• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

BY2K

Membero Americo
Worst offender yet.

AgHc5.jpg

:(

RPGCrazied

Where are you getting these from? Maybe its from the SDCC, where its say screen tearing was there cause of the recording setup.

Corto

That seems to be a working build of the game. That save store off message hints to that. Also, PC version will be screen tear free. Feels good.

Twinduct

Hey guys,
Must have been asked before, but what exactly is unlocked if you completed the first game?
Also is this done via a save file or something? Completed the game on 360 and way too lazy to start it on PC :<

RPGCrazied

That seems to be a working build of the game. That save store off message hints to that. Also, PC version will be screen tear free. Feels good.

Which is why console games should offer a vsync option. I'd rather play a game with it on with low 20 fps, then a game without it running at 60fps.

Corto

Which is why console games should offer a vsync option. I'd rather play a game with it on with low 20 fps, then a game without it running at 60fps.

Don't make me remember the first Darksiders giant worm battle on my PS3. I still have nightmares. Never again. I have a big boy PC now. Come at me game!

Dahbomb

With no offense intended, first thing that came to mind when I saw Crucible mode was the Thunder Dragon's challenges.

Crucible mode looks better, though.
I thought it reminded me of Bloody Palace from dmc4. Has leader boards and goes up to 100 levels. But with a loot system of course, that, makes the difference because every level the stakes are higher.

Pumped up for this mode!

RPGCrazied

Don't make me remember the first Darksiders giant worm battle on my PS3. I still have nightmares. Never again. I have a big boy PC now. Come at me game!

It was pretty bad on PS3, even when people said the first darksiders didn't screen tear. It did for me too.

If i can max Mass Effect 3 at 1920x1080p, I should have no problems running this game, right?

I could get this on pc and ensure no tearing but at this point I wouldn't get the game at all since a dev said there wouldn't be any tearing on consoles.

CIZ8M.png

I shan't forgive!

plz don't be true :(

DieH@rd

Banned
Hey guys,
Must have been asked before, but what exactly is unlocked if you completed the first game?
Also is this done via a save file or something? Completed the game on 360 and way too lazy to start it on PC :<

Any achievement [it will not scan for the savegame] will unlock you LVL1 legendary weapon, and finishing the game on ANY difficulty will give you LVL5 armor.

DieH@rd

Banned
It was pretty bad on PS3, even when people said the first darksiders didn't screen tear. It did for me too.

If i can max Mass Effect 3 at 1920x1080p, I should have no problems running this game, right?

ME3 has higher sysreq than DS2. I hope that PC version will be nicely optimized. Its low sysreq hits that it is.

Maffis

I don't think Darksiders 2 will bomb. Not that many big games has come out this summer and August is really dry apart from a few games. Sure, Sleeping Dogs releases on the same day so that might be a threat, but I hardly think Darksiders 2 will bomb. I actually think it might do pretty well, like, 2 million sold.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't think Darksiders 2 will bomb. Not that many big games has come out this summer and August is really dry apart from a few games. Sure, Sleeping Dogs releases on the same day so that might be a threat, but I hardly think Darksiders 2 will bomb. I actually think it might do pretty well, like, 2 million sold.

I'll join main chars name if it bombs and we don't get a sequel.

Corto

I have a Radeon 5770 HD.

Yeah, you're covered. The only thing that could affect you would be some drivers shenanigans that usually gets fixed a few days/weeks after release.

edit: THQ is on the line too, if this bombs. It's totally unfair for Vigil to be in this position but they have the weight of the whole company on their shoulders right now. I want to be able to buy Company of Heroes 2 next year damn it!

Derrick01

Banned

Hasn't DS2 charted really well on all those charts that try to track consumer interest? If any game bombs in August it will probably be Sleeping Dogs unfortunately.

DieH@rd

Banned
Yeah, you're covered. The only thing that could affect you would be some drivers shenanigans that usually gets fixed a few days/weeks after release.

First game was funded by AMD ["Future is Fusion"], so I dont think that we will have any problems on Radeons. My 3+ year experience with Radeons was excelent. Not a single problem with the drivers. Zero.

Carm

I'm sure this question has been asked, I just don't remember seeing it. If you start on the highest difficulty level, then play new game+ does the difficulty increase, or stay the same?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
from the official forum

Special Legendary items including Death’s ultimate armor set are awarded for getting through certain stages of The Arena, for making it through all 100 levels, and for defeating The Arena in one sitting. Completing the Arena will also unlock a special Avatar award for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

Do we get anything for PC too?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The tearing on the first game has been bothering me. I think it's actually better with Vsync off.

Hope that isn't the case for the sequel

Feindflug

I never had problems with AW tearing on PC, although im really not that over-sensitive to it.

LITTLE LESS THAN 9 HOURS TO |OT|
LE HYPE!

I'm talking about the various confirmations pre-release that the 360 version had no tearing by Remedy...which of course turned out to be total BS.

Anyway back to waiting for the |OT| to appear.

DieH@rd

Banned
Tragic, how many Vigil employees jumped to their death from that Crucible platform while playing with nightmare characters? :D

Maffis

Tragic, how many Vigil employees jumped to their death from that Crucible platform while playing with nightmare characters? :D

From the looks of videos you don't lose HP when falling out of the world, or maybe it's just very little hp. But, if you do fall out and die in the crucible, you are still technically in combat because there are enemies around you, so I guess that's a perma death. If you don't die you just teleport back to the world Zelda style.

“The Arena Challenge Mode and the New Game+ function are the perfect way to continue building the ultimate Death even after finishing the main game. This upgraded and customized character can then be carried over into the upcoming DLC campaign missions.”
This thing just gets better and better.

Any chance of mod support on PC?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
All horsemen are awesome, except Strife who will most likely recieve some visual update before he appear in some videogame.

I like War's standard set. He has his armor. It's HIS. Im playing as War. Not some plebeian who needs other plebeian's stuff to make weapons and armor. Im motherfucking war. Yea i know its grasping at straws but it goes a long way to establish a character's presence.

Top Bottom