• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 Collectors and Prestige Editions

TreIII

Uggggh. Why is it rare that you see collector's editions with just the artbook and OST in a steelbox? As if everybody wants the statuette too...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
welp, all editions are instantly bought.

There is typically a different Japanese collectors edition right? I'll be in Japan for a couple of weeks when this comes out, and would contemplate picking that up. There shouldn't be any issues with changing the language etc to English when I play on PS4?

HowZatOZ

Banned
People seem to forget that high quality statues will cost a lot. Go look at AmiAmi and you'll see the price range on high quality figurines range in the $300-$1000. If it's from a reputable designer (read: not triforce) then it's worth that tag.

The Flash

Banned
Oh my wallet.

Prestige edition for 1800 aed (~490 USD)

8v9gWnX.gif

Zafir

People seem to forget that high quality statues will cost a lot. Go look at AmiAmi and you'll see the price range on high quality figurines range in the $300-$1000. If it's from a reputable designer (read: not triforce) then it's worth that tag.
Well, CE's often cheap out.

But besides that, I think it's more people just won't want to spend that much on a statue regardless of quality and/or designer.

Kieli

The Souls franchise is one I would buy a collector's edition for, no problem.

But I really don't want a statue...

Kieli

Tacky and pricey as fuck.

How about a collectors edition minus the damn cheaply built statue just to rack up the price?

Yeah, a statue seems to be the go-to for a collector's edition. But I don't care for statue's a whit.

I'd rather have a strategy guide, artbook, steelbook cover, music, things of that sort.

halfbeast

Banned
There is typically a different Japanese collectors edition right? I'll be in Japan for a couple of weeks when this comes out, and would contemplate picking that up. There shouldn't be any issues with changing the language etc to English when I play on PS4?

Bloodborne only had a day one edition (nice slip cover + ost) and DS3 seems to be the same (ost + map this time). as for the language, speech was english but all the text was in japanese in DS1 - I got a jp version of Bloodborne, could check if the text is still japanese only.

Might have to import whatever the Japanese one ends hp being though... Regret never getting the metal weapon set from DS2

I'd sell you my weapons if you let me keep the wooden box. :D

Retsudo

Well, collector's edition for me. Should look nice, amidst all the other Souls CE's. But that Fucking awesome Lord of CInder, hhnnngggg... It's just so expensive.

I am going to wait for a official announcement regarding the collectors and prestige edition. There is no way the prestige edition is ~$500..right?

Funny, this official Bloodborne figure made by Gecco is cheaper and almost the same size.

In this thread I learned about and immediately pre-ordered the Bloodborne figure.

I would buy a figure of just about anyone from Bloodborne. YOU HEAR ME, FROM?!

Now if only we could get a US date for the CE,,,

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

I've lived here in Japan for years. English language support varies from game to game and publisher to publisher. Japanese copies of past from software games have not fully supported playing in the English language. The voices will be in English and the main menus may, but all those item/stat descriptions etc will be in japanese. It was the same for demon's souls, dark 1 and 2 and bloodborne, so I'd advise against buying it unless you just really want the extras and will buy another copy of the game from your own region.

Top Bottom