• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

If they got Ironside to do darkseid's voice/mocap

:whewlordy:

Day fucking 0

Darkseid's voice in injustice 2 is kinda trash and ironside is still the GOAT.

Do we think Darkseid is going to be teased, but saved for JL 2? Or will he be a third act reveal and the final boss after the JL defeats Steppenwolf?

Pachimari

I would like for Warner Bros to get out Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and Batman before a Justice League 2, and fit the Batfamily and Green Lanter Corps in between those movies. And then bring us a Justice League sequel. I think they will be okay with a 4-5 year break between the Justice League 1 and 2.

strafer

First appearance should be him sitting in someone's couch.

B8iox9KCMAEBvES.jpg

Boke1879

Great read. It also states that WW is tracking for an 87 million OW with the movie tracking better with fanboys than with fangirls. Interesting info.

If true I think the good reviews bump those numbers up just a bit. I want it over 90 million and hopefully good WOM bump up thto Saturday viewership.

Penguin

Probably not the most popular idea, but if Darkseid is intended to be the big bad of JL 2 (whenever that drops), maybe Man of Steel 2 could have Superman vs like Kabak or something and Wonder Woman 2 could be her versus Grail

Oh man... what if we got a Wonder Woman vs the Furies fight

Probably not the most popular idea, but if Darkseid is intended to be the big bad of JL 2 (whenever that drops), maybe Man of Steel 2 could have Superman vs like Kabak or something and Wonder Woman 2 could be her versus Grail

Oh man... what if we got a Wonder Woman vs the Furies fight

I'm still thinking about the possibility of Black Adam being the surprise antagonist in MoS2... The Rock recently even admitted that a fight between the two is in the cards, and considering how the Shazam movie seems to be in a limbo..I wouldn't rule it out.

So I saw WW:
Not without flaws, but I like it a lot. The film feels like old fashion superhero films (such as Superman: The Movie, Spider-man 2, The First Avenger). The second act is the best part of the film, while the first act is okay and the third act is a bit weak but ultimately did not ruin the film.

WhiteWolf

I'm still thinking about the possibility of Black Adam being the surprise antagonist in MoS2... The Rock recently even admitted that a fight between the two is in the cards, and considering how the Shazam movie seems to be in a limbo..I wouldn't rule it out.
Black Adam in MoS 2 would be sweet, but I'm guessing they bring in Brainiac since they've been tossing around that idea for a long time at WB. The Rock would probably have to be the lead villain, doubt he wants to play second fiddle.

I've been wondering if that Black Adam fight could be in JL, similarly to how we know that Deathstroke is going to be in it in some small capacity. But, I feel like if The Rock was going to be in Justice League, in even a small role, we'd have heard about it by now.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just got the Wonder Woman art book, but I won't look through it until I see the movie on Friday. Don't wanna spoil anything for myself. If there's anything cool, I'll post some pics.

Loxley

I will be the first person to tell you that people put way too much stock in RT scores, but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel good to finally get a DCEU movie that's certified fresh.

rQsYVWt.png

WB/DC execs right:

B1iACA5.gif

ohJaATg.gif

bZIyFB8.gif

UY8cfEO.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Once it's certified it's locked. it wont increase or decrease.
That's not true at all. Guardians dropped down to 81% after it was certified at like 88%. They just have a good idea that it can't drop below their "certified" level at this point unless every review from now on is rotten, which will never happen.

witness

I'm still hoping for 100million. Come on girl you can do it.

I think it's the classic combination of studios doing stupid low estimates so that the headlines after look amazing, and overwhelming positive reviews building up hype through the week. I'm going big, $120 million OW, bigger than MoS and a higher domestic total than BvS. The deck is setup perfectly for this movie to overperform in a lackluster summer slate.

strafer

That's not true at all. Guardians dropped down to 81% after it was certified at like 88%. They just have a good idea that it can't drop below their "certified" level at this point unless every review from now on is rotten, which will never happen.

Oh okay, I thought.

More or less what I expected from RT% (albeit higher). High fresh to rotten, with lower average scores. Because I don't see many people hating or even disliking the movie.

Ninjimbo

I think it's the classic combination of studios doing stupid low estimates so that the headlines after look amazing, and overwhelming positive reviews building up hype through the week. I'm going big, $120 million OW, bigger than MoS and a higher domestic total than BvS. The deck is setup perfectly for this movie to overperform in a lackluster summer slate.
120 million is too much. I think it will come close to reaching 100 million but not crack it just because WW is untested. Disney's tremendous success has skewed perspective on what normal numbers look like and we have this notion that 100 million is some sort of baseline. I've only seen that number on franchise films and teamup movies.

If it comes in at lower than 100, no way in hell does it catch BvS either. I think a domestic total of 250 million is the highest it goes. That should be a resounding success in my opinion.

Top Bottom