• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT7| Tough Love

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Hi NeoGaffers and well new thread new challenges to face in my dating life.

So i met a girl and i think she likes me, obviously i need to ask her out
already
but is hard to me to just ask her number because of my anxiety, but we have a whatsapp group, is considered weird
probably it is
to just add her number from there?

Rule number 1 of dating: don't be creepy

Just ask for her number.

Ahora que? Well do you want to be exclusive? Just don't waste her time. Be upfront about your feelings to her and let her know you want to take it slow.
Yeah I'm actually trying to be upfront this time. Lmaoo I swear some of y'all should've been there. Shit was so bad. I clowned myself the whole night but fuck it I got my point across. I'm not trying to waste her time. She seems pretty chill about how things are going right now. Thanks for the input!
Keep dating and when you want to be exclusive, ask to be exclusive or go steady or however you want to word it. That's what I'd assume anyway, if you wanted to be explicit about it.
For sure. We're already making plans for the next time we go out. About the whole asking to be exclusive...

You think it's a big deal if the guy is the one to ask the girl where they stand in a relationship? I know it shouldn't be a big deal but a part me always thinks it's strange when a guy ask.

So I matched a girl on Tinder. It was just a pic of her clevage and neck and mouth. That much looked good so I swiped yes. She messaged me right away saying shed watch movies and eat pizza with me anytime since my profile just says "I like pizza and movies"

I asked if she has any more pics so I can see more of her. She added me on snapchat. Sends me pics of her and she is drop dead gorgeous. Sends me a pic of her holding some treats she likes and says "so you know what to get when we are netflixng. Says "my name is actually ____ not ___ like jt says on Tinder"

I'm worried im getting catfished here

If you feel it, if you want it, just ask. Stop overthinking it.
Que? Lol I'm just asking what you guys think about guys who ask. I'm not asking for advice on my current situation. Ill try to talk to her about that if it gets to that point. Jeez.

Edit: you know what looking back at my post I can totally see why you thought I was asking for more advice. Nah homie I was just making conversation cause I was bored at work.

Edit 2: Lookamego I don't know about that man. I had something like that happen to me and I just dropped it. Like a user told me earlier in the thread...
It's always too good to be true.

So I matched a girl on Tinder. It was just a pic of her clevage and neck and mouth. That much looked good so I swiped yes. She messaged me right away saying shed watch movies and eat pizza with me anytime since my profile just says "I like pizza and movies"

I asked if she has any more pics so I can see more of her. She added me on snapchat. Sends me pics of her and she is drop dead gorgeous. Sends me a pic of her holding some treats she likes and says "so you know what to get when we are netflixng. Says "my name is actually ____ not ___ like jt says on Tinder"

Time to Google reverse image search those pictures.

Just had a first date - coffee. We had a good time, and I want to see if she wants to do something this weekend. It's only 8 pm here, and we saw each other about 45 minutes ago. Since tomorrow's already Friday, and it's not late at night, is it too soon to send a text saying that I had a good time, and am wondering if she wants to go out for dinner this weekend, or should I wait until tomorrow?

Just had a first date - coffee. We had a good time, and I want to see if she wants to do something this weekend. It's only 8 pm here, and we saw each other about 45 minutes ago. Since tomorrow's already Friday, and it's not late at night, is it too soon to send a text saying that I had a good time, and am wondering if she wants to go out for dinner this weekend, or should I wait until tomorrow?

If you're feeling it, then do it. Don't apologize for what you're feeling. There's no reason to wait and also no reason not to wait. That said, trying to schedule something so soon would set off alarm bells in someone's mind unless it's pitched as the most benign thing ("Hey, I had a great time. I know it's super short notice, but want to grab some ice cream Sunday afternoon?").

Basically, communicate that you enjoyed yourself. Reach out to schedule something else. But don't crowd her schedule. There's something weird -- can't put my finger on it -- about trying to jump to a sit-down meal a day or two after you've met someone. Why not grab a drink instead?

Anyway, on my end: workplace crush fizzled out, which isn't a bad thing. She was probably too young, and I think we'd both rather keep things strictly professional. Object lesson in realizing that one or two great conversations doesn't actually mean much.

As I type this, I'm texting my ex-wife encouragement in meeting her boyfriend's family for the first time. They've been together for two years now, I hope I get to meet him someday... although they're both weird hippie vegans. It's funny how life works out, you know?

I also spent a couple hours tonight texting the gorgeous Brazilian girl I'm seeing again on Saturday, and honestly, I'm glad I'm going into it without entanglements: I'm not interested in anyone else, nor am I talking to anyone else. Considering she gave me a free pass on not actually remembering her Mexico pictures and there's a (very) slight language barrier that precludes a lot of humor... I like her, and I like how she enjoys talking.

Also, heydog.gif works universally. Still.

Go for it, it won't make any difference when you message her.

This is correct. If she likes you, it won't matter when you message.

But the content matters.

I really don't think he should jump to dinner so quickly. It also presumes that she's free both nights, which sends weird signals.

Now, if she was totally vibing on him, sure. Absolutely. But if it was one of those baseline-good dates, then yeah: something like drinks this weekend or a dinner next week. Can't explain it. It just feels like one of those unwritten rule things.

Hmmmm. Should I drop the "this weekend" part and just ask if she wants to grab drinks sometime and see what she comes up with? She might not mind that short notice - she was wanting to do the first date earlier than I suggested, so we went with that.

Hmmmm. Should I drop the "this weekend" part and just ask if she wants to grab drinks sometime and see what she comes up with? She might not mind that short notice - she was wanting to do the first date earlier than I suggested, so we went with that.

You're overthinking it. Maybe we're overthinking it. Frankly, I'm going to offer a reclama and say: don't apologize for what you're feeling.

If you want to see her this weekend, say so. Just couch it in, "I know this is short notice, but...". I think that works. Still suggest drinks over a full-blown meal, but if you had, say, a 4-hour coffee date with exquisite conversation? Then buy that girl a steak.

Well, that lasted a long time!

It's a catfish the name change is a givaway, "s"he'll ask you to join a camsite within a few messages. Troll them as see how far you can take it. Share results here.

I am weak and horny!

Hmm. She sent me a pic of her holding a bag of treats saying "this is so you know what to get for us when we are netflixing". She said she is going to a festival going on here in town this weekend and asked if I wanted to meet there but I'm workin. Then she said we will me after the weekend then. I mean.. I dont exactly look like the type of guy you would try to rob or anything. A practical joke to get me to show up somewhere and ghost maybe but I doubt some guy would just show up instead, unless they have a deathwish. And the pics on Snapchat match the pic thats on Tinder. Maybe she just doesnt want people she knows seeing her on Tinder? I dunno. We will see what happens.

She did say right away that my name is ___ not ___. So maybe thats what it is is hiding who they are on Tinder. This isnt exactly a big city. Everyone knows everyone through someone.

Not interested. Jerk off and move on. Hit the gym and work on yourself for a while.
j6ZBj.gif

Yeah. Kind of seems like you're going to be murdered.

Aww thanks milk.

I was thinking it was a catfish right away but after a little chat I dont think so...

I'll try and give live updates when we meet just incase I get murdered you guys can help solve the case.

Salamando

Aww thanks milk.

I was thinking it was a catfish right away but after a little chat I dont think so...

I'll try and give live updates when we meet just incase I get murdered you guys can help solve the case.

Ask for a pic that can't be easily swiped. For example, if she sends another pic of her holding her treats, ask her to show you a pic of what she likes to drink. More overtly, go for a picture of her giving you the finger.

You'll wake up in an ice bath missing a kidney!

Well yeah, it's a date.

Isn't that how it's supposed to go? I miss that chunk of my liver more than I thought I would have.

I hate that I feel like I need to use alcohol as a crutch to talk to girls well. Usually I just have a couple of bourbons to loosen up a bit and everything is cool, but it's still a little disheartening. I've definitely gotten better at social situations without alcohol over the last year, but if I'm in a position where I can drink (responsibly), I'll drink.

Mentioned in the previous that a girl had scheduled and then canceled on me three times. Really that should've been the cue to leave things but I stuck at it out of boredom at that point, she was still good to talk to.

We continued talking and once again she asked me out (last Thursday) but this time we she went through with it. The date went fine, I knew we'd get on after the way we had been talking and afterwards she seemed really keen to do it again, so on Monday I asked if she wanted to get a coffee on Tuesday, she said she was busy with work but we'd do something this week.

Since then her messages have been sporadic. She didn't text me for a couple of days and when she did it was to ask if her best friend (which I'll get to) had started "creeping" on me. We talked for a bit and then she dropped me which is no doubt a sign she's lost/losing interest or there's someone else.

I decided to go for broke this morning and ask her out tomorrow, she says she's busy but doesn't offer to reschedule, fair do's. I leave the ball in her court telling her the offer is there and then delete her number. She texts back saying "Hahaha Sam (her best friend) will probably kidnap you and tie you up before then. The horny little pervert that she is".

Turns out I matched with her friend at the beginning of the year. I vaguely remember talking and her ghosting.

Question is, would it be a dick move to text the best friend? Not out of spite or anything, I genuinely "would" even if I hadn't met this other girl.

Damn dude, I'd drop both of them and move on. I wouldn't want anything to do with either of them, and if you managed to get with one you'd be dealing with the other one too. Forget that shit.

gaiages

Banned
I am weak and horny!

Hmm. She sent me a pic of her holding a bag of treats saying "this is so you know what to get for us when we are netflixing". She said she is going to a festival going on here in town this weekend and asked if I wanted to meet there but I'm workin. Then she said we will me after the weekend then. I mean.. I dont exactly look like the type of guy you would try to rob or anything. A practical joke to get me to show up somewhere and ghost maybe but I doubt some guy would just show up instead, unless they have a deathwish. And the pics on Snapchat match the pic thats on Tinder. Maybe she just doesnt want people she knows seeing her on Tinder? I dunno. We will see what happens.

She did say right away that my name is ___ not ___. So maybe thats what it is is hiding who they are on Tinder. This isnt exactly a big city. Everyone knows everyone through someone.

She probably didn't want her real name online so people wouldn't try to look up her personal information and stalk her, especially is she's really super pretty. Or just didn't want someone in her friend group to look her up too easily.

Lulubop

I'd try and get with her friend. Seems more interested but I'm a dog. This other girl who keeps flaking on you just wanted the pipe, and that's that.

I'd try and get with her friend. Seems more interested but I'm a dog. This other girl who keeps flaking on you just wanted the pipe, and that's that.

Not sure she did, well at least not straight away. Before we went out she asked what I was wanting from Tinder because she was sick of guys just wanting something casual. Told her i mostly used it for dating which is what she wanted, just obviously not with me.

Yeah I'm tempted to get with her friend, at least I know she's interested and doesn't mind a "hump and dump".

Ernest

Banned
Time to Google reverse image search those pictures.
That got me to thinking...

There have been three exceedingly attractive women that never messaged me back, also, their profiles were rather thin/sparse - so I google-image searched them, and sure enough, 2 of the 3 were fakes.
Now, I'm angry* that the one real one didn't message me back. Harrumph!

*(I'm not)

So ive been seeing this girl now for a few weeks. Shes amazing, vibrant and cheerful lady. Im not a relationship kinda guy, but after meeting her a few months back i instantly knew this one lady is a keeper.
I even said to my friends as a New Years goal, that i would like to have a steady relationship with her. My friends thought i was crazy as i never spoke about women the way i do about her.

Today we were on a date and talking about serious stuff and told her how i really felt about her. She started hugging me and said she had something to share as well. She has cancer. Im fkkn broken now, just needed to vent.

Wanted to give GAF an update since i vented a couple of months ago.
Currently she is 80% cured and needs to go undergo some treatment to remove the remaining bits. Seems all will be well.

I stuck with her and am glad that i made this decision, even though it was quite hard in the beginning.

Update #2: GAF - Fam. She's getting last cancer remains removed in the next couple of weeks.

+ We are moving in together!

She probably didn't want her real name online so people wouldn't try to look up her personal information and stalk her, especially is she's really super pretty. Or just didn't want someone in her friend group to look her up too easily.
Das what I'm hoping.

Update #2: GAF - Fam. She's getting last cancer remains removed in the next couple of weeks.

+ We are moving in together!
Thats awesome to hear Jack. Glad shes doing good and the best of luck to you good sir.

zchen

Tinder sent me a notice that people has been checking my profile......I never even set one up since downloading the app.

Huh.. I was getting into the elevator at work today and a girl who works in upper management was like "excuse me, you have a minute?" Im like "OK" she like "I just wanted to apologize for my behavior a while back" Im like "uhhhh what?" And shes like "At the pub a while back about a month ago I guess I accosted you and wouldnt leave you alone. My coworkers had to peel me away from you and they told me that you work here. I had no idea and I just wanted to say sorry and I hope you dont judge me too harshly, I was intoxicated and we were on a little staff retreat" I'm like "hahaha thats funny, I have no idea what you are talking about. I must have been pretty intoxicated myself because I dont remember this at all" and she was like "ohhh dammit! I shouldnt have said anything then. Carry on!" And then she walked away.

Fuuuck shes older but shes damn fine. Then I saw her in the caf at lunch just now and she was giving me the eyes. What do?

First date done (details later) On my way to my second date this one I don't feel confident cause she said she's very shy.. Lord but she got a booty so I have to try. God bless Happy Hour cause these NY prices ain't no joke in the east side.

Huh.. I was getting into the elevator at work today and a girl who works in upper management was like "excuse me, you have a minute?" Im like "OK" she like "I just wanted to apologize for my behavior a while back" Im like "uhhhh what?" And shes like "At the pub a while back about a month ago I guess I accosted you and wouldnt leave you alone. My coworkers had to peel me away from you and they told me that you work here. I had no idea and I just wanted to say sorry and I hope you dont judge me too harshly, I was intoxicated and we were on a little staff retreat" I'm like "hahaha thats funny, I have no idea what you are talking about. I must have been pretty intoxicated myself because I dont remember this at all" and she was like "ohhh dammit! I shouldnt have said anything then. Carry on!" And then she walked away.

Fuuuck shes older but shes damn fine. Then I saw her in the caf at lunch just now and she was giving me the eyes. What do?

Bag that number fam.

But if I get her number then crazy bacon will tell me how much of an idiot I am!

I think I will just wait and see if she approaches me again. Or if I see her out I will say something to her. Just a one night thing I think.

Shes a big wig here. I actually dont think I should ask her number.

Peltz

Lol... you know the answer already.
yes

I know. I dont think I should get her number but we can still bang hopefully. Im pretty sure thats all she wants. It would be next to impossible for me to get her alone around here to ask for her number anyway.

In her position she can also get fired for banging me.

Ernest

Banned
But if I get her number then crazy bacon will tell me how much of an idiot I am!

I think I will just wait and see if she approaches me again. Or if I see her out I will say something to her. Just a one night thing I think.

Shes a big wig here. I actually dont think I should ask her number.
Yeah, steer clear - she could also be playing games.

Top Bottom