• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

DieH@rd

Banned
What do you think is wrong with Strife? just curious. (visually speaking of course)
darksiders-2-more-horesmen.jpg

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/019/4/4/Darksiders_Strife___Joe_Mad_by_Zeag.jpg
http://www.consolegames.ro/forum/at.../46516d1263844609-darksiders-ds_horsemen1.jpg

War and Death have some aura of coolness, and their forms are beter defined. Strife has this crazy scarf, weird metalic gauntlets over dark skin/leather armor, and really not impressive mask [unlike Death]... Who knows, maybe he will animate well, and be a badass character. But so far his design is not grabbing me totally.

War, Death and Fury are much more pleasing to the eye.

DieH@rd

Banned
Tragic/Hdm, we still dont know if we have stash in towns for storing items? This is a loot game, we need stashes for sparkly items.

edit-
ds2timekskxm.jpg

:)
He is a reviewer for Game Informer.

Khezu

What is Strife gonna do in his own game though, his douchebag brothers stole his guns.

Also Strife has an awesome mask, better then Death's.

DieH@rd

Banned
What is Strife gonna do in his own game though, his douchebag brothers stole his guns.

Also Strife has an awesome mask, better then Death's.

Vigil is hiring developers for a FPS game... Maybe they are making game for Strife, and maybe its for new IP.

He does seem like a douchebag smartass I have a feeling he'll be one of the most likable cast members once the entire group is finally together, I am in a mood for a smartass character that takes no shit.

iNvid02

so what type of personality do the other horsemen have?

war was pretty somber, but i liked him

strife sounds like he will be a funny/cool dude

Khezu

Hell no!

Third Person Action game with Gun Kata. DO EET VIGIL!

Would prefer Strifes game be there take on Metroid Prime, with a dash of Borderlands.

Keep it in the same engine too, so if we ever get a a game with all 4 with co-op, who ever is playing strife is basically playing a FPS, well the other 3 are playing character action games.

Would prefer Strifes game be there take on Metroid Prime, with a dash of Borderlands.

Keep it in the same engine too, so if we ever get a a game with all 4 with co-op, who ever is playing strife is basically playing a FPS, well the other 3 are playing character action games.

I would be perfectly fine having a Metroid Prime styled FPS set in the Darksiders universe. It would be a good way for the team to try something different.

But yeah, 3rd person Gun Kata would be pretty rad too.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Please no at FPS

For the same reason I don't like what Prime did to Metroid I would dislike in an FPS darksiders.

These characters all look very athletic and agile. Why restrict that behind a clunky first person perspective?

but I mean at the end of the day the direction is their decision so I'm interested in seeing which the end up making.

More and more excited about DS2 with every new piece of information.

tragic

Developer
If I had any say in it, I'd vote Gunkata Strife (Equilibrium/Bayo/DMC) with Reuben Langon as Strife's voice actor. But that's just a dream. Who knows where we will go!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If I had any say in it, I'd vote Gunkata Strife (Equilibrium/Bayo/DMC) with Reuben Langon as Strife's voice actor. But that's just a dream. Who knows where we will go!

Alright cool

Now if anything I'm buying this game at launch just so that they bring you back for the next one and make this shit happen.

Please relay this bit of feedback to your bosses

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yo damn this thread blew up hard while I was sleeping haha.

Freaking crucible looks awesome, the fact there is a gambling element to it = AWESOME.

DieH@rd

Banned
Yo damn this thread blew up hard while I was sleeping haha.

Freaking crucible looks awesome, the fact there is a gambling element to it = AWESOME.

There is also gambling element at merchants. You can buy magical/legendary/etc chests that have random gear in them.

Ilive1up

will the game know by your achievements/trophys that you beat the game? because i deleted my darksiders game save a while back, so that kind of sucks if i'll miss out on something, even if it's just a weapon.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
will the game know by your achievements/trophys that you beat the game? because i deleted my darksiders game save a while back, so that kind of sucks if i'll miss out on something, even if it's just a weapon.

It's based off Achievements, NOT saves, so you're ok.

H

Bayonetta defiantly has echoes of Gunkata. She performs punches and kicks with the added layer of being able to shoot while doing it. Epic stuff!

H

Yeah, holding the button to stall the combo and actually shoot the weapon on your hands/feet was genius. It's not exactly Christian Bale Gun-kata where the shooting the weapon is the primary focus, but it's the best we got until you guys decide to tackle it.

Dahbomb

Why have games not done this yet. Vigil, you have to lead the way.
WTF is this?

DMC games are the premier gunkata system in action games. The Gunslinger style is dedicated to this. Rainstorm, Two Some Time, Fireworks etc. Bayonetta also took it to a new interesting direction by planting guns on your foot.

If Strife is going to star in the next DS game expect a very DMC influenced combat system where you have side arms to bolster your combos (think E&I but with a DS twist). At least that's how I see it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There is also gambling element at merchants. You can buy magical/legendary/etc chests that have random gear in them.

Oh I didn't know this I like it

WTF is this?

DMC games are the premier gunkata system in action games. The Gunslinger style is dedicated to this. Rainstorm, Two Some Time, Fireworks etc. Bayonetta also took it to a new interesting direction by planting guns on your foot.

If Strife is going to star in the next DS game expect a very DMC influenced combat system where you have side arms to bolster your combos (think E&I but with a DS twist). At least that's how I see it.

I expect a mix of weapon master Beowulf *think that was the gauntlets name* and gunslinger stuff

Haunted

Wait, Strife and Fury? Where the hell do these two come from? :( What about Conquest (or Pestilence) and Famine?

Worst offender yet.

:(
PC version seems like a must for those affected/annoyed by screen tearing. Well, to be expected, really. It was already a problem in the first one on 360.

RPGCrazied

I just hope the PC has more to change in the video options other than the resolution. Like AA and stuff.

I want the game to look as pretty as possible.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wait, Strife and Fury? Where the hell do these two come from? :( What about Conquest (or Pestilence) and Famine?

Darksiders games are set in the brand new universe that JoeMad created when he founded Vigil Games. He designed all four horseman long before 1st game was released.

I just hope the PC has more to change in the video options other than the resolution. Like AA and stuff.

I want the game to look as pretty as possible.

According to one report there is a lot of graphical options in the game, but also we can edit external INI file for achieving maximum IQ. :D

DieH@rd

Banned
mp_rp_7vhpqt.gif

laugh1v6b1.gif

Ok that's it, im off to sleep. In 4hr 45mins OT will be live! I need to get up really early here in EU to be a part of this epic occasion. :D

Top Bottom