• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

Gbraga

After beating the game once, can you go to the Crucible from the start of a new game? So if I die on Nightmare in The Crucible, can I go right back or do I have to unlock it again?

DieH@rd

Banned
Another random question, is it possible to keep playing on after defeating the final boss?
To farm up or do the crucible only and proceed to new game+ later on?

Yes, NP+ is fully present! You keep all your loot, all skill points, enemies get way tougher [ highest difficulty level is activated], and you can find best gear there!

aristotle

Crucible Info

• Fight increasingly harder waves.
  • Every 5 waves cleared you are given a choice: Continue | Loot (Once selected, this resets your progress)
  • Every 25 waves cleared (in a row) you unlock a "Checkpoint" of sorts.
  • When you return, you can start from the beginning or start from an unlocked checkpoint.
  • Loot from the "Loot" option is generated based on total waves completed - the more waves completed, the more loot you get!
  • Dying in combat results in NO loot. You could clear 48 waves, die on wave 49, and you will get NOTHING.
  • There are unique Crucible-only rewards.
  • Loot from The Crucible is completely usable in the story/campaign and vice versa.
  • Once unlocked, you can access The Crucible while in Story mode (very easily!).
  • There are leaderboard stats for The Crucible.
  • Dying in The Crucible in Nightmare Mode = Combat Death (the worst kind).

As a side note, something I mentioned before, this mode was made as a direct response to fans. We wanted to make sure players had an area to practice combat, test out builds, and also have even more challenges once they've beaten the game once, twice, 10 times!

Sounds nice! Does the difficulty get raised the more time you've beaten the game?

I finally pre-ordered from THQ last week. They haven't processed anything for my order yet :(

also, is there an Art of Darksiders 2 book being released as well? I haven't been paying attention lately.

DieH@rd

Banned
REPOSTED FOR THE NEW PAGE

Take a peek at The Crucible; fighting arena for Darksiders 2, or don't spoil it and ignore this link.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/06/darksiders-ii-crucible-mode-reveal

H

Crucible Info

• Fight increasingly harder waves.
  • Every 5 waves cleared you are given a choice: Continue | Loot (Once selected, this resets your progress)
  • Every 25 waves cleared (in a row) you unlock a "Checkpoint" of sorts.
  • When you return, you can start from the beginning or start from an unlocked checkpoint.
  • Loot from the "Loot" option is generated based on total waves completed - the more waves completed, the more loot you get!
  • Dying in combat results in NO loot. You could clear 48 waves, die on wave 49, and you will get NOTHING.
  • There are unique Crucible-only rewards.
  • Loot from The Crucible is completely usable in the story/campaign and vice versa.
  • Once unlocked, you can access The Crucible while in Story mode (very easily!).
  • There are leaderboard stats for The Crucible.
  • Dying in The Crucible in Nightmare Mode = Combat Death (the worst kind).

As a side note, something I mentioned before, this mode was made as a direct response to fans. We wanted to make sure players had an area to practice combat, test out builds, and also have even more challenges once they've beaten the game once, twice, 10 times!

Gbraga

ffff wtb unlockable war mode.

image.php

Monocle

I love what I'm hearing about The Crucible, and that IGN preview was impressive. Arena modes should come standard in combat intensive action games.

DieH@rd

Banned

And how many time did we ask for coop? :D :D :D Start working on that already.

Additional question:
Give us difference between Crucible on Normal vs Crucible on Apocalyptic. Loot, enemies, bosses, exclusive Apocalyptic monsters?

hobart

Very very noob question-

How is this played on the PC? Controller only or is there an actually viable way to play this with mouse and keyboard?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Very very noob question-

How is this played on the PC? Controller only or is there an actually viable way to play this with mouse and keyboard?

yes you can play with controller AND m & kb but i highly recommend playing it with a controller (best Xbox 360). It's imo so much better.

I'm already looking forward to what they do with Darksiders III.

DIII will only happen if DII sells well. So people BUY THIS GAME!

tragic

Developer
EEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIILLLLLLLL

We didn't want to forget the hardcore gamers! While one initial challenge is to beat The Crucible, there is always more to do for the hardcore crowd. Can you do it in one sitting? What's the fastest you can do it? Can you do it on Nightmare?

Remember, starting a game on Nightmare means you start from the beginning. You can go into The Crucible relatively early... but when one combat death = perma-death, you may want to reconsider.

Thank you tragic, I'll waste a lot of time in this mode alright.

Hope we can get dat combo video soon @____@

We've all spent many many many hours in The Crucible. People often got sidetracked from their actual work by playing The Crucible. It's fun!

As for "combo" video... it's actually going to be more of a "here's some stuff you can do in combat" video. Making a true combo video would be crazy seeing as you can get into the three (or even four) digits in some combos. They can go on forever!

That being said, almost done capping stuff and then I'll send it off to THQ for editing and approval. I'll let you all know as soon as I know!

Tragic, what is the highest level/wave number you can reach in the Crucible?

Also, to correct the IGN video, you do NOT get EXP in The Crucible. You fight with what you brought. You leave with what you take. Level remains the same.

Arena modes should come standard in combat intensive action games.

Our thoughts exactly!

DieH@rd

Banned
Very very noob question-

1. You can play with k/m, although we only saw pc footage with x360 gamepad.
2. HQ image of your avatar. Gimme. Now. :D

DieH@rd

Banned
Has anyone cleared crucible with keyboard and mouse? :D

edit- Can we manualy paint items, and is this some specific armor set?
01Lao.jpg

FtHTiny

Another random question: Where will the leaderboards be stored or which online service does it use? Only steamworks or is there something else?

DieH@rd

Banned
Another random question: Where will the leaderboards be stored or which online service does it use? Only steamworks or is there something else?

All PC versions of the game [both digital and retail] use Steamworks only. Console versions will use their own servers [PSN / XBL].

With no offense intended, first thing that came to mind when I saw Crucible mode was the Thunder Dragon's challenges.

Crucible mode looks better, though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wonder what "Save store: off" means. That can't be the release code.

Top Bottom