• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Matter: Season 3 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Deimos

They need to give Android an upgrade because it's been at least twice that she's been circumvented to gain ship access.
The new firmware doesn't support her model XD ..................
You think that's cheap, check out the CPU coolers on the anti-grav unit, lol:

..even funnier, one of them is the super cheap Antec cooler that I used on my old Phenom II back in the day.

..stretch those budgets.

Bless Canadian TV.

Can't wait, those are always some of my favorite episodes in sci fi.

I'm really surprised that pod stuff isn't used more in Dark Matter, seems an easy way to zip around the universe getting shit done.

Blackage

Looks like I was wrong about the Sara - Android angle, but she still seemed to know something about 3's past.

Enjoyed the fight between 2 and 4.

The conflict between 4 and the Raza Crew is more interesting than any of the corporate warfare stuff.

5 coming thru again to save the gang.

Rio being the main antagonist of the story this season has been good for it. I doubt he can ever come back into the fold with his Empire hanging over his head, but you can see clearly the conflict is there.

I really miss seeing him play off all the others, but they've really written the character into the corner where it's true the conflict between Rio and the Raza crew can only end one way, and we all know what that is. :( The show is not shy about killing off characters.

Rio being the main antagonist of the story this season has been good for it. I doubt he can ever come back into the fold with his Empire hanging over his head, but you can see clearly the conflict is there.

I really miss seeing him play off all the others, but they've really written the character into the corner where it's true the conflict between Rio and the Raza crew can only end one way, and we all know what that is. :( The show is not shy about killing off characters.

Yeah, it was a nice reminder of the dynamic he had with the crew when he was onboard.

GavinUK86

Any chance that this show and Killjoys will be renewed for a season 4?

Hopefully.

Neither are blowing anything out of the water with ratings but they have their small, but vocal, cult followings.

Wynonna Earp got renewed so I can't see why they'd stop Dark Matter and Killjoys.

Crazier things have happened though.

*crosses fingers*

Oh cool, Dark Matter has an afterhours show on SyFy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCVKBk4fpOA

edit: With fake audience background noise, hahaha

I've been watching these after every episode and they're pretty fun tbh. Nice to hear from the cast.

I should add the link to the OP really.

Lots of intriguing reveals with Android and 2 in the episode.

Also liked the little flashbacks Victor allowed Android to see. The way 3 casually kept eating while 2 took over the Raza was great.

Whoever said they should put Sara's mind into an android body was correct. It looked like at the end there, Victor has sinister plans for her though.

RS4-

Not enough Android.

Curious to see what'll happen next. And why doesn't the Raza have some sort of safe word/challenge code with other allies. Don't want the alt-crew to take advantage again like the last time when they used Mikkei.

SRG01

Can anyone tell me what happened during that third flashback? I couldn't understand the implication of it...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Can anyone tell me what happened during that third flashback? I couldn't understand the implication of it...
Plot point for a future episode. Going off the preview for next week
they go to a super soldier factory, maybe that's what the flashback was about.

Oh cool, Dark Matter has an afterhours show on SyFy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCVKBk4fpOA

edit: With fake audience background noise, hahaha

Woaaaah, Anthony Lemke's voice is completely different from his character Three! I've never seen him in anything else, so this kind of blew my mind. Reminded me of when I saw a behind the scene thing with Jamie Bamber/Lee from Battlestar Galactica and realized he was British about 3 seasons in.

Woaaaah, Anthony Lemke's voice is completely different from his character Three! I've never seen him in anything else, so this kind of blew my mind. Reminded me of when I saw a behind the scene thing with Jamie Bamber/Lee from Battlestar Galactica and realized he was British about 3 seasons in.

I was shocked by 3's voice as well. 4 has a much different speaking voice as well.

Weird but cool episode, not a fan of Victor - actor or character - but everyone else killed it. It reminded me a LOT of a Star Trek TNG Data episode, stylistically and story wise.

I think Android should adopt a dog and name it Spot.

The Hobo

It's a shame the show doesn't have the budget to match the ideas. The war between the corporations doesn't have the presence it should due to us not being able to see any of their battles.

Same with the Zairon war. We're only ever told about the losses it's fleet has suffered, never shown how those losses occured.

The show is really good despite that, but it would be nice to have a little more.

Damn, that was a crazy episode.
What the hell was alternate universe Boone doing there though?

I'm guessing looking for the Raza crew, not sure how he was able to track them though.

Alien invasions, corporate war, android revolution - show has a lot of things going on now. I'm curious to see how the final few episodes this season play out.

The Hobo

It happened last season when they broke into Dwarf Star to find new nanites for Two but were captured. Three was interrogated using some weird tentacled creature, which was revealed to have possessed him. They jetissoned it off the Raza via airlock.

Boobs

android just slays me

alt-Boone was capturing 2 to deliver her to Captain Beardy of the GA or one of the corps, can't remember who exactly he is but alt-2 and alt-Boone met with him in the last episode or two, he's kind of a fat guy who looks like he is always sick of the shit going on around him. Its pretty weird that alt-Boone managed to show up at the facility in some sort of cloaked ship right in time to take 2 though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BIG PREVIEW SPOILERS:
Sucks that Ryo is sticking around. Wish they would kill him and nuke Zairon out of the show or at the very least wipe his memories so he can go back to being 4. The Zairon plot lines are just dragging my enjoyment of the show down.

Yeah, lots of good stuff to work with if they get another season. If they don't then it'll just be a disappointing tease :(

I'm semi-confident the show will. I haven't been following the ratings in comparison to last season, but it seems like the fan community is active. At least on Twitter. They have a good thing going with their Friday night lineup and I can't imagine it costs much for the shows.

BIG PREVIEW SPOILERS:
Sucks that Ryo is sticking around. Wish they would kill him and nuke Zairon out of the show or at the very least wipe his memories so he can go back to being 4. The Zairon plot lines are just dragging my enjoyment of the show down.

Based on the events of last episode, I think you got your wish at least when it comes to Zairon.

Started Season 01 a few days ago.
Is it like Stargate or similar shows where one episode has a seperate story?

And was wondering why the japanese guy is played by a guy from the Phillipines.

SRG01

Started Season 01 a few days ago.
Is it like Stargate or similar shows where one episode has a seperate story?

And was wondering why the japanese guy is played by a guy from the Phillipines.

I think one of the Stargate writers/producers is on this show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom