• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony |OT| Monokuma's Battlegrounds

TRIAL 6

NOOOOOOOO WHY IS THIS HAPPENING. TSUMUGI FOR THE LOVE OF ATUA REFUTE. PLEASE. LET IT BE JUNKO AGAIN OR SOMETHING. Closing Argument this early?... "Cuz it's always been her" I KNOW, RIGHT?

Oh hey, it's Junko Enoshima!
VJCM0b3.gif

So that's totally Tsumugi cosplaying as her... but why? :( Why Tsumugi.... At least the new sprites are cool.I AM ONE OF TSUMUGI'S FANS.

So that's the "difference" between the books and their memories? Hmmm. Okie dokie Kokichi wasn't a Remnant of Despair, just an asshole, cool. Yeah so everything is a lie. This fake Junko only has one other personality (Tsumugi) huh....

DON'T PLAY WITH HAJIME'S LOOK. And he was the main character and played a key role in the story... but only DR1 matters I guess. Actually, "I'm me. No one else" is something he actually says in the game, right? Mahiru :0 Kaito! I mean, Kazuichi!. Lol at the clothes, I guess an Ultimate Cosplayer makes sense as the mastermind, but Tsumugi was one of my faves....

Hope's Peak is.... fake? GODDAMIT DANGANRONPA!!
Y'know, this is actually kind of interesting. The whole DR series exists just as an history in the "real" world and maybe some crazy fan tried to replicate it. I think as long as I think of normal DR series and DRV3 as different "worlds" I'm okay with it.

TRIAL 6

LOOOOOL The real audience. "My husbando Shuichi" GUYS THAT'S ME!!
"We created this Ultimate Real Fiction so Danganronpa could fulfill that need" Okay but, their Ultimate talents and backstories are fake then, right? Things like Kirumi being Prime Minister, Kiyo's seance with his sister telling him to kill and even Maki's backstory are too weird for a real world.

What season? Third season I guess? Waaaait, so that means Rantaro was one of the survivors of previous real world killing games?! That's scary to think... 53rd?! So that's what V3 was about? LOL All these parodies hahaha.
I can't believe this is really happening
giphy.gif

Maybe it's for the better if DR isn't recognized worldwide :p It was you, Team Danganronpa! OH SO OUR CAST FAKE? Didn't catch that, I was indeed wondering why we had the DR style while the real world had actually real world style. Darn it now I'm not sure what to think D: Oh okay, the actual cast is "fictional" but they were indeed normal people. I was right for thinking they were normal people and they were just given their talents and backstory!! So that's why Rantaro meant by "you wanted to participate in this" or something like that. Geeez that Shuichi flashback D: Kaede's and Kaito's too... Hey, Junko is using her other personalities! That piano music... BAD END?? This won't end here! I WILL REMEDY THIS SITUATION!

Taruranto

Chapter 3 end

Kinda feels like they are scrapping for motives and murder methods... I would have preferred if Korekiyo had lived and the murder was someone else. I didn't even like his character, but It would have shacked the formula a bit.

So I'm currently doing the chapter 3 investigation and
I knew something like this would happen since every Danganronpa game's 3rd trial has two victims. I'm just upset/sad it was Tenko since I grew to really like her, but she was giving off so many death flags that I prepared myself for the possibility of her dying. I'm going to miss Tenko's relationship with Himiko. Hopefully, Himiko starts to be more outgoing/independent since it's what Tenko would have wanted :'(

I'm pretty sure I know who the culprit is (So far I've been 2 for 2 in figuring out who the killer is in this game)
Edit: I just finished the investigation
and I'm sure that the culprit is either Kiyo, Himiko or Keebo but I refuse to believe it's Himiko because that would break my heart.
So I'm going with Kiyo especially since the murderer is always someone who had their ultimate lab recently opened

TRIAL 6 END

NOOOOO I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS KEEBO. I can't check my report card :( "You've had a unique role" Yeah you were in the promo art too! Ultimate Hope Robot lol Hmm I think given the circumstances, I'd probably choose to sacrifice Keebo and remain in the academy. Man I doubt Himiko will be the one to sacrifice herself :/ Maki don't do it D:

OH SNAP Battle against Shuichi! He brings a good point about the Ultimate Survivor, tho. Not voting?.... I think that's a smart way to approach it but don't die pls. Aaaaaand we're back to Shuichi! WE WILL REJECT DANGANRONPA!

That sequence with Himiko and Maki was pretty darn hype, I always love this kind of moments. I admire them for being willing to sacrifice themselves. Noooo Keebo D: That's not fair... GEEZ That last mini-game, there was some good dialogue like the Kaede one lol Of course there wouldn't be any votes! Craaaap are all of them really dying??? Nooooo don't do it please please please pleaseeeeee. Copy cat criminal?

Here it comes :(
That rock gotta hurt! And goodbye Keebo and the others by off-screen death... Is this really it? There's gotta be something after the credits, like they're alive or something. I feel empty like this :/

YES!! :D I did wanted you guys to live! So awesome, an open ending about what will await them in the outside world.
AVrJJ_s-200x150.gif

Overall I'd say I loved this game.
Shuichi was the best. There were some good twists and I liked how the plot was going, certainly went into a different direction when they revealed the DR series connections. The executions were overall pretty despair-ish and I loved that. The only culprit that kinda felt-off was Kiyo. Tsumugi as the mastermind really hurt my soul :( but they used her talent pretty well imo. I'm now not so sure to complete her FTE in the extra mode... lol
Let's check young Miguel's predictions about this game
I'll try and guess these could be this game's survivors:

Kaede - Kokichi - Maki - Miu - Kaito (and maaaaaybe Ryoma if there's 6 survivors)
Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif
Certainly didn't expect the game to end with only 3 survivors, and for one of them to be Himiko (probs my least liked) lol That's bad luck, but hey at least I got Maki right I guess. And both she and Shuichi survive <3

Probably best DR game guys. At least DR2 and DRV3 are at the top.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So.....looks like we've just been through the biggest, most awful, most tragic event in NeoGaf history. The Ultimate Despair if you will. It's kind of up to us to be the Ultimate Hope from here on, you know?

Anyways....I'm on chapter 5 investigation and this game is seriously picking up now.

So.....looks like we've just been through the biggest, most awful, most tragic event in NeoGaf history. The Ultimate Despair if you will. It's kind of up to us to be the Ultimate Hope from here on, you know?

Anyways....I'm on chapter 5 investigation and this game is seriously picking up now.

I wanna make a joke about this, but you'll have to finish the game first.

FDC1

small question about a character's bond, chapter 2, minor spoiler, no story related:

I'm early in chapter 2. I wanted to max Maki's bond first to get her class trial skill. During free time, she's in front of her ultimate student room and it seems we can't spend time with her at this point. Can you confirm there is no way to get her skill this early?
Thanks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
small question about a character's bond, chapter 2, minor spoiler, no story related:

I'm early in chapter 2. I wanted to max Maki's bond first to get her class trial skill. During free time, she's in front of her ultimate student room and it seems we can't spend time with her at this point. Can you confirm there is no way to get her skill this early?
Thanks.
I want to say you'll have to wait until the next chapter. Sometimes, certain chapters will prevent you from bonding with certain characters.

That's all I'll say.

FDC1

I'm not sure I want to talk more about it for now lol. I suppose
she's involved one way or the other in Chapter 2 murder
. Don't tell me more guys.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well that's that. Ok. Um. Ok. Alrighty then. I don't know how I feel. SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL I DON'T UNDERSTAND

You know what? I can get behind this ending. I'm left more satisfied than I was at the end of DR2.

Well that's that. Ok. Um. Ok. Alrighty then. I don't know how I feel. SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL I DON'T UNDERSTAND

You know what? I can get behind this ending. I'm left more satisfied than I was at the end of DR2.

Totally. DR2's ending was the worst "fuck you player" I remember in recent gaming, besides perhap's ZTD's.

Lusankya

Can I get this monokub out and get my S rank? Vita is in hibernation while I figure this out.

Sorry, this will be difficult. The 3 on the top right can only be flipped once, so it will never be a 1 and you can't remove it with them.
Also I couldn't figure out how to turn the 2 below said 3 into a 3, so imho this 3 block can never be removed.

Vigamox

For the ~ 3 people still in the OT, I've been watching Sirlionheart's playthrough of V3 and right now he's getting to the good part (just cleared Chapter 5). It's entertaining to watch his reactions to stuff and I can't wait to see him during Trial 6 lol
If you're really interested you can see his thoughts on his Twitch where he already beat the game.
Spoilers of his reaction to the last case,
seemed like he was really liking the game, but he really didn't like the twist.

Sorry, this will be difficult. The 3 on the top right can only be flipped once, so it will never be a 1 and you can't remove it with them.
Also I couldn't figure out how to turn the 2 below said 3 into a 3, so imho this 3 block can never be removed.

Yeah I gave up on it after a while and despaired.

Had another game at 4500 points and had the last monokub and fish both unobtainable :(

I'll get it eventually...

EDIT: I DID IT

Just gotta grind out the board game and RPG mode which is just a matter of time and the platinum is mine.

Top Bottom