• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

How about we thank and credit everyone involved and be glad the movie turned out good :)

I want to congratulate Zack Snyder for casting Gadot, truly a visionary. I wish you the best Zack, keep going strong.

Zack%20Snyder.jpg

I want to congratulate the loveable Mother Patty Jenkins on the excellent reviews and for having to endure such difamatory articles questioning her work during these latest months..she deserves this.

MV5BMTg4NDA4NTQ5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTA0Nzc0MzE@._V1_UY317_CR35,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

The same goes to the beautiful Gal Gadot who proved she is a perfect fit for the character and for having to endure the same kind of nonsense regarding her looks and voice.

220px-Gal_Gadot_cropped_lighting_corrected_2b.jpg

And finally I want to congratulate Chris Pine for portraying the perfect Steve Trevor and having such chemistry with Gal. Thank you Captain Kirk

053.jpg

It feels like folks are getting too in the weeds with their tribal nonsense to have their takeaway about what it means for DC. Wonder Woman is the first great female superhero movie, the first $100mil+ Hollywood blockbuster directed by and starring a woman, and very possibly the most successful.
It's the best reviewed popcorn movie of the whole year so far, the popular movies haven't fared very well critically whether deserved or not.

It feels like folks are getting too in the weeds with their tribal nonsense to have their takeaway about what it means for DC. Wonder Woman is the first great female superhero movie, the first $100mil+ Hollywood blockbuster directed by and starring a woman, and very possibly the most successful.

Just noticed Forbes wrote something similar,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...-on-the-movie-and-not-the-fake-controversies/

Scott Mendelson Armand White tier breh.

Dead

well not really...yet
Nice to see the positive reception for Wonder Woman, definitely think it will be much better than MoS, though I still doubt it will top the extended cut of BvS.

Really hoping it is as earnest as the reviews are saying. Will be a nice change of pace from the usual cynical crap that disney puts out.

How great was The Wire? Up there with Lost.

One of the GOATs

McNulty is one guy who I'm mad has never blowed up on film. Dude's been doing great work in the affair, award worthy for sure. Glad he's in that tomb raider movie hopefully it's decent

Nice to see the positive reception for Wonder Woman, definitely think it will be much better than MoS, though I still doubt it will top the extended cut of BvS.

Yeh reading some of the reviews I'm not so sure I'll like this movie as much as BvS but I'm glad they pulled off a really earnest superhero here.

Constant comparisons to the donner superman stuff is what has me pretty happy about this one. I think it's a characterization and vibe that has been missing for me since raimi Spider-Man movies. Will see it within a week for sure

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
One of the GOATs

McNulty is one guy who I'm mad has never blowed up on film. Dude's been doing great work in the affair, award worthy for sure. Glad he's in that tomb raider movie hopefully it's decent

i am still dumbfounded that McNulty isn't getting roles left and right post-Wire. he's super talented.

Frozen
Kung Fu Panda 2

I'd argue those aren't the best counter-examples when both are animated, one is co-directed by a woman, and one stars Jack Black as a panda. But sure. Thinking on it, Jupiter Ascending is another if you forget the whole critically and commercially successful part.

i am still dumbfounded that McNulty isn't getting roles left and right post-Wire. he's super talented.

He's the bad guy in John Carter!

a916

Really happy to see wonderwoman doing so well.
I expected this one to be first good movie of the dceu
bc no snyder and the premise of SS was dogshit.

Even despite all the bought reviewers by marvel it did so well :eek:

I'm joking. I hope dceu will now continue to bee good and hard dc stans finally admit after having a good movie that bvs was just trash

How do opinions work? I enjoyed BVS more than WW, and I'd put MOS above them all.

Love John Carter. I always thought that director could make a pretty good superman movie

Also it's pretty obvious Stanton is a big hbo fan when he gives us a Rome Caesar/Antony reunion in that and then casts McNulty and Stringer Bell as seals in finding dory

Wonder Woman being not just good, but excellent, has me even more excited for Aquaman now. Can't wait

Still giving Justice League the "wait till DVD or HBO" treatment

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I know WW comes out this week but I want some director news :(
Comic Con I'm guessing. I think WB is gonna come out hard now after WW getting so well received and wanting to support JL and Zack. I bet Zack even shows up just for the panel or does a pre-taped segment to show off new JL footage and the fans will go crazy. I'd also predict they announce dates, directors, and maybe even casting for the next 4-5 movies. They need to ride the good will train as long as they can.

Ninjimbo

I'm glad we're controversy free for the next few days. I hope the positive vibes transfer over to the Snyders who played a big part in getting this movie greenlighted. They could use some more love.

As for the movie, I can't wait to see it. I sincerely hope that it's a better movie than the one I'm imagining in my head. I don't expect it to be BvS, but I am kind of wary that it's going to be a little too safe for my tastes.

I'll finally know come Saturday.

Caode

Comic Con I'm guessing. I think WB is gonna come out hard now after WW getting so well received and wanting to support JL and Zack. I bet Zack even shows up just for the panel or does a pre-taped segment to show off new JL footage and the fans will go crazy. I'd also predict they announce dates, directors, and maybe even casting for the next 4-5 movies. They need to ride the good will train as long as they can.

Gimme that solo Superman sequel. Although, at this stage, I think I'm more interested to hear just what the hell is happening with the solo Flash film, that's something I've wanted to see on the big screen for far too long now.

Really hoping it is as earnest as the reviews are saying. Will be a nice change of pace from the usual cynical crap that disney puts out.

Disney movies are the opposite of cynical.

jackdoe

In tone yeah. I think that poster is talking about cynically made stuff. Like a movie made to hit check marks.

Pretty much what Star Wars has become.
What? The new Star Wars films are excellent and are definitely not paint by numbers.

I wonder, after they've seen the movie, will they still talk about how much of a mess BvS was?
To be fair, the theatrical cut of BvS will always remain a hot mess, no matter how many good films come out after it. It's like the Star Wars prequels and Thor Dark World in that regard.

Top Bottom