• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odah

Banned
Anyone seen the VP vs. iBP game?

b20a189543.png

133$

now imagine how I have felt after 11-15 and OT 3 .....

Mokoi

Banned
Oh my, must be so embarrassing for elevate. I hoped they would put up a decent fight against fnatic, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Anyone seen the VP vs. iBP game?
133$
now imagine how I have felt after 11-15 and OT 3 .....
Damm you really went all out on this one. Respect!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Saw this on reddit. Gotta say I have massive respect for Virtus.Pro (and Ninjas in Pyjamas).

Makes me kinda want to play Competitive/online but NOOOOOOOOOOO.gif

So did the guy that 'designed' the Howl also have a bunch of other skins? I have the Poison Dart CZ and apparently that one got removed from the same case as the Howl (despite presumably being an original design)

udiie

Okay guys, I just installed this game for the first time. What do I need to know.

welcome.
1. set up a comfortable sensitivity
2. if you play competitively, use a microphone
(PLEASE GOD. USE A MICROPHONE)
3. learn a couple maps offline vs. bots/in deathmatch
essential ones being: dust 2, mirage, cache, inferno
4. play with friends. experience will be much better than on your own
add CSGAF! we're not so bad
5. if you decide to play competitively, but are worried you'll get wrecked, watch some tutorials. warowl makes some real solid ones, but I haven't watched them as of late so if a few things are different here and there, i apologize

oh ya, have fun.

soultron

Banned
So did the guy that 'designed' the Howl also have a bunch of other skins? I have the Poison Dart CZ and apparently that one got removed from the same case as the Howl (despite presumably being an original design)

Pretty sure you get banned from the Marketplace and Workshop entirely, your items are removed, and you don't get any more profit sharing under the name you used when you were banned.

welcome.
1. set up a comfortable sensitivity
2. if you play competitively, use a microphone
(PLEASE GOD. USE A MICROPHONE)
3. learn a couple maps offline vs. bots/in deathmatch
essential ones being: dust 2, mirage, cache, inferno
4. play with friends. experience will be much better than on your own
add CSGAF! we're not so bad
5. if you decide to play competitively, but are worried you'll get wrecked, watch some tutorials. warowl makes some real solid ones, but I haven't watched them as of late so if a few things are different here and there, i apologize

oh ya, have fun.
ty!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It's a shame, how toxic some people can get over a game. Longstanding group member or not, this cs go drama has gone on far too long. I will not play with teammates who straight up disrespect you. Sorry for the vague rant, just sad some of us cannot get a long.

Mokoi

Banned
Okay guys, I just installed this game for the first time. What do I need to know.
Most important thing is to get rid of the default crosshair because it sucks balls. I just tried it out again, and yep it sucks balls. Changing it to default static or classic static is good starting point. Although I recommend creating your own fancy custom crosshair on this site or finding one you like on this map.
Make an autoexec, and put the crosshair settings into it.

How to Make an Autoexec file.
1. Open up notepad ++, put the crosshair settings into it, and save it naming it Autoexec.cfg
2. Then place that file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
3. Launch game, open console, type "exec autoexec" to ensure its loaded. It does it autmatically but that's how you do it!

I just kind of just copy/pasted that from this guide because I'm lazy, and if you read through it there's some useful info in it.

Omega

Banned
It's a shame, how toxic some people can get over a game. Longstanding group member or not, this cs go drama has gone on far too long. I will not play with teammates who straight up disrespect you. Sorry for the vague rant, just sad some of us cannot get a long.

While you're not talking about me I was willing to put aside the grudge I had. You didn't seem like it though

Rivitur

Banned
Fight! Fight! Fight! I'll get the mud... And a camera

De_train! I'd say C9 has the advantage in this map.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
While you're not talking about me I was willing to put aside the grudge I had. You didn't seem like it though

I did say though after our previous fallout that I would refuse to play with you based on the condescending nature of your posts towards myself and a good friend of mine. None of what I said was taken seriously, instead it was met with snark, ribbing sarcasm. It made me livid, and hell yeah, I have a grudge for it, I'm great at holding grudges. Muting you was my way of coping.

I don't need that, and sorry if you're just getting stuck in the crossfire, but I want to be on a same page as my team mates.
sappy story
Ever since we started having regulars and playing night by night, I really did enjoy the bonds and friendships I created with my team mates. Never have I felt like a part of a community like CSGO gaf, I can honestly ya'll are like brothers to me, and it sucks that sometimes relationships don't work out, but that's life. It's something that has been bubbling for a while and for it to escalate like this means I need to remove myself from the group to prevent anymore chaos amongst good friends, you guys can do better than me anyways.

Omega

Banned
I did say though after our previous fallout that I would refuse to play with you based on the condescending nature of your posts towards myself and a good friend of mine. None of what I said was taken seriously, instead it was met with snark, ribbing sarcasm. It made me livid, and hell yeah, I have a grudge for it, I'm great at holding grudges.

I don't need that, and sorry if you're just getting stuck in the crossfire, but I want to be on a same page as my team mates.
sappy story
Ever since we started having regulars and playing night by night, I really did enjoy the bonds and friendships I created with my team mates. Never have I felt like a part of a community like CSGO gaf, I can honestly ya'll are like brothers to me, and it sucks that sometimes relationships don't work out, but that's life. It's something that has been bubbling for a while and for it to escalate like this means I need to remove myself from the group to prevent anymore chaos amongst good friends, you guys can do better than me anyways.

I said the same thing about you and Saj, but we talked during the game awards and I figured I'd put differences aside since we already had 5 people. Then right off the back you're like "oh man omegas here, really wtf"

Sometimes I do take the game a little serious. I hate losing, whether it was playing for my high school sports teams, playing games against my family or anything else for that matter. That cobblestone match annoyed the hell out of me and I'm hot headed, so shit was bound to blow up.

Mayhem doesn't even know it but for awhile I couldn't stand him for a long time either. I eventually get over shit though and try to not hold grudges anymore because of a personal experience.

We might not see eye to eye and you and Shadow had your little argument but you're good friends with the rest of CSGAF, no need to remove yourself from the group because of that.

udiie

you guys can do better than me anyways.

i dont know what happened
as usual
but ill miss your nova. i wish everyone would just chill the fuck out and relax. we really dont need to get frustrated with each other, its not part of the game.
that's all i'll say on the subject.

Omega

Banned
i dont know what happened
as usual
but ill miss your nova. i wish everyone would just chill the fuck out and relax. we really dont need to get frustrated with each other, its not part of the game.
that's all i'll say on the subject.

Paul tried to give Shadow advice on how to hold B better. Shadow didn't take to kindly to the advice and they started arguing.

maybe it was good advice maybe it wasn't, I wasn't paying attention to how they were playing B.

Xizk

Losing hope in c9 after their recent performances. They need a change and I think a good one would be to replace sgares with Adren. They would get a IGL + a decent awper which is what they are lacking. They always struggle against teams with a good awper.

Ludono

I just woke up, apparently I missed everything. Seems like C9 just won, so thats good but when did their odds go from 60-40 to 74-26?????? There goes my return value :mad:

Also anywhere I can watch the All-Star match from earlier?

Yeah, terrible returns, was supposed to get like $20 value earlier this is like..... $10 :/

Kjjb.jpg

Damn..thought my Mouz bet might have come through for a while there. Good thing I only bet like 5$ worth of items.

Back from another week away for work, really wanna try get my last 2 wins to get placed but this damn cold ive caught has me feeling like shit.

Rivitur

Banned
Losing hope in c9 after their recent performances. They need a change and I think a good one would be to replace sgares with Adren. They would get a IGL + a decent awper which is what they are lacking. They always struggle against teams with a good awper.
Shoot I think IBP will hang onto Adren.

Most important thing is to get rid of the default crosshair because it sucks balls. I just tried it out again, and yep it sucks balls. Changing it to default static or classic static is good starting point. Although I recommend creating your own fancy custom crosshair on this site or finding one you like on this map.
Make an autoexec, and put the crosshair settings into it.

How to Make an Autoexec file.
1. Open up notepad ++, put the crosshair settings into it, and save it naming it Autoexec.cfg
2. Then place that file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
3. Launch game, open console, type "exec autoexec" to ensure its loaded. It does it autmatically but that's how you do it!

I just kind of just copy/pasted that from this guide because I'm lazy, and if you read through it there's some useful info in it.
okay ty!

With my ping, it''s quite easy to mistaken somebody for being shady. God I hate my ping. What looks like a super quick peek stop headshot looks like a peeking headshot without stopping in my view.

MayMay

Banned
With my ping, it''s quite easy to mistaken somebody for being shady. God I hate my ping. What looks like a super quick peek stop headshot looks like a peeking headshot without stopping in my view.

Hah, you wouldnt believe the things I see with 180-200 ping on US servers. Everyone that kills me looks like a hacker to me xD

udiie

I have no skins :(

gimme a sec
edit: good luck :)
They aren't worth much, but they're nice designs (IMO), and add a bit of life to the game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 CSGO weapon skins. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the skin you want.. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple skins on the list below. Send an individual PM for each skin you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any skins not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

- Do whatever you please with these skins, but two things:
1. This is a giveaway intended for people who don't have a whole lot of skins they like, or like the one's in the draw. If you already own a bunch for the weapons listed, consider skipping this.
2. If you lose these in a bet, don't tell me.

fN3qJ9N.png

Glock-18 | Grinder (FT) -- MB-4C5AB13810C1DB2D - Taken by CoolS. 16 entrants total.
CZ75-Auto | Tread Plate (MW) -- MB-EFED49EA31740B92 - Taken by haveheart. 10 entrants total.
AK-47 | Predator (FT) -- MB-BD4AB6C802C58AF0 - Taken by Rivitur. 12 entrants total.
USP-S | Stainless (FT) -- MB-1AD8906338CC20EC - Taken by Crakatak187. 8 entrants total.
M4A4 | Desert Storm (MW) -- MB-4CB90BE25A8A32BF - Taken by ericksakti. 11 entrants total.

t1417945222z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom