• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Matter: Season 3 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adree

I love how weird the tone shifts in this series can be. It's hard to mess up a time loop episode and they didn't disappoint.

Jackpot

Banned
Ryo's scenes are closer to what I wanted from them - a different perspective rather than a cardboard cutout villain.

RS4-

Can never go wrong with more Android.

Really enjoy how the show manages to have the right amount of funny bits along with everything else.

TDLink

The guy who has replaced Tabor (whose name I don't even know) is an absolutely terrible actor.

Both of these last two episodes I'm astounded by how bad he is.

That was a lot of fun, initially forgot about these other versions of them since it's been a while since last season.

Spinoff starring the android twins when?

Haha! That moment was great lol.

Also loved our android kicking ass after Portia tried to shut her down.
And then Five shooting the other Boone lol.

I love how weird the tone shifts in this series can be. It's hard to mess up a time loop episode and they didn't disappoint.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the loop. Agreed, I love how this show can handle so many tones, even in the same episodes.

As expected Three was a ton of fun being the only one at first aware of the loop, since it's him lol, for a while getting screwed over repeatedly and many of his good attempts squandered by his own doing.
His eventual hilarious frustration and self-ribbing, like when he couldn't remember the terms and language, was so funny and well done for me that he of course reminded me of one of the best of these types of eps back in SG-1 and O'Neill's reactions lol.

Adree

I hope they didn't just blow their entire season budget on a cgi butterfly.

Love this show, it's everything that was great in SG:1 and more. It really needs a wider audience.

Violater

Canada saving the Scifi genre.
Love this series but it's tough to accept the dark turn some of the main characters took.

Last night's episode was a lot of fun, nice turns and twists courtesy of the Alt-Raza crew returning.

I guess it's not a surprise the new members of the Raza this season are exiting. Looks like 6 will be back in the next episode.

SRG01

Last night's episode was a lot of fun, nice turns and twists courtesy of the Alt-Raza crew returning.

I guess it's not a surprise the new members of the Raza this season are exiting. Looks like 6 will be back in the next episode.

Wasn't he gone for a number of episodes last season too?

We're almost halfway through and not super impressed with season 3 so far. The showrunner of dark matter (and stargate sg1/atlantis/universe too I believe), joe mallozzi, has sent out some tweets pleading for people to watch or the show will get cancelled, but honestly the show is a bit stale: most of season 3 is gonna be filler, then the last 2 or 3 episodes will be a bunch of crazy shit happening that rapidly advances the story.

I know budgets and stuff don't allow insanity every episode, but with the constant cast upheavals, the character doubles, and how spread out everyone is I'm really losing interest, fast. They really should have gone for smaller, quieter story arcs that focus hard on characters and team bonding/building so we get more involved in each character, these crazy corporate hijiink stories are generic and almost emotionless.

Wouldn't surprise me if this show ends this season, although with 12 Monkeys ending next year that would be 2 shows down and not sure how much SyFy has in the pipeline. Hopefully Killjoys is safe, that is a show I think that keeps getting better every episode.

TTBurger88

Neo Member
We're almost halfway through and not super impressed with season 3 so far. The showrunner of dark matter (and stargate sg1/atlantis/universe too I believe), joe mallozzi, has sent out some tweets pleading for people to watch or the show will get cancelled, but honestly the show is a bit stale: most of season 3 is gonna be filler, then the last 2 or 3 episodes will be a bunch of crazy shit happening that rapidly advances the story.

I know budgets and stuff don't allow insanity every episode, but with the constant cast upheavals, the character doubles, and how spread out everyone is I'm really losing interest, fast. They really should have gone for smaller, quieter story arcs that focus hard on characters and team bonding/building so we get more involved in each character, these crazy corporate hijiink stories are generic and almost emotionless.

Wouldn't surprise me if this show ends this season, although with 12 Monkeys ending next year that would be 2 shows down and not sure how much SyFy has in the pipeline. Hopefully Killjoys is safe, that is a show I think that keeps getting better every episode.

What is it with shows of Syfy lasting 3-4 seasons.

Battlestar Galactica 4 Seasons( I do feel 4 seasons was plenty but still )

Warehouse 13 4 Seasons

Eurika 5 Seasons ( A bit of a shock)

Defiance 3 Seasons

13 Monkeys 4 Seasons

Helix 2 Seasons ( This show was kinda meh to begin with )

Z-Nation Ready to Air Season 4

KillJoys Season 3 in progress

Dark Matter Season 3 in Progress

The Expanse 2 Seasons with Season 3 coming in 2018.

The Magicians 2 Seasons with Season 3 coming in 2018.

I am only counting scripted shows reality shows dont count.

With the shows listed I am kinda fully expected Z-Nation to end with Season 4.

GavinUK86

Had the title changed and updated the OP with Season 3 stuff. Better late than never right?

I was wondering, how did the mirror versions even cross universes? I thought the blink drive is what allowed the main crew to do that?

SRG01

Had the title changed and updated the OP with Season 3 stuff. Better late than never right?

I was wondering, how did the mirror versions even cross universes? I thought the blink drive is what allowed the main crew to do that?

There was a second Marauder/other ship that launched from the Raza and jumped to FTL when they returned from the alt universe.

Adree

Lol at the psvr.

Hahaha it was great.

jjXRyA8.jpg

I really hope this show survives.

wtf was that with android?

I assumed it was Sarah taking control of her and thinking about offing 3, so he would be forced to join her in the VR world. Or maybe as part of the secret thing he did in his past that she seemed to know about.

Another twisty episode, although it became clear what was happening early on. Still the final twist was nice and its good to have him back on the ship.

-Deimos

wtf was that with android?
Finally tired of Three's shit.
I assumed it was Sarah taking control of her and thinking about offing 3, so he would be forced to join her in the VR world. Or maybe as part of the secret thing he did in his past that she seemed to know about.

Another twisty episode, although it became clear what was happening early on. Still the final twist was nice and its good to have him back on the ship.
I've been wondering why they can't just download her mind into an empty android.

Mengetsu

I just finished watching this the past few days from season 1 till now. Enjoy it very much. Now I gotta wait every week for new episodes 😠

SRG01

I think it's more tied to one of the previous episodes with the Android timeskipping and her showing up as some sort of murder-bot.

edit: Especially with the Agent Zero fakeout a couple of episodes ago, and it turns out Agent Zero was the neurotoxin.

Hahaha it was great.

jjXRyA8.jpg

I really hope this show survives.

Yeah I laughed lol. Just a black spot covering where the logo would be too lol.

Me too. I still love the show.

These last couple of twisty episodes have been cool.

Also:
Three learns French lol.

I've been wondering why they can't just download her mind into an empty android.

That's the way I initially read the scene too though can't be sure. Her actions were weird though so maybe not.

I think it's more tied to one of the previous episodes with the Android timeskipping and her showing up as some sort of murder-bot.

edit: Especially with the Agent Zero fakeout a couple of episodes ago, and it turns out Agent Zero was the neurotoxin.

This is possible too.

Yeah, that was a good fake out.

Haha, nice.

Enjoying tonight's ep so far. Nice twist with the
android twist

Edit: That was a sweet fight
Nyx feels.

ROFL
"I think he's full of shi-" "The ship's..." :D
So good lol. Will never tire of this gag when done well like this. :)

Edit 2: Is that bottom sword on the rack the one from Into the Badlands? lol. Even if not it looks exactly like it, rings and all.

Ryo knows which sword is the best though for his smooth moves, one of his old ones.
Off-topic: Hope Sunny goes back to a slicker sword next season.

Ryo with that Five respect.

Looks like I was wrong about the Sara - Android angle, but she still seemed to know something about 3's past.

Enjoyed the fight between 2 and 4.

The conflict between 4 and the Raza Crew is more interesting than any of the corporate warfare stuff.

5 coming thru again to save the gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom