• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW fast tracking 'Flash' series (Full costume photo and casting new in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
If a TV show in the 90s could do this I'd say the show should be fine, and I loved the 90s show.

xEqhaut.gif

they would hopefully modify it to these levels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFbHF8t71IY

or to this at 2:07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzcbVdw0QIo

the flash would look sweet as hell going clock up speed

Malmorian

Since having the Flash on Arrow is inevitable, I would hope that his powers speed up over time. Going from a normal man to the fastest man in 1 day would get ya killed. Also Barry is going to be a cop? Really? How original :/

wildfire

Banned

Cool. This network has been missing out on comedy shows. Hopefully the humor in whatever Flash series they do resonates with their bread and butter audience.

maybe introduced during arrow.

I hope they don't do that.

*reads article*

I’ve learned that the network is fast tracking Flash, a drama project based on the DC character from the Arrow team of co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter.

*shrugs* Whatever. It still could be good but they could use a little diversity in their lineup. Dramatic Flash will be unconventional for comic fans.

Since having the Flash on Arrow is inevitable, I would hope that his powers speed up over time. Going from a normal man to the fastest man in 1 day would get ya killed. Also Barry is going to be a cop? Really? How original :/
Forensic scientist. Brah has always been that way.

Clevinger

Cool. This network has been missing out on comedy shows. Hopefully the humor in whatever Flash series they do resonates with their bread and butter audience.

*reads article*

*shrugs* Whatever. It still could be good but they could use a little diversity in their lineup. Dramatic Flash will be unconventional for comic fans.

They said Barry is going to be the opposite of Ollie (like, fun and not brooding).

Malvingt2

THE FLASH Will Have His Classic Costume In New CW Series; More Details Revealed

In a conference call earlier today about CW's upcoming take on The Flash, it was confirmed that Barry Allen will feature in three episodes of Arrow, starting with eight and nine (both of which will take place in Starling City). However, he will later return for number twenty and it will be that which offers fans their first look at his world, thereby serving as a backdoor pilot for his own series. "When we first meet Barry Allen, he's just a forensic scientist...an ordinary man," Kreisberg confirmed, adding that the character and series will be grounded in the same reality as Arrow. "Part of the fun for the audience is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy. Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we're approaching Barry."

As for how they are going about introducing a superpowered character to the realistic world of Arrow, Kreisberg was quick to point out that they've already thought of that and have something planned which will fit in tonally with what's come before. "There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way. The fact he has superpowers, there's something more relatable about Barry among of the Big Seven of the Justice League. He got his powers by accident; he's not a god, he's not an alien...his reactions to that feel very...human and grounded." Geoff Johns was also on hand to answer questions and had this to say about this interpretation of Barry. "We're also exploring a very personal story for Barry, life as forensic scientist and the people around him, the tragedies and how he deals with them in a very different way than Oliver Queen." He would later add that they're still working on how Barry's powers will be portrayed, but it won't be just "blurring around." It was also confirmed that The Flash will have his classic costume, with Kreisberg saying: "No sweat suits or strange code names; he will be The Flash. We want to do something fresh, new and exciting and give people a real cinematic experience the same way we did with Arrow."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=84549

Malvingt2

Oh man this is amazing! I'm so hyped. Probably best news ever. Arrow is by far my favorite show right now and it has made me enjoy Green Arrow so much more. Now they are adding my ALL TIME favorite super hero to this godly comic book show!!?? Soooo hypeeeeeddddd!

I am hyped too!!!

Penguin

I guess we can cross-post some of the stuff from the Arrow thread here

1)Grant Gustin made his debut as Barry Allen last night, and the general consensus is he nailed it.

2)Casting for the pilot has begun, it seems like Iris West may be African American in this version.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49531

3)First look at the show's logo
4BM71j0.jpg

And guess are calling the show The Flash

Ripclawe

Banned
Ernie Hudson up for role as Detective West

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=91705

At about the 4:50 mark of the Cross The Streams podcast (click here to listen), Ghostbusters' Ernie Hudson discussed his upcoming projects. "In the meantime there's a spin-off of Arrow called Flash," he said. "I'm meeting the creators next week. So, I have to prepare for that." When asked which role he was up for, Hudson replied "His adoptive dad,...or the dad of..."

Before Hudson could disclose any further information, he decides to cut himself off as to not reveal too much. "His (Barry Allen) dad has a problem," is the final morsel of info that slips from his lips. And based on Barry Allen's (Grant Gustin) debut in CW's Arrow we know that Barry's father was incarcerated for the murder of Barry's mother. So, if we take Ernie Hudson's information, and a casting call that Bludhaven Banter posted it's pretty safe to assume that Hudson is up for the role of Detective West, Iris' father.

DETECTIVE WEST – Late 40s to Early 50s – African American – Detective West is an honest, blue-collar cop who’s seen it all. A soulful, funny caring father to Iris, and a surrogate father to Barry, West came up through the foster system himself. He took in Barry after his mother’s murder and his father’s imprisonment. He believes in Barry and supports Barry’s efforts to prove his father’s innocence.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=91705#LFFKLt4wF2z8CB4B.99

Love how CW's giving lead roles to African american actors/actresses. Especially when the characters either weren't a person of color or didn't exist all together.

Ernie Hudson seems like a great cast.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://moviehole.net/201371399exclusive-vibe-to-appear-in-the-flash-series

Like sister series “Arrow”, The CW’s “The Flash” plans to surround it’s central character with a few familiar faces from it’s comic origins.

Word is Hispanic hero Cisco Ramon aka ‘Vibe’ will be fighting crime alongside senor speedy on the David Nutter-directed pilot.

In his 20s, the cheeky Ramon fought his underprivileged upbringing to become one of the smartest, most talented chaps around; when it comes to mechanical engineering, there’s nobody better. Somewhat of a metahuman, the guy’s main power is his ability to emit powerful vibratory shock waves.

In the comics, Ramon would ultimately inherit a place in the ‘Justice League of America’.

It’s rumoured that the character, should he prove popular, could become a regular on the series.

“The Flash” begins filming in Vancouver in March.

ReiGun

Vibe? Someone find Rafa!

This could actually be interesting if he's based on New 52 Vibe, since that version can disrupt Flash's powers.

Ripclawe

Banned
Vibe's sonic powers enabled him to create shock waves of considerable strength. His power could shatter concrete or steel. His agility was above average(and he was a superb break-dancer). Under Batman's tutelage, Vibe became a more skilled combatant

This entire sentence made me laugh...

DieH@rd

Banned
So, Vibe has new comic book origin that is closely connected to the Darkseid.

It would be awesome if they could slowly introduce him as ultimate villain of Arroverse in 4-5 years. :D

DieH@rd

Banned
Grant Gustin's performance on Arrow is the first time I found Barry Allen even remotely interesting, and the only accomplished that by turning him into Peter Parker.

No, Peter Parker is always fucking around with his enemies, taunting them and calling them out during fights. I dont want that in Flash tv show.

I want him to slowly evolve from clumsy nerd into superhero into more grown up and respectful man.

but the cg is going to be shitty

Considering what was done with super speed in Smallville I think they'll manage just fine with the further advances that have taken place since. Even the 90s Flash did a okay job even if it was a touch cheesy with the speed up the video trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom