• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony |OT| Monokuma's Battlegrounds

NotLiquid

drot1mel79.png

drotfixcwst1.png

SPOILER ETIQUETTE: Due to the nature of this series, frequent plot twists and character deaths are an integral part of Danganronpa, and this is especially the case with V3. Because of this, please be elaborate about tagging your spoilers and specify what part of the game you are spoiling.

BAD EXAMPLE:
I'm going to guess that
Doraemon
is the killer in Chapter 4 because he was conspicuously absent from the scene where
Hello Kitty
finds the bloody knife.

GOOD EXAMPLE:
(Chapter 4 Trial Part 2 Spoiler)
Holy shit, Rilakkuma was the mastermind all along!

drot2e4s9t.png

drot3ktkth.png

h1tckbm.png

drot4u5klg.png

drot54ikxi.png

drot69fj31.png

drot7i7jwt.png

drot8fdka9.png

drot10awudi.png

NotLiquid

Sorry if this OT is in a slightly half-baked format - up until recently the OT was unclaimed in spite of the game releasing in a few hours and the game already being in the hands of many people so this was the best I could do (most of it being assets from NISA's website). If there's anything more I can do to the OT, let me know.

NeatoKuni

tomorrow can't come fast enough!!
wow also great work on the ot, i saw you started making it like 2 seconds ago in the review thread lmao

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to reach another voice-heavy cutscene, but 1.01 patch is up on Vita & that was the version that was suppose to fix the voice quality.

1.01 (118MB)
- Fixes an error that halted game progression
- Fixes various text issues

Meanwhile, hit my first free time in Ch. 1. Time to focus on Miu.

LProtag

Finally dusted off the Vita and got it charged. Ready for when I get out of work tomorrow.

Haven't played a good VN in a while, so I'm excited to see what this has to offer. I haven't really followed any news at all, so I have no idea what to expect. Just looked at the cast of characters now.

Great OT!

Excited to dig into this game tomorrow.

Was also pleasantly surprised to see Spike Chunsoft/NIS backed off their streaming/youtube ban for this game. Atlus should take some hints.

TP

You did a fine job, it looks nice.

PC should be included under platforms, it's releasing on the same day this time. At midnight PST

Despite my apprehension from the demo, I decided to buy this anyway because a mainline series moving onto an exclusively female protagonist is a very rare move and I want to be appreciative of that.

Ferrio

Banned
I was late the party for the other two games, but I'm here on release for this one. Even if it disappoints I'm happy I get to play another Danganronpa.

I'm dying to find out why this is so controversial.
Only 12 more episodes of the DR3 anime seasons and I'll be all caught up and ready for this.

BTA

Letting myself start in a couple hours, once I finish the second to last route in Collar x Malice.

Really happy that voice patch is up already. Gonna try to play a ton this week, hopefully without burning myself out or being spoiled. I've been spoiled for a couple things that make me think I know what one of the bigger twists might be when put together, but I know nothing beyond that or anything about the murders (which I was spoiled for a few of for DR2, after blindingly reading 1's LP as it happened) so I'm excited. I know that'll likely change right now as more people play it but... just gonna do my best to be careful and enjoy it.

NotLiquid

You did a fine job, it looks nice.

PC should be included under platforms, it's releasing on the same day this time. At midnight PST

Oh whoops, I didn't even notice that it wasn't mentioned on NISA's website.

Fixed to the best of my abilities.

Meia

Cannot hear "Don't forget to save regularly" in any other voice but Monomi's. Thank you english dub for putting that in my head... ><

Want to do steam, but with so many games coming out, picking this up at best buy instead tomorrow, can't wait.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So the Vita version is fine?
It should be, yes, the 1.01 patch is up now. Remember to go into Options & turn the volume for voices up to help.

Hmm, alongside the item you get from having save data from the demo, I've gotten a few other items that state "You can give it away, but something good might happen if you keep it." I wonder if that means a special cutscene will happen during a specific chapter or while talking to someone. I know DR1 & 2 each had their own special "have this item to trigger a cutscene" item, but I have about 5 presents that state that.

GSR

It should be, yes, the 1.01 patch is up now. Remember to go into Options & turn the volume for voices up to help.

Hmm, alongside the item you get from having save data from the demo, I've gotten a few other items that state "You can give it away, but something good might happen if you keep it." I wonder if that means a special cutscene will happen during a specific chapter or while talking to someone. I know DR1 & 2 each had their own special "have this item to trigger a cutscene" item, but I have about 5 presents that state that.

Re: those items: (just an explanation of what they do, no story spoilers)
yes, they trigger special scenes. Generally the way it happens is if you talk to someone outside of free time and they react and invite you to go somewhere, that means it's a special item cutscene.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
yes, they trigger special scenes. Generally the way it happens is if you talk to someone outside of free time and they react and invite you to go somewhere, that means it's a special item cutscene.
Ahh, okay. I figured, but considering how many there were, I was fearing I was gonna have to constantly keep checking. Thankfully, I try to talk to everyone aside from when all 15 characters are in the same room.

Guys........the most important decision to make in a video game ever....during Miu's free time.....WHAT DO I CHOOSE.......

>Is having big boobs that great?
>Boobs are just lumps of fat!
>My boobs are pretty big!

....but seriously, Miu has been fantastic, even more than what the demo let on.

..........I just jinxed myself, didn't I.....

Zeroro

Ahh, okay. I figured, but considering how many there were, I was fearing I was gonna have to constantly keep checking. Thankfully, I try to talk to everyone aside from when all 15 characters are in the same room.

Guys........the most important decision to make in a video game ever....during Miu's free time.....WHAT DO I CHOOSE.......

>Is having big boobs that great?
>Boobs are just lumps of fat!
>My boobs are pretty big!

....but seriously, Miu has been fantastic, even more than what the demo let on.

..........I just jinxed myself, didn't I.....

Part of the fun with the DR franchise is knowing that your faves will almost certainly be killed off!

I'm 0 - 2 with my favorites in each cast making it to the end. Don't fail me now, Hoshi.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Got my Vita version from BB today. Downloading patch. Will report back re: English voices ASAP.
So the voices are definitely easier to hear. I'm not convinced yet whether it's because the quality is better or because they just increased the max volume. I'm 80/20 that the quality is higher. You should bump up the voice volume a bit before beginning anyway.

Side notes:
The cutscenes are suuuuper compressed.
I think they fixed that "with" -> "will" error in the opening cutscene that I think people mentioned. That's probably the text fix mentioned in the patch notes.

Ulong

Other then potentially audio quality and cutscene quality are the vita and ps4 versions identical in every aspect?

My copy won't be here until tomorrow unfortunately, kind of sucks since I have to work. Maybe I'll just pick it up before hand and bring it with me lol.

Oh right, here's a pic of the LE content:

The pre-order CD is 10 tracks while the one included with the LE is 24.

Are the headphones as crappy as I expected them to be? At the very least they don't look like they'd be comfortable to wear.

Gradon

After finishing V3 a week ago, it's my favourite in the series. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions, it's amazing.

do i need to watch the dr3 anime to be able to play this? i just marathoned the ass game known as ultra despair girls and need to know how much more danganronpa adjacent content i need to have context for, i don't need to read zero or anything right?

also the anime is cool so far i guess, granted im only on despair 1 rn lmao

Please tell me those scxnes are SFW. I can't tolerate another Hyoko shower scene.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are the headphones as crappy as I expected them to be? At the very least they don't look like they'd be comfortable to wear.
They're.....fine, but a bit muted. I have rather decent $70 bluetooth ones, so the difference to me is way more noticeable.

do i need to watch the dr3 anime to be able to play this?
No, the anime is meant to be a prequel to DR2 & finish the story that was started in DR1. This is completely separate from the other games.

They're.....fine, but a bit muted. I have rather decent $70 bluetooth ones, so the difference to me is way more noticeable.

No, the anime is meant to be a prequel to DR2 & finish the story that was started in DR1. This is completely separate from the other games.

but i keep hearing that but also i've seen people state this game relies heavily on shit through the series? eh whatever, i've played dr1 and dr2 and that should be enough context for this game? not that i'd know ofc, i haven't played it yet and am going off randos on reddit

UberTag

Is this going up on the PSN store at midnight?
Doesn't look that way. This is what you see when attempting to pre-order for PS4.

"Play on 09/26/2017 11am Eastern Time"

So yeah... we're stuck waiting until tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have time to squeeze in a Vita download before I jet off to work.

Top Bottom