• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 Collectors and Prestige Editions

Maddrical

I really, really hope that that pricing changes elsewhere. $490US is almost $700AUS. The Lord of Cinder figurine looks AMAZING but not $700 amazing.

Replicant

I really, really hope that that pricing changes elsewhere. $490US is almost $700AUS. The Lord of Cinder figurine looks AMAZING but not $700 amazing.

I get a feeling that's a typo. I think the price should be around 799 AED (instead of 1799 AED) which is equal to $218 US. Still don't think that figure is worth that price but if you're really into it, I guess that's not too bad?

Still no Motoi Sakuraba confirmation. :(

Kitamura is okay, but she don't bring the feels the way Sakuraba does. Hoping for another Emi Evans ending song too.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, dudes name is Lord of Cinder...?

Is that young Gwyn?

You should probably play the end of Dark Souls 1 again and you might get an idea, heh. DS3 Spoiler for why that figurine would be Lord of Cinder:
There's no hollow/human change this time, but a human/lord of cinder mode. You have to be LoC to Multiplayer etc

Its weird how so many people still know nothing about so many basic DS3 story/gameplay bits, a lot of the setup is already out there on the usual youtube guys' channels, the wikis etc.

Gxgear

The figurine is nice but not $500 USD nice. It's too bad because my usual CE-adverse self was actually tempted for a minute.

Miracle

I don't think $500 USD will fly for any game edition.

Literally the only way I would ever pay that much is if a real sword made to look like the Sword of Artorias was included.

Instead of yet another statue in a collector's edition market where it's completely saturated with.

I remember when Capcom announced a rare collector's edition for Resident Evil 6 where it included a Leather Jacket to look like Leon's in the game. Problem was, the price was no joke...$1,000!

http://kotaku.com/5900944/resident-evil-6s-ridiculous-1000-collectors-edition/

Despite how obviously grossly absurdly overpriced that is, even by leather jacket standards, AT THE VERY LEAST, it wasn't yet another statute.

I'm just annoyed now at statues being the only thing most developers/publishers can come up with in collector's editions nowadays. What happened to ones like Infamous 2's backpack? Fallout 3 lunchbox? Catherine with the underwear, Pizza box and pillow case? Give me something like that. Fallout 4's Pipboy is pretty damn cool which is why I'm getting that, and I'm also getting Zero Escape 3 Watch.

Say what you want about Call of Duty games, but at least their collector's editions are freaking amazing, and not a single one of them ever cost even half of the price THIS "prestige" edition costs.

they should offer a ce without the statue here in the states

and instead of the stupid cloth map they should include a limited edition strategy guide

Maz

The site was taken down, but here are the images showing the two editions

ynpwAwp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ynpwAwp.jpg
NEd1rOE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NEd1rOE.jpg

Kitamura did Sir Alonne though, she's damn good.

Yeah, Sir Alonne and the Ruin Sentinel were pretty epic. I just think Sakuraba grabs me much more on the emotional end. I love Nameless Song and Longing plus songs such as Dark Souls' character creation theme.

Oh, and I love this whole experience with the Moonlight Butterfly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRYRb3Zozi4

Sakuraba gave that fight a sense of beauty. I don't think I could've enjoyed this fight as much without the opera.

And there is Darks Souls 2's King Vendrick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnoZG6iCbjU Dark, dreadful, and yet can't help but feel for the poor king. I feel like the song really captured this figure well.

Anyway, like I said, I think Kitamura is okay. Her choir sounds better and she makes some pretty epic songs. I'm guessing she did the Aldia theme as well. It's got a sort of different touch to it, but it's a pretty nice song.

I really want the two editions...those statues are so good...
Prestige PS4 and Collector PC maybe...but damn the total price though...

desosav

Banned
fingers crossed this will end up being cheaper.
I remember purchasing ds2 collectors edition from amazon for 75€. Hopefully ds3 collectors edition will cost the same and prestige edition the double...
In any other case i will stick with the standard edition.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You should probably play the end of Dark Souls 1 again and you might get an idea, heh. DS3 Spoiler for why that figurine would be Lord of Cinder:
There's no hollow/human change this time, but a human/lord of cinder mode. You have to be LoC to Multiplayer etc

Its weird how so many people still know nothing about so many basic DS3 story/gameplay bits, a lot of the setup is already out there on the usual youtube guys' channels, the wikis etc.

I've gone dark on all details and videos. I checked out this thread because I wanted to see if getting it was worth it, and seeing a dude named "Lord of Cinder" was way to interesting to not ask.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
TIL Dark Souls I and II were composed by Motoi Sakuraba.

waaaaat

strafer

We've had Blighttown in Dark Souls and The Gutter in Dark Souls 2.

Wonder if they'll go all out on the third one and make the biggest fucking troll level ever in the dark souls universe.

infinite mosquiotes

Manu

We've had Blighttown in Dark Souls and The Gutter in Dark Souls 2.

Wonder if they'll go all out on the third one and make the biggest fucking troll level ever in the dark souls universe.

infinite mosquiotes

Don't forget Valley of Defilement in Demon's.

Worse than anything in DS1 or 2
except the Frigid Outskirts.

correojon

I haven´t been following DS3 news as to not spoil myself, but is it known if the game features an interconnected world like DS1? The cloth map gives me hope that it does...

I haven´t been following DS3 news as to not spoil myself, but is it known if the game features an interconnected world like DS1? The cloth map gives me hope that it does...

Again, Dark Souls II had a cloth map as well.

Such a thing offers no insight into the world design. However judging from the network test it does seem like a very intertwined world. At worst it might be like Bloodborne with only a few surprising shortcuts but I expect it to be similar to Dark Souls 1's structure.

NEO0MJ

Doing a download of the 90 minute soundtrack to Bloodborne is way better than dropping several tracks to fit on a cd.

The 1 disc version of Dark Souls 2 soundtrack is terrible for cutting tracks down to just 1 minute at times to get them to fit.

Full length download or double cd, please. Middle ground is worse than either.

Oh, didn't know that.

Don't forget Valley of Defilement in Demon's.

Worse than anything in DS1 or 2
except the Frigid Outskirts.
"Have fun dealing with a level that mainly consists of poison rain and a poisonous ocean. Hope you stocked up on Royal Lotus'. Oh you think you wouldn't have to fight here well tough shit we got poise breaking giant club wielding enemies! And Guess what you can't roll while in water! and the shortcut is on the other side of the level." Fuck 5-2.

sublimit

Banned
99% of the figures inside collectors editions look very cheap and most serious figure collectors would never put them on display side by side with their stand alone figures and statues. If you want quality look at the Bloodborne statue ,that is a work of art and is worth every penny of its price.

99% of the figures inside collectors editions look very cheap and most serious figure collectors would never put them on display side by side with their stand alone figures and statues. If you want quality look at the Bloodborne statue ,that is a work of art and is worth every penny of its price.

Nice oxymoron :p

Cleve

heh, wow. I mean statues are cool for the people that want them. I just wish more CE video games stuck to the blizzard route with cool packaging, a behind the scenes dvd, a soundtrack, artbook and maybe a map or something. There's obviously a market for these statues I just don't know how heavily it overlaps with the people that just want a special edition of a game.

Top Bottom