c9 I had like $10 potential returns and now it's down to almost 6.

Odah

Banned
I just had the best game ever (on Nuke) :D

I was playing with complete randoms, but all germans in my team somehow.

(Actually for me communication was much harder even tho my native language is german but if you know all calls only in english it is hard for me to translate them to german for them LOL)

Aaaanyways,

We were starting on CT side and everything seemed super ez pzy cus we won pistol and first 3 rounds with no effort. Everyone was like "yeah can we please win faster I need to do something else".

Suddenly the enemy team began recking us (cus some of the germans started to push like stupids) and we ended first half with a score of 9-6 for us. Pretty bad for CT side on Nuke...

Second half, we won pistol at ease again and got to a score of 11-6. Suddenly we were chocking, my team got pretty frustrated cus we were losing round after round. After a score of 11-12 for enemy side I started to carry this game pretty hard. Like for reals!

The top fragger in our team had 22k on CT side but nobody seemed to really be good in playing T side. THIS IS WHERE I FINALLY STOOD OUT.

I was playing T side like a master basically carrying my team to victory! :D

At the end I even got above the top fragger of our team and had the biggest score. it was 12-12 and after that we won every round. I was calling the strats, everyone listened to me and it always worked.

TL;DR: Nuke Odah sided confirmed

Sajjaja

May the Olaf be with you.

How do you guys call strats and stuff? I know there has to be some rationale in calling strats at certain times and when not to call strats. But I guess it doesn't really matter at lower ranks because no one knows wtf is going on anyways.

Odah

Banned
May the Olaf be with you.

How do you guys call strats and stuff? I know there has to be some rationale in calling strats at certain times and when not to call strats. But I guess it doesn't really matter at lower ranks because no one knows wtf is going on anyways.

It really depends. I for example started to learn their weaknesses while playing. For example I tested rushing through vents and noticed that they wouldn't be prepared for it. So yeah, it worked 2 times in a row and we won the round(s). After that I changed it up a little because I knew that one of our guys was good with the awp so I told them to smoke outside and go outside, it worked flawlessly. Every fucking time. It felt like they had taken their weaker players to cover outside because whenever we were going outside we out-aimed them pretty much.

Then we got inside to Bombside B this is where the real fight started with the better players.

I realized that Outside was their weakspot and going outside worked 4 times in a row and we won 16-12

They were a clan of 5 people (MoT or smth likethat)

ChrisW

I was playing with complete randoms, but all germans in my team somehow.

(Actually for me communication was much harder even tho my native language is german but if you know all calls only in english it is hard for me to translate them to german for them LOL)

Aaaanyways,

We were starting on CT side and everything seemed super ez pzy cus we won pistol and first 3 rounds with no effort. Everyone was like "yeah can we please win faster I need to do something else".

Suddenly the enemy team began recking us (cus some of the germans started to push like stupids) and we ended first half with a score of 9-6 for us. Pretty bad for CT side on Nuke...

Second half, we won pistol at ease again and got to a score of 11-6. Suddenly we were chocking, my team got pretty frustrated cus we were losing round after round. After a score of 11-12 for enemy side I started to carry this game pretty hard. Like for reals!

The top fragger in our team had 22k on CT side but nobody seemed to really be good in playing T side. THIS IS WHERE I FINALLY STOOD OUT.

I was playing T side like a master basically carrying my team to victory! :D

At the end I even got above the top fragger of our team and had the biggest score. it was 12-12 and after that we won every round. I was calling the strats, everyone listened to me and it always worked.

I watched you play a bit of this game, whilst you were covering ramp

Odah

Banned
So I was playing with chinz0 MM and we found a game where the whole enemy team didn't connect. After like 2 minutes one of them finally connected and asked where the fuck he is. He wasnt searchng for a MM game and suddenly connected in our game lmao.

We were playing on a european server but still he, as an american got queued to us. He was constantly screaming around that he didnt even look for a mm game. lol

Game didnt start but in the last few seconds a 6th...yeah a sixth guy joined the game.

Volvo pls.

edit: oh and everyone besides the american guy who somehow got into our game got banned lmao

344e71580a.jpg

chinzo bottomfragging as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom