• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Well I'm heavy dex now, like 35 in dex. I don't know what's better atm. Using my raw +5 butterfly spear, or leveling up this demon spear, It's hard to tell how good the demon spear is since everything in anor londo resists lightning (I think.)

Any tips on what weapons I should be looking for as a Dex build? I've not really begun going down a magic tree yet, but that's my next step once dex is at 40.

In addition to Booshka's recommendations, all of which are quite solid, you could consider Quelaag's Furysword. It's only got B scaling with Dex, but it also gains damage for every point of stored Humanity up to 10. It's basically a Chaos weapon that can also scale with stats, in other words.

On the magic front I'd say to go with either Pyromancy or Sorcery. Pyromancy is great for everybody because it's totally stat-independent, only the upgrade level of your flame matters. If you go that route you leave plenty of stat points free for Endurance, Vitality, or anything else you care to pump. Sorcery gets you tons of offensive power as well as Dusk's utility spells like Chameleon and Cast Light. More importantly, Sorceries aren't dependent on Covenants to the same degree that Miracles are. A Faith-based character, I think, is better suited to a later playthrough when you know where to go to join the Miracle-granting Covenants and don't need to worry as much about maintaining your membership and leveling them up to receive all the Miracles.

Being expendable makes me feel a bit better, but not much. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure I managed to cut off the Gargoyle's tail. I tried to do it. I think I did it. But I'm not positive.

As a phantom, you could partly ruin someone's playthrough by denying them weapons and armor.

It's true, you could. You'll occasionally run into somebody who just blitzes the boss with no regard for getting tail drops, or someone who doesn't wait to see who the host wants to kill first against O&S. Those people are kind of dicks, and the best solution is to just not be one of them. The overwhelming majority of people I encounter in co-op are quite conscientious about making sure to cut the boss' tail if it has one and to let the host choose who to attack first against O&S. The thing about co-op, though, is that after a fairly short time doing these things will become second nature, and cutting tails will become practically a reflex. There is not a single boss in the game whose tail I can't have lopped off within 60 seconds of the fight starting, and it's all thanks to a steady diet of jolly co-operation.

one85x

I'll usually go after Smough first if it seemed like it was the summoner's first time in Anor Londo. I know what they were thinking when Ornstein jumped down, and I'm going to help them get it.

Also somewhat related that I didn't notice until someone pointed it out:
The big elevator is for Smough and the small one is for Ornstein.

Also somewhat related that I didn't notice until someone pointed it out:
The big elevator is for Smough and the small one is for Ornstein.

:000000

I've always used the one on the left and thus never noticed this. My mind is BLOWN just a little bit

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Just beat my first invader in Anor Londo. Dude got cocky and got backstabbed, then he tried to run and get me killed by the giant knights. I just waited and got him again when he got impatient. Feels good man.

I didn't get any notice I got invaded though, which worries me.

Also, how the fuck do you kill these giant knights at the bottom of anor londo? Fuckers heal and cast magic.

Adilegian

DOUBLE EDIT: Well, I guess there's no OT for Dark Souls in the general game forum, so I'll post this here.

I'm recording my first runthrough of Dark Souls, specifically cataloging all of my deaths. I'm putting them up on YouTube for all to behold, so if you want to see someone exploring the game for the first time and dying, you might be interested!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOnr8yuDbIg&feature=related

Thanks!

mxgt

Banned
Hope bosses are more challenging now, after getting knocked off the ledge on the first attempt of Iron Golem I killed him second try without getting hit :|

On to Anor Londo, should be fun!

mxgt

Banned
DOUBLE EDIT: Well, I guess there's no OT for Dark Souls in the general game forum, so I'll post this here.

I'm recording my first runthrough of Dark Souls, specifically cataloging all of my deaths. I'm putting them up on YouTube for all to behold, so if you want to see someone exploring the game for the first time and dying, you might be interested!

Thanks!

These are great, I laughed at the Havel death mainly because I had a similar experience

Adilegian

These are great, I laughed at the Havel death mainly because I had a similar experience

Thanks! I figured that this is a special game, and I'll only get to go through it for the first time once, so I should record it as a document for myself (after beating the game) and others to enjoy in fond memories of newbness.

Havel still gets me sometimes. He's a sneaky bugger. He'll do a series of slow, telegraphed swings, then he pulls out this really fast smash outta fucking nowhere that leaves me staring at YOU DIED while he swaggers back to his corner.

scosher

Well I'm heavy dex now, like 35 in dex. I don't know what's better atm. Using my raw +5 butterfly spear, or leveling up this demon spear, It's hard to tell how good the demon spear is since everything in anor londo resists lightning (I think.)

Any tips on what weapons I should be looking for as a Dex build? I've not really begun going down a magic tree yet, but that's my next step once dex is at 40.

Go with a Rapier (rapier, estoc, or ricard's rapier) or Katana (uchigatana or iaito) or if you have 19 Str, the Murakumo. These weapons when made +15 and enchanted with Crystal Magic Weapon are easily the standouts of the Dex weapons.

Scythe is great for PvE, not so much PvP (too punishable). Daggers all around suck and are outclassed by rapiers in backstab dmg. Curved swords like Falchion are underwhelming compared to the superior katanas. Spears are good, but I find them boring honestly.

For uniques, Quelaag's Furysword is the best unique DEX weapon but like all uniques, can't be enchanted. Lifehunt Scythe is also fun, and goes well with Priscilla's Dagger for a bleed build, but you need to build your gear around it.

Wool

There is not a single boss in the game whose tail I can't have lopped off within 60 seconds of the fight starting, and it's all thanks to a steady diet of jolly co-operation.

I doubt you could cut off the Centipede Demon's tail-thing in 60 seconds. That is the most chaotic, messy boss fight in the game. I'm pretty sure when I cut it off it attacked me independently from the Centipede Demon itself.

ixix

I doubt you could cut off the Centipede Demon's tail-thing in 60 seconds. That is the most chaotic, messy boss fight in the game. I'm pretty sure when I cut it off it attacked me independently from the Centipede Demon itself.

On that one you're not even really aiming for a tail. If you cut off the arm-centipede that he thrusts at you for one of his attacks you'll get the ring. It's usually one of the first attacks he launches if you just stand near the entrance, and with a decently powerful weapon held in both hands you can cut it off as soon as he extends it. It's actually one of the fastest ones to get if you know what you're doing. The only tail that still gives me some trouble is
Priscilla's

You can also just skip cutting bits of it off entirely in that case, because you get the ring no matter what. Cutting off a limb gets it early, but if they're all intact when it dies you'll receive it anyway. It is the only tail item that's practically mandatory, after all.

pmj

Also, how the fuck do you kill these giant knights at the bottom of anor londo? Fuckers heal and cast magic.

They suck, assuming I'm thinking of the right giant knights. Their attacks track you in ridiculous ways and the shield smash can look like it's nowhere near you and you still get hit. The best way I find is to use a good shield and block their attacks. When they're done swinging, hit them back. Circling them to coax out a shield smash gives you a good opening and Greatshield of Artorias trivializes the procedure. You can also cheese them on the stairs on the sides as they'll only go up a certain distance.

You don't actually need to fight any of them though, unless you want to clear the room for summoning purposes. If not, simply run past them.

mxgt

Banned
Ugh, I accidentally fell and died in Firelink after coming back from Undead Asylum and I can't find my souls, I've looked everywhere :(

one85x

On that one you're not even really aiming for a tail. If you cut off the arm-centipede that he thrusts at you for one of his attacks you'll get the ring. It's usually one of the first attacks he launches if you just stand near the entrance, and with a decently powerful weapon held in both hands you can cut it off as soon as he extends it.
Is this actually possible? Every time I've tried, it just seems like this arm is invulnerable during the attack.

Ugh, I accidentally fell and died in Firelink after coming back from Undead Asylum and I can't find my souls, I've looked everywhere :(
Are they back at the Asylum?

For my Enchanted+5 weapon, I've narrowed it down to Longsword, Sunlight Straight Sword, Falchion and maybe a Uchigatana if I'm feeling generous and up my STR/DEX to meet the stat Req, but I don't think so

Any weapon that I might overlooked ?

I'm not really looking for weapons that require a heavy investment in STR/DEX or have a bit high of a weight.

Foffy

Banned

Thanks!

Man, this is like a traumatic sense of nostalgia...<3

ixix

Is this actually possible? Every time I've tried, it just seems like this arm is invulnerable during the attack.

You can definitely take it off. He usually does his quick long-range attack twice, then his smashy-smashy stab that's basically an invitation to cut it off. Unless you're talking about the super-long range attack, I never even try on that one because he retracts it so fast.

This Youtube video shows the basic technique, though you can probably skip the part where he gets munched on right after cutting it off. That's an optional step.

Booshka

For my Enchanted+5 weapon, I've narrowed it down to Longsword, Sunlight Straight Sword, Falchion and maybe a Uchigatana if I'm feeling generous and up my STR/DEX to meet the stat Req, but I don't think so

Any weapon that I might overlooked ?

I'm not really looking for weapons that require a heavy investment in STR/DEX or have a bit high of a weight.

Claymore, that is one of the best low requirement weapons around. Only requires 16 STR and 10 DEX and weighs 6.0 Amazing moveset, stunlocks with one to two hits and has good range. One of my favorite weapons to use.

pmj

I have one more question about co-op summoning. When summoned, I noticed that I can't use my estus flask anymore. Some bosses would definitely be hairy experiences were I to attempt them with no healing at all. One of them feels just about impossible, but then I never attempted to learn and counter its moves, instead opting to tank the fight, so perhaps there is a way.

Healing miracles might perhaps work, and I have the spells, but not enough Faith to actually use them. Is there any other way? Or is it expected that summoned players equip and use humanity as needed?

ixix

I have one more question about co-op summoning. When summoned, I noticed that I can't use my estus flask anymore. Some bosses would definitely be hairy experiences were I to attempt them with no healing at all. One of them feels just about impossible, but then I never attempted to learn and counter its moves, instead opting to tank the fight, so perhaps there is a way.

Healing miracles might perhaps work, and I have the spells, but not enough Faith to actually use them. Is there any other way? Or is it expected that summoned players equip and use humanity as needed?

Your flask is disabled, but every time the host takes a swig allied phantoms get healed as well. Hosts not knowing this was a minor epidemic in the early days of the game, but anymore it's exceedingly rare to find one who lets his phantoms die the death of a thousand cuts while tanking for him. You do occasionally run into one who isn't aware of this rather important fact, though.

Healing Miracles, Humanity, and Divine Blessings all still work for healing in phantom form. If you're the host and use any of those things your phantoms aren't healed, however, and sometimes you run into trouble with hosts who don't realize this.

pmj

Your flask is disabled, but every time the host takes a swig allied phantoms get healed as well. Hosts not knowing this was a minor epidemic in the early days of the game, but anymore it's exceedingly rare to find one who lets his phantoms die the death of a thousand cuts while tanking for him. You do occasionally run into one who isn't aware of this rather important fact, though.

Healing Miracles, Humanity, and Divine Blessings all still work for healing in phantom form. If you're the host and use any of those things your phantoms aren't healed, however, and sometimes you run into trouble with hosts who don't realize this.

Now that you mention it, I remember being "randomly" healed at one point, but less than the amount my own flasks heal. Good to know what that was about. I feel a bit more confident now.

I'm not really looking forward to it, but I'm going to get my co-op done tomorrow. Maybe I'll even have fun. Only three defeated to go!

Septimius

Now that you mention it, I remember being "randomly" healed at one point, but less than the amount my own flasks heal. Good to know what that was about. I feel a bit more confident now.

I'm not really looking forward to it, but I'm going to get my co-op done tomorrow. Maybe I'll even have fun. Only three defeated to go!

Most hosts know to take care of their phantoms. It's just really, really annoying being the host, when you summon reckless people. Yeah, fine, I can hang back and heal you, but I'm not made of these flasks.

Reminds me when this happened last to me. I had summoned someone to help me with S&O, and we'd lost tons of estus just getting there because they just plowed on. First phantom died right away, and me and the other guy kept it going until I ran out of Estus. So I was all alone, mega-Ornstein and me. No Estus. A true showdown. Only, well, he had like nearly his entire health left, and I had only a sliver.

Didn't get hit once, and actually beat him. Most intense boss fight I've had in Dark Souls.

Gaping Dragon is down! An easy fight, and he looks so badass too! :) I got an axe off of him from cutting his tail off and a key to Blight Town, so I guess that's where I am heading next. Found a couple of green titanite pieces off of the slugs, not sure on it's use, I assume to change the direction of a weapon level?

I actually might take a trip to the Blacksmith in Burg as I found a large ember in The Depths so can take my Claymore past +5. I want a lightning version of it ultimately.

Fuck I love this game, don't want to play anything else on console until I have seen everything in Dark Souls (with the exception of my daily Daytona USA session on PS3 of course!).

mxgt

Banned
Entered the Painted world before doing much else in Anor Londo, don't know if that's a good choice or not but whatever!

Woo snow, love the range of environments in this game

I just got disconnected from the game and can't connect back again now (PS3).

If I go back to the XMB I connect straight away, but if I load Dark Souls back up again I get booted straight away and can't reconnect! Are there servers issues today with the game? Anyone else having problems?

Edit: Now get a new message on the title screen saying "No response from server". I guess it's borked then.

Saya

You could raise VIT, it's still worth it to go to 50, after that the gains are diminished severely. Otherwise I would suggest ATT for more slots. If you aren't using much magic though and want to just focus on melee, take your VIT to 50.

Thanks! I will! Would it be worth it to level STR up to 99? +15 weapons should scale with that right?

edbrat

Thanks!

Havel one shotting and the desperate sprint to the fog door during the taurus demon fight made me lol.

End game spoilers

Seriously, FUCK Seath in his giant dragon butthole

I've been trying for 2hrs with him to get his goddamn tail off, I've even took his hp to half with my weapon which does 50 damage per swing on nothing but whacking at its tail but nothing. I can't even take more than one swing at him when I sprint to his back while he does his laser attack before this fuck spins around like a music album and I have to do this shit all over again

This is easily the most annoying thing in the game, even more annoying and cheap than 4K on NG+

My soul level is 68, if anyone can take it off for me while I distract him from the front I'll greatly appreciate it

scosher

Seriously, FUCK Seath in his giant dragon butthole

I've been trying for 2hrs with him to get his goddamn tail off, I've even took his hp to half with my weapon which does 50 damage per swing on nothing but whacking at its tail but nothing. I can't even take more than one swing at him when I sprint to his back while he does his laser attack before this fuck spins around like a music album and I have to do this shit all over again

This is easily the most annoying thing in the game, even more annoying and cheap than 4K on NG+

My soul level is 68, if anyone can take it off for me while I distract him from the front I'll greatly appreciate it

Let him break the crystal for you at the start of the fight. He gets stunned for 4-5 seconds or so. As soon as he starts his breath, sprint toward his back, he'll break the crystal himself, and then chop off his tail.

edbrat

Fancy trying gargoyles halberd but when I use it I get a slight stagger animation at the end of each attack, is this normal? I have 16 each for str and dex and requirements are 16/12 respectively so I don't think it is that.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Please allow me a moment to share one of my most bizarre and wonderful Dark Souls experiences with you fellow players, new and veteran alike.

Backstory: My wife sometimes watches me play games, and up until about month ago, she showed zero interest in this one. I was up to Quelaag or something, and she would just comment that it was boring or scary and leave me to it. That is, until, I finally learned how/where to start summoning phantoms and place my summon sign to become one. Once I finished Anor Londo, I think I was there for a further week before going for the Lords' souls, because after dinner it was always "aren't you gonna help people in that big place?"

Anyway, I eventually completed the game (loving every minute), and my wife's curiosity piqued. She rolled a sorceror and set out on her own little undead pilgrimage.

Now, please understand, while she can give me a thorough kicking at Puyo Puyo, she is in no way familiar with the likes of Dark Souls. Added to that, English is not her first language, and even if it was, you have to squint to make out some of the text on our puny SDTV. All-in-all, not a newbie-friendly experience.

I was peering over her shoulder through the initial sections, offering some advice and helping explain the tutorial stuff, but obviously not wanting to be too much of a passenger-seat driver (she would only get annoyed!) Fortunately, magic is pretty powerful even early on, so she was quite happy to rely on that for the most part. She's comfortable with locking on, blocking and counter-attacking, while maneuvering the camera seems to be the biggest hurdle. A quick click of R3 usually sets her straight, though.

Main: After some deaths, a lot of getting lost and squealing later, we find her at the first bonfire in Undead Burg. Tonight, she asked me how to turn human (a concept I've mentioned several times during my playthrough) and get some friends to help, so I gladly show her. She steps outside, near that bridge where the firebombs are raining down, and after killing the nearby enemies is immediately invaded.

We both panic. She has used up all her Soul Arrows clearing the area of recently respawned undead, so she switches to the knife and slashes wildly at the red phantom, who is still fading into existence. She gets a few hits off as the invader bows, doing horrifyingly little damage. As futile as it seems, I plead with my significant other to calm down, back up and let the stamina bar refill. She is about to drop the controller in fear when the new arrival turns, drops an item and runs off across the bridge, dropping another on the way. I notice it is a female garbed in what looks like the Dingy armour set, with no visible weapon equipped... Upon reaching the other end of the firebomb bridge, she waves and runs ahead.

At this end, we are both baffled. After picking up the items - a Hollow Wooden Shield and Long Sword - my wife advances her magician lady forward, carefully dispatching any enemies she encounters. We are giggling worriedly, on constant alert, wondering what on earth is going on. We reach the point where the flaming boulder rolls down the stairs before we suddenly see our guest again. She walks casually up the stairs from the Black (Silver?) Knight and drops another item - Astora's Straight Sword.

At this point, my wife asks hurriedly, "how do you bow?"
I direct her to the gestures menu, and she performs the typical bow towards red phantom Anastacia, who does the proper bow back, and promptly returns home.

We both look at each other in relief and amazement, cracking up. What a crazy encounter; not least for the first time being invaded. She trots back to the bonfire and I help her spend some well-deserved souls before we switch off for the evening. The invader would surely have no idea they were visiting a first-timer, let alone someone who has literally never played anything like this in their life. Someone could have just waltzed in, one-hitted her, and soured her out from ever being human or playing again.

I realise there's a lot of griefing, spamming and general cheek out there, as there is with almost any online game. But times like this really make Dark Souls truly unique, as well as showing how its community of players can shine. Simply fascinating. To anyone who sat through this whole thing, thanks for reading, and please continue to share any similar experiences!

Let him break the crystal for you at the start of the fight. He gets stunned for 4-5 seconds or so. As soon as he starts his breath, sprint toward his back, he'll break the crystal himself, and then chop off his tail.

Even if I do that I don't think extra slashes would change the situation that much.

I really just need someone to come in with a weapon that does great deal of damage so he can hack it off pretty fast.

edbrat

When you guys refer to switching into pvp gear what do you mean? Are there some basic things you would rec which should be part of every pvp load out?

Tomodachi

Please allow me a moment to share one of my most bizarre and wonderful Dark Souls experiences with you fellow players, new and veteran alike.
Great post. Thanks for sharing this experience B-Genius.
I can't believe how much I love this game. I just got the platinium trophy and can't manage to stay away from it, I created another character and started over again.

Finally
I took off Seath's tail

Forgot that I had a crystal halberd, so that + Great Magic Weapon did the trick. The guy was a cake walk after that.

Sullichin

Fancy trying gargoyles halberd but when I use it I get a slight stagger animation at the end of each attack, is this normal? I have 16 each for str and dex and requirements are 16/12 respectively so I don't think it is that.

It only does that when you swing at air. It's a good weapon, I like it.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I finally beat Gwyn last night. I feel...so empty. Not disappointed but rather as if I've just ended a relationship. As if our time was over and it was the saddest of goodbyes.

I think I shall step away for a while before looking at NG. Submerge myself in KoF XIII and come back fresh so I can capture that feeling once again, that same feeling you get when meeting someone for the first time.

Ah, what a game. Truly epic and more importantly, memorable. It lingers, it haunts, it makes you think about everything you've accomplished and endured.

Saya

Yes!! Beat O&S on my first try in NG+. Killed Smough first and Ornstein second. Just made the spear too.

One thing I find weird is that even as a Way of the White covenant member I got invaded almost every 10 min. A bit too much but they were good fights. Quite rewarding once you beat someone with a zweihander :p

Off to kill Sif now...

Got invaded in Demon ruins... I send the guy a message asking for help with the stray fire demon and he lets me backstab him. He drops his summon sign and we end up helping each other for that boss and the centipede demon. Then we went and did some actual PvP through the red soap stone. Badass.

When you guys refer to switching into pvp gear what do you mean? Are there some basic things you would rec which should be part of every pvp load out?

My PvP load out is the same except I attune more close quarters spells and less lightning spells, as a faith user.

PvE: Sunlight spear, great lightning spear, 1x Wrath, 1x Replenishment or great Heal, depending on boss.

PvP: Sunlight blade, TWoP, WoG x 2, Replenishment.

Although I've been invaded a few times while carrying the sunlight spear.. Connecting a hit vs an invader is deeply satisfying.

Septimius

Backstory: My wife sometimes watches me play games, and up until about month ago, she showed zero interest in this one. I was up to Quelaag or something, and she would just comment that it was boring or scary and leave me to it. That is, until, I finally learned how/where to start summoning phantoms and place my summon sign to become one. Once I finished Anor Londo, I think I was there for a further week before going for the Lords' souls, because after dinner it was always "aren't you gonna help people in that big place?"

Anyway, I eventually completed the game (loving every minute), and my wife's curiosity piqued. She rolled a sorceror and set out on her own little undead pilgrimage.

Now, please understand, while she can give me a thorough kicking at Puyo Puyo, she is in no way familiar with the likes of Dark Souls. Added to that, English is not her first language, and even if it was, you have to squint to make out some of the text on our puny SDTV. All-in-all, not a newbie-friendly experience.

I was peering over her shoulder through the initial sections, offering some advice and helping explain the tutorial stuff, but obviously not wanting to be too much of a passenger-seat driver (she would only get annoyed!) Fortunately, magic is pretty powerful even early on, so she was quite happy to rely on that for the most part. She's comfortable with locking on, blocking and counter-attacking, while maneuvering the camera seems to be the biggest hurdle. A quick click of R3 usually sets her straight, though.

Main: After some deaths, a lot of getting lost and squealing later, we find her at the first bonfire in Undead Burg. Tonight, she asked me how to turn human (a concept I've mentioned several times during my playthrough) and get some friends to help, so I gladly show her. She steps outside, near that bridge where the firebombs are raining down, and after killing the nearby enemies is immediately invaded.

We both panic. She has used up all her Soul Arrows clearing the area of recently respawned undead, so she switches to the knife and slashes wildly at the red phantom, who is still fading into existence. She gets a few hits off as the invader bows, doing horrifyingly little damage. As futile as it seems, I plead with my significant other to calm down, back up and let the stamina bar refill. She is about to drop the controller in fear when the new arrival turns, drops an item and runs off across the bridge, dropping another on the way. I notice it is a female garbed in what looks like the Dingy armour set, with no visible weapon equipped... Upon reaching the other end of the firebomb bridge, she waves and runs ahead.

At this end, we are both baffled. After picking up the items - a Hollow Wooden Shield and Long Sword - my wife advances her magician lady forward, carefully dispatching any enemies she encounters. We are giggling worriedly, on constant alert, wondering what on earth is going on. We reach the point where the flaming boulder rolls down the stairs before we suddenly see our guest again. She walks casually up the stairs from the Black (Silver?) Knight and drops another item - Astora's Straight Sword.

At this point, my wife asks hurriedly, "how do you bow?"
I direct her to the gestures menu, and she performs the typical bow towards red phantom Anastacia, who does the proper bow back, and promptly returns home.

We both look at each other in relief and amazement, cracking up. What a crazy encounter; not least for the first time being invaded. She trots back to the bonfire and I help her spend some well-deserved souls before we switch off for the evening. The invader would surely have no idea they were visiting a first-timer, let alone someone who has literally never played anything like this in their life. Someone could have just waltzed in, one-hitted her, and soured her out from ever being human or playing again.

I realise there's a lot of griefing, spamming and general cheek out there, as there is with almost any online game. But times like this really make Dark Souls truly unique, as well as showing how its community of players can shine. Simply fascinating. To anyone who sat through this whole thing, thanks for reading, and please continue to share any similar experiences!

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Sullichin

ok I am going to give this a whirl, strikes me as a badass weapon, any tips for a novice halberd user?

I really like the move set. The 1hR1 has a nice downward arc (can actually hit the mosquitos in blighttown), and the R2 attacks are great for mobs of enemies and bosses. The r2 is also good when people are circling around you trying to get a backstab. I made a maxed out lightning scythe (same move set as halberd) halfway through my first play through and it's still my go to weapon for NG+.

I have 50 INT and I just got both the Tin Crystallization Catalyst and Logan's Catalyst

Now I want to know, Does Logan's catalyst truly scales past 50 INT (someone said here it goes all the way to 60) ??

Right now Logan's only does ~15 more damage than the regular Sorcerer's Catalyst. while the Tin Crystallization Catalyst does ~ 80 damage more than Logan's (tested all with standard Souls Arrow)

If I can get Logan's to do considerable more damage, than I will up my Intelligence.

scosher

I have 50 INT and I just got both the Tin Crystallization Catalyst and Logan's Catalyst

Now I want to know, Does Logan's catalyst truly scales past 50 INT (someone said here it goes all the way to 60) ??

Right now Logan's only does ~15 more damage than the regular Sorcerer's Catalyst. while the Tin Crystallization Catalyst does ~ 80 damage more than Logan's (tested all with standard Souls Arrow)

If I can get Logan's to do considerable more damage, than I will up my Intelligence.

Logan's diminishing returns hit at 45, TCC scales to 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom