• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW fast tracking 'Flash' series (Full costume photo and casting new in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

What kind of relationship does Barry have with this Captain Cold fellow? He's often mentioned in conjunction with Flash.

Captain Cold is often the de facto leader of the Rogues, a group of Flash villains. Originally, he forms the group when he and the other villains realize they don't stand a chance against the Flash alone. Over time, they become a surrogate family to one another. The whole thing is that they are a band of thieves with a code of honor. Cold and his boys are not insane or want to take over the world like other villains; they're blue collar types who just want to make money and get on with their lives. They watch each other's backs and have a no kill policy; they'll flat out abandon a job if it puts innocent lives in danger. They won't even kill the Flash, despite knowing that they could do it with a team effort.

I haven't read much Flash stuff, but I love the Rogues in everything I've seen them in and they're a big reason I'm excited for this show.

dubq

What kind of relationship does Barry have with this Captain Cold fellow? He's often mentioned in conjunction with Flash.

He's one of Flash's main arch-enemies/rogues.

Captain Cold is often the de facto leader of the Rogues, a group of Flash villains. Originally, he forms the group when he and the other villains realize they don't stand a chance against the Flash alone. Over time, they become a surrogate family to one another. The whole thing is that they are a band of thieves with a code of honor. Cold and his boys are not insane or want to take over the world like other villains; they're blue collar types who just want to make money and get on with their lives. They watch each other's backs and have a no kill policy; they'll flat out abandon a job if it puts innocent lives in danger. They won't even kill the Flash, despite knowing that they could do it with a team effort.

lol tell that to
Bart Allen

I haven't read much Flash stuff, but I love the Rogues in everything I've seen them in and they're a big reason I'm excited for this show.

That actually sounds like the perfect group of villains for the more lighthearted and whimsical Barry.

I guess Thawne will be the one who brings the darkness to the series.

- Deadline: Candice Patton Cast In CW Pilot ‘The Flash’
EXCLUSIVE: Candice Patton (The Game) has been cast opposite Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen aka The Flash (Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Patton, repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency and Cirrincione & Associates, will play Iris West, Allen’s fast-talking, quick-witted best friend who is also the daughter of Detective West (Martin), who serves as a surrogate father to Barry. Patton joins recently cast Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker.

ilxNJzO.png

gazele

Banned
So does that mean Wally west (if he shows up, and since johns is on this that's probably a big no) will be black?

Donald glover would be awesome for that or miles morales (?) ultimate spider man, basically Donald glover should be a super hero

DaveH

She looks different in this picture:
4aoW73H.jpg
Photoshop or?

Either way, she's lovely and I'm glad Smallville set the welcome precedent of replacing red-heads with hot non-Caucasian actors while remaining a strong franchise. A beautiful woman is going to be embraced just like Kruek was. That said, I still have a thing for red heads and wonder when or if we'll see one again in an on-going.

One more casting now from THR: CW's 'Flash' Adds Broadway Player in Super-Smart Role
Carlos Valdes will play the series regular role of Cisco Ramon, a mechanical engineering genius and the youngest member of the team of scientists at STAR Labs. Born in a lower-income family, Cisco's brains and talent helped him reach his potential. He is loyal and eager and provides the comic relief in contrast to his stiff co-workers. Best part: He is as much of a comic book fanboy as Barry.

s9QkC8Mt.jpg

I'm liking all these castings so far. There are more people of color on this show than most of the shows I watch combined. I love that.

ISOM

4aoW73H.jpg
Photoshop or?

Either way, she's lovely and I'm glad Smallville set the welcome precedent of replacing red-heads with hot non-Caucasian actors while remaining a strong franchise. A beautiful woman is going to be embraced just like Kruek was. That said, I still have a thing for red heads and wonder when or if we'll see one again in an on-going.

And people were saying where are all the wm/bw couples on tv. Right in front of your face is where. And not a side character couple either.

4aoW73H.jpg
Photoshop or?

Goddamn.

DieH@rd

Banned
Visor.... is little controversial choice. But also realistic.

That's the best solution for protecting eyes at fast speeds, but did he ever used that in comics?

Penguin

Visor.... is little controversial choice. But also realistic.

That's the best solution for protecting eyes at fast speeds, but did he ever used that in comics?

Naw
But makes sense

Protects eyes

And for... practical purposes allows him to act with his full face for the most part

Nice. I like the sound of that. I really like Flash' personality on the cartoon show. He was a goof - the comic relief - but he also had a humanity when trying to reason with villains which chracaters like Batman rarely let slip. Hope they have something like this in the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQ-h_2WGkw

I think it's a mistake to make Iris West black. It's so stupid to change the race of a character. Why not just create a brand new love interest instead? I would be pissed if they change Linda's race if she ever shows up.

ReiGun

Damn, he needs to come back to Starling and get on the Queen workout plan w/ Oliver and Sarah. His abs are so lopsided, he needs a coach to make sure he works evenly and symmetrically.

Bruh needs to get on that salmon ladder.

she loves the selfie....

http://instagram.com/p/jfO0wlRbyz/

and she is thanking the Flash Fans

https://twitter.com/candicekp

ibsps8IGieKbWD.jpg

b1474dba83b411e3a27d122421dbd760_8.jpg
This woman could have everything I own and a few vital organs if she so desired.

I think it's a mistake to make Iris West black. It's so stupid to change the race of a character. Why not just create a brand new love interest instead? I would be pissed if they change Linda's race if she ever shows up.

It's worked out well for Kingpin (Daredevil movie), Lex Luthor (DCAU) & Nick Fury (Ultimate Marvel & MCU). No reason it won't be the same here. Race is not something that defines most characters. It changes nothing about who they are, just how they look.

Would it have really mattered if The Joker was hispanic? or if Aquaman was actually an Islander or Bruce Banner was Half Asian?

I never understood why the Flash was portrayed (in some comics) as a buffed up beefcake. To me (kinetic) speed goes hand in hand with super high metabolism, burning lots of calories and a lean physique.

It's worked out well for Kingpin (Daredevil movie), Lex Luthor (DCAU) & Nick Fury (Ultimate Marvel & MCU). No reason it won't be the same here. Race is not something that defines most characters. It changes nothing about who they are, just how they look.

Would it have really mattered if The Joker was hispanic? or if Aquaman was actually an Islander or Bruce Banner was Half Asian?
Just out of curiosity, what ethnicity do you think Lex Luthor (DCAU) is?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Lex was not black in the DCAU. Neither was Harvey Dent. Bruce Timm always wondered why fans would ask that, but he admitted that he probably made their skin tone a shade too darker than he intended.

dubq

Damn, he needs to come back to Starling and get on the Queen workout plan w/ Oliver and Sarah. His abs are so lopsided, he needs a coach to make sure he works evenly and symmetrically.

This post p.much sums up what is wrong with this thread and the Arrow thread. o_O

Nesotenso

when did that happen? I always thought he was white. Candace is really pretty. Having said that I really prefer having my favorite characters not being racebent. Heimdal? no issue. Someone like Spidey or Daredevil or Batman? no I don't want to see that. same goes for female Doom. That is a terrible idea.

when did that happen? I always thought he was white. Candace is really pretty. Having said that I really prefer having my favorite characters not being racebent. Heimdal? no issue. Someone like Spidey or Daredevil or Batman? no I don't want to see that. same goes for female Doom. That is a terrible idea.
Iris West has a fan base?

Some of the main comic book characters have been a particular ethnicity for so long (nearly 80 years for Superman) that it'd be weird for them to be anything else.

ReiGun

Iris West has a fan base?
Don't you know? Of all the poor man's Lois Lane characters, she's the choicest! ;)

(DCAU) Lex always looked and sounded Black to me.
Maybe he wasn't intended that way, but he sure looked it.

Yeah, you're right, he was obviously very white.... my bad.
He's just a really tan white dude. But you aren't the only person who thought he was black. I know I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom