• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ahasverus

Gal Gadot. wow.. not even in my wildest dreams I had thought she was that good as an actress. She held her own against Chris Pine doing the role of his carreer. Mother Jenkins is miraculous.

IconGrist

I give the side eye to people who say the Extended Cut of Suicide Squad is better than the theatrical cut. It has the opposite problem that BvS does. The longer runtime actually hurts.

Ahasverus

I give the side eye to people who say the Extended Cut of Suicide Squad is better than the theatrical cut. It has the opposite problem that BvS does. The longer runtime actually hurts.
Nah, the movie can't have worse pacing, so the extented bar scene is a plus for me. Plus, I didn't hare Leto's Joker.

I'd KILL for the real cut though.

Ninjimbo

Oh my God that was FUCKING FANTASTIC

Sweet baby Jesus I was not ready. I WAS NOT READY.

So much heart, so much character, so much... Innocence. Even the supposed bad final part was orgasmic.

Yeah, Ares had really hammy dialogue, and so did the other two BUT it was so theatrical at that moment I didn't care .

And the drama, oh God the drama. I teared up in parts. so many emotions.

I bow to Patty Jenkins.
Ooh, this gets me excited.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hearing people talk about this film who have seen it makes me think this thing is gonna have ridiculous legs at the BO.

Ahasverus

But would you recommend it to someone who doesn't want to pay actual money to watch the movie?
If you have a bit of child spirit inside of you, yes. It's a bit like Harry Potter 1-2, or Fantastic Beasts.

If you're expecting Logan or The Dark Knight, stay out.

The narrative that Patty Jenkins directing this is somehow risky on WB's part is so stupid. The MCU is made up of male directors with less credentials than her prior to their debuts in the universe.

This is why I want this movie to make a billi. It's surrounded by so much idiotic rhetoric at this point.

If you have a bit of child spirit inside of you, yes. It's a bit like Harry Potter 1-2, or Fantastic Beasts.

I'm already erect, relax

The narrative that Patty Jenkins directing this is somehow risky on WB's part is so stupid. The MCU is made up of male directors with less credentials than her prior to their debuts in the universe.

who in the hell are these magical mcu directors you're talking about lol? all of them had made at least a few films prior to signing on, not just one film 14 years prior. aside from Alan Taylor who coincidentally replaced Jenkins for Thor 2.

who in the hell are these magical mcu directors you're talking about lol? all of them had made at least a few films prior to signing on, not just one film 14 years prior. aside from Alan Taylor who coincidentally replaced Jenkins for Thor 2.

The Russo Bros. biggest claim to fame was a Community episode. They're the biggest directors in the MCU now. Gunn had Slither, I guess. Whedon was primarily a TV director, and was saddled with Avengers.

Patty wrote and directed a movie that won an Oscar. She was Emmy nominated for another one. What are you talking about?

Ahasverus

Meh. Fixed.

I just really hate how male indie directors stay getting bumped up, but the same doesn't happen to women. And then people try and justify that behavior. It's beyond stupid.
I think Patty was hard to classify. Yes, her only movie was great. But it was like 20 years ago. And was not a Blockbuster. And was not based on a character (well, it technically was, but you know what I mean, there are no fans of that killer woman), hell, it was not even an action movie.

Her best parallel is actually Nolan. An unproven director of a single well lauded drama film and a bunch of shorts in charge of setting the tone for one of the biggest characters in the world.

Ninjimbo

Fuck man, I LOVED Fantastic Beasts. That's so cool. Now I'm getting good vibrations.

Also, it makes a lot of sense to compare Patti to Nolan. This means she's going to bless us with capekino in Wonder Woman 2.

The Russo Bros. biggest claim to fame was a Community episode. They're the biggest directors in the MCU now. Gunn had Slither, I guess. Whedon was primarily a TV director, and was saddled with Avengers.

Patty wrote and directed a movie that won an Oscar. She was Emmy nominated for another one. What are you talking about?

ah right. forgot about russos for a sec. was just focusing on stuff like iron man,cap, thor, hulk etc. etc.

regardless, it was pretty reasonable to have doubts about Patty. on whether or not she'd be rusty. 14 years without a feature film is a long time, but whatever it worked out great and she proved people wrong. i imagine her career is gonna blow up now.

DeathyBoy

Banned
ah right. forgot about russos for a sec. was just focusing on stuff like iron man,cap, thor, hulk etc. etc.

regardless, it was pretty reasonable to have doubts about Patty. on whether or not she'd be rusty. 14 years without a feature film is a long time, but whatever it worked out great and she proved people wrong. i imagine her career is gonna blow up now.

I wish Neogaf was around when Kubrick took long gaps between films.

I wish Neogaf was around when Kubrick took long gaps between films.

you know damn well thats different bruv. like i can wait a decade for johnathan glazer to come back and be certain he was coming with some fire. but patty debuted with a pretty decent true crime story and then vanished from movies after that. i imagine it was a lot of studios jerking her around. you google her name and she seemed to be attached to a few other projects prior to them fizzling out. this is a damn good comeback for her.

Pachimari

So today it's Wonder Woman day and I'm gonna go watch it in 6 hours, but I'm thinking of watching Monster before then. Has anyone in here seen it? And was if decent ? The one with Charlize Theron, directed by Patty Jenkins.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
watching today with my sis. She is a big wondy fan, it's only fair I take her to watch the movie.

I just wish the same doubts were brought up for her male counterparts. They almost never are.

I still haven't seen Monster (but I will this weekend), so yes, you can have your doubts about Jenkins. I had them too.

There's a difference between "I haven't seen this movie that won an Oscar, so I'm doubtful", and "hmmm, i don't know, what has she done?" The latter is kinda dumb. These hires happen all the time, why's she the only one being doubted? She clearly has the ability, even if she's been away awhile.

Now, giving Justice League to a director whose only previous outing for the studio was divisive without seeing how his current film would be received first is risky.

Ahasverus

Monster is fantastic. I watched it when I was like 8 or 9 and left a mark on my taste. Really poignant, no barrels hold movie. Charlize is a tour de force, and Ricci was also wonderful. That's what I was in team Jenkins since I read the headline.

Less than 12 hours for me. Can't wait! I grabbed tickets to a 7:45 screening instead of a 7:00 PM one. Don't get home from work until 6:15ish, so felt like that'd cut it too close with trying to have dinner and everything.

Raptor

Monster is fantastic. I watched it when I was like 8 or 9 and left a mark on my taste. Really poignant, no barrels hold movie. Charlize is a tour de force, and Ricci was also wonderful. That's what I was in team Jenkins since I read the headline.

Monster is fucking amazing, Theron was impecable, just oscar calibre acting.

Raptor

I hate when people ask me if I wanna go see this fucking movie together.

What is the question is this:

Hot Girl: "Hey straf, what if we go together to watch WW and after that you can take me anywhere and do whatever you want with me, sex, cuddling, hold hands, play some videogames, all of the above"

Would you hate that too?

Where would Would wondy 2 even go? DC has like 10 films in development right now. Their plate is already kinda full, unless they make something work.

Where would Would wondy 2 even go? DC has like 10 films in development right now. Their plate is already kinda full, unless they make something work.
Considering they have only Aquaman for next year, why would that bother anyone?

Can you name the 10 films? Feel like nothing is locked. They really need to give us some directors and casting news next month.

Top Bottom