• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Cage: "The Dark Sorcerer is the minimum quality you can get on the PS4"

Valnen

But what will PCs be capable of in a few years?

Even better stuff obviously, but if you want 60 FPS on that better stuff you'll have to invest a significant amount of money. Also content will actually have to be made with PC in mind for that to matter anyway.

geomon

MqZxvVg.gif

jaypah

I look at that demo and think no fucking way. But it's QD so I believe it. Their next game is going to look ridiculous.

Get the writing sorted David, the tech means nothing without a good story

His games always start off really good story wise and then everything takes a nose dive. He writes everything right? Maybe he should sit one out.

Gonna go hire a writer to help him out.
Well he did. He already hired two writers to help him out. They are heading the PS4 project and are mentioned in the Special Thanks of Beyond.

These guys better deliver. I just beat beyond and i think sony should let them go
So you liked Heavy Rain, didn't like Beyond (?) and now Sony should let a capable developer go? Why are you always so hyperbolic. Calm down. Sony will want to keep them just for the graphical showcase alone.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So you liked Heavy Rain, didn't like Beyond (?) and now Sony should let a capable developer go? Why are you always so hyperbolic. Calm down. Sony will want to keep them just for the graphical showcase alone.

SniperHunter post? SniperHunter post.

Kssio_Aug

By the look of Killzone Shadow Fall, Deep Down and inFamous Second Son, all of them at the very beginning of the console life, I sure believe at David Cage words.

I am astonished every time I watch the gameplay of those games at high definition, and see how much details they have... specially that amazing use of particles effects! I wasnt waiting that jump of quality at this early stage of next-gen.

Can't wait to see The Order 1886 near its launch day. *-*

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Oh man I can't believe it. I'm still impressed by the current gen, imagine the next souls game on PS4.

Real time wounds and guts falling from the enemy. Dense fog and little particles of rain and dust.

This gen will be exciting.

SlashX

I hope we get an Omikron spinoff or reboot this time around. I was geniunely hoping for one after seeing that Kara tech demo.

mantidor

small team? small resources?

Not a single indie game will have that level of graphics, I don't know what he means by "small" there, but I can guarantee The Dark Sorcerer demo is not the minimum the PS4 will offer. This is pure PR.

Are these in-game shots?

The second and third ones are the beginning of cutscenes but they use the same assets. The game really looks like that, and honestly those screenshots do it a disservice and look worse than it does in-person. It's the best looking game on the PS3 by far and often times is the best looking game I've ever played. Although of course games like Crysis 3 and the like are more dynamic in their lighting and consistent in their textures.

Game just looks incredible, and given you have move Jodie around like any other game character and can then roam around the location via Aiden it's immensely impressive. A true technical marvel.

Not a single indie game will have that level of graphics, I don't know what he means by "small" there, but I can guarantee The Dark Sorcerer demo is not the minimum the PS4 will offer. This is pure PR.

Someone link that incredible looking indie game where you play as the robot. Sadly can't think of the title at the moment. 2 person team.

nib95

Banned

The second and third ones are cutscenes but they use the same assets. The game really looks like that, and honestly those screenshots do it a disservice and look much worse than it does in-person. It's the best looking game on the PS3 by far and often times is arguably the best looking game I've ever played. Although of course games like Crysis 3 and the like are more dynamic in their lighting.

Game just looks incredible, and given you have full control over Jodie and can then roam around the location via Aiden it's immensely impressive. A true technical marvel.

Dayum.

Faustek

Bring it on.
Love when first reply nails it.

All of Quantic Dream's games looked better than the tech demos so there's no reason to not believe them. They even proved that the demo was in real time by moving the camera around.

True.

Lets see KARA made into a full game. That was interesting.

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this. They could actually go Japanese Game/Anime/Manga style here and release a movie about it as well. Don't give me anything about Cage's games being movies, they are games.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Well this is how Beyond looks on my PS3

10283337694_74355c367d_o.png

10178564986_11fefe664b_o.png

So I wouldn't expect anything less from them.

Huh? What makes you think he's speaking for everyone?

Well this is how Beyond looks on my PS3

10283337694_74355c367d_o.png

10178564986_11fefe664b_o.png

So I wouldn't expect anything less from them.

Huh? What makes you think he's speaking for everyone?

I was wondering. How do you get these shots? Do you search them out? Or screenshot from your PS3(if that's even possible)?

Log4Girlz

Is it me or is QD the only dev house to get human eyes right? No seriously, I can't think of any other game that has the sheen just right. Human eyes are not perfect spheres and do not reflect light uniformly...they get it right.

Tripon

Beyond looks amazing, but I wonder if the QTE heavy style of gameplay allows it to be so pretty. If Beyond was a normal action shooter, and had to implement scores of enemies attacking you at the same time, etc. The graphical fidelity would suffer for it.

Beyond looks amazing, but I wonder if the QTE heavy style of gameplay allows it to be so pretty. If Beyond was a normal action shooter, and had to implement scores of enemies attacking you at the same time, etc. The graphical fidelity would suffer for it.

Not only that, but AI routines as well would task the cpu.

jay

He is right. We tried making a Pong clone just to test the hardware but when we played it it was the Dark Sorcerer.

All of QD games have been nothing but cut scenes though. Not hating on them but when you design a game that's pretty much a cut scene then you can get visuals like that. Until they make a open game like Crysis or Battlefield I won't be impressed.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Jaysus Christo, no way Jose. I doubt that's the "minimum quality" we can get on PS4. Perhaps from QD, yes. But definitely not across the board. Things sound promising so far though,bring it!

Top Bottom