• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I wish there was a new Justice League trailer with Wonder Woman focused on the Amazons

maIWA2X.gif

do you have a yt clip of this?

jackdoe

It's from the Justice League trailer, presumably of Hippolyta fighting in Darkseid's first invasion that took place millennia ago.

Also, something something poetry rhymes,
AcNlYzB.gif
Is that the current rumor? Cause I always assumed (based on the current trailers) that it will take place in the climax of the film where Wonder Woman and Aquaman call in favors to battle Steppenwolf's forces while Batman's small strike team hits the main base.

Ashhong

Patty's twitter mentions 35 and 70mm prints in the US. Was that already announced what theaters? Is that for the future?

There have been reports of a massive battle in the beginning of JL. I think that gif is definitely from that time.

Is that the current rumor? Cause I always assumed (based on the current trailers) that it will take place in the climax of the film where Wonder Woman and Aquaman call in favors to battle Steppenwolf's forces while Batman's small strike team hits the main base.

Who knows, it might be.

What we know is it's supposed to open with a huge LOTR battle with Earth's combined forces fending off Darkseid, with the mother boxes split up among them; one for Themyscira, one for Atlantis, and one for mankind.

I'd be happy with either, tbh.

another shot of it,

Penguin

First world problems

Got passes to see a screening tomorrow
But also have tickets for Thurs

I really like the movie, but think even 3 times in 8 days is a bit much for me.

Effect

Glad the RT score has held up. I wish it was Thursday night already.

Darkseid has to be in this movie no way he just sends his uncle.

At this point I'm assuming he is to some degree. It's just how much of him is in the film. Is it Thanos level where blink and you miss him like in the Avengers or does he show up and does something on the WTF level and then leaves ala Superman The Animated Series. After Doomsday they're not going to reveal something like that. They haven't shown anything of Aries for Wonder Woman. I doubt they'd spill the beans on Darksied if he isn't the main bad guy. They haven't even shown Steppenwolf yet.

Firemind

Even WB knows they have to beat Thanos, right? Otherwise the common moviegoer is going to think Darkseid is a Thanos doppelganger.

Effect

Even WB knows they have to beat Thanos, right? Otherwise the common moviegoer is going to think Darkseid is a Thanos doppelganger.

I hope so. Which is why I brought up what he does at the end of Superman TAS. That's a take notice moment. That kind of thing though likely causes the movie to end on a sour note because it's a "you didn't win I just decided to leave" moment. Something similar though that doesn't ruin the "win" would be good and easily could show up Thanos pre-Infinity War. At the moment the best example of how dangerous and scary Thanos is comes from
a conversation in GOTG2 where he doesn't even physically appear.
That's kinda messed up. WB should be able to beat that easily.

ryan299

WW is eying a $175 million global opening. Via Deadline

The DC comics movie is looking at $65M-$75M stateside at 4,100 locations...

Abroad, Diana Prince's alter-ego flies into 55 markets with a range between $92M-$118M, though $100m is the comfortable projection currently. Wonder Woman will leap into such major markets as China, the UK, Russia, Korea and Brazil, to plant a foot in about 72% of the world outside North America. Other key plays, like France, Germany and Japan, come later. As ever, that's because China will be the swing. The sophisticated South Korea may also pop here, too.

They estimate the budget to be $300 million with marketing.

That NA opening is a bit low for me. Hopefully it opens higher.

Ashhong

WW is eying a $175 million global opening. Via Deadline

They estimate the budget to be $300 million with marketing.

That NA opening is a bit low for me. Hopefully it opens higher.

I seriously doubt the NA opening will be under 100. I would make a bet but I'm a big wuss. There's just too much WOM and the reviews are too good for it to do that low. Blockbusters with good reviews and WOM always do gangbusters. I would really have to question why it didn't hit 100$ million if it doesn't, and I would hope the answer wouldnt be sexism...but who knows.

Boke1879

I seriously doubt the NA opening will be under 100. I would make a bet but I'm a big wuss. There's just too much WOM and the reviews are too good for it to do that low. Blockbusters with good reviews and WOM always do gangbusters. I would really have to question why it didn't hit 100$ million if it doesn't, and I would hope the answer wouldnt be sexism...but who knows.

Eh. 100 million imo was never a promise. But imo those numbers are a bit low. At least I'm thinking 80 million with the chance of it going above 90.

Reviews are WOM being too good should bump that number up. Especially with some of the other movies kinda flailing. I also think this movie will do well on weekdays as well seeing as it's truly Summer for a lot of people.

I feel like those numbers are being extremely lowballed to setup a scenario where they demolish them and get extra headlines come Sunday. More power to them though. The film deserves it.

bryanee

I hope so. Which is why I brought up what he does at the end of Superman TAS. That's a take notice moment. That kind of thing though likely causes the movie to end on a sour note because it's a "you didn't win I just decided to leave" moment. Something similar though that doesn't ruin the "win" would be good and easily could show up Thanos pre-Infinity War. At the moment the best example of how dangerous and scary Thanos is comes from
a conversation in GOTG2 where he doesn't even physically appear.
That's kinda messed up. WB should be able to beat that easily.

I'd love for Darksied to come out of nowhere through a boom tube and punt Supes across a city and then leave.

Can't wait to see this, was expecting mildy positive reviews but this sounds like it will be the CBM of the year, maybe Top 5 of all time.

Then again I don't always agree with the critics.

Curious how much of an impact Johns had on the project (Feige like role? Or just a script writer), and if it will carry this momentum forward.

Effect

Can't wait to see this, was expecting mildy positive reviews but this sounds like it will be the CBM of the year, maybe Top 5 of all time.

Curious how much of an impact Johns had on the project (Feige like role? Or just a script writer), and if it will carry this momentum forward.

He doesn't have a writing credit from what I can tell.

Mario007

For WW a Feige like role would probably go to Snyder.

Matt Reeves will spend the press tour fielding questions about Batman.

Someone will ask Woody Harrelson if he's playing [bald DC character] in Batman, and it'll be a mix of awkward and confusing.

Technically Johns & Berg got their promotions well after Wonder Woman was in production. So I'm not sure how much impact they had.

At the end of the day I think Wonder Woman turned out how it did because Patty Jenkins made a good movie. Best you can say is the producers and studios let her make what she wanted to make.

Ahasverus

WW was not touched by the post BvS panic, and Patty had her heart in the right place. I don't dare to give any credit to any other than the production team of the film.

Effect

WW was not touched by the post BvS panic, and Patty had her heart in the right place. I don't dare to give any credit to any other than the production team of the film.

I like to think and hope they left her alone after they screwed with the editing for BvS and SS and after it was shown that Snyder's Ultimate Edition (un-messed with edit) was the popular and successful and preferred. That and maybe, hopefully Snyder and Johns (Berg as well) likely ran interference for her as producers. Something that Snyder likely had on MoS with Nolan and might not have had with BvS.

Got tickets for Friday at 7:30 at 2D RPX. I can't stand 3D... unless it's Tron.

Really excited the movie is reviewing so well. I said it many times in this thread: WW needs to be a hit. Not just serviceable, but a bonafide hit with critics and audiences.

Ashhong

Eh. 100 million imo was never a promise. But imo those numbers are a bit low. At least I'm thinking 80 million with the chance of it going above 90.

Reviews are WOM being too good should bump that number up. Especially with some of the other movies kinda flailing. I also think this movie will do well on weekdays as well seeing as it's truly Summer for a lot of people.

Not talking about any analysts or anything. Just what I feel. I see this easily getting over 100

Voror

I'd love for Darksied to come out of nowhere through a boom tube and punt Supes across a city and then leave.

Darkseid isn't the main villain in JL though, right? Though I guess since they're going against the forces of Apokolips, it's to be expected he'd at least show up.

Is it wrong for me to hope Michael Ironside gets cast despite how much of a long shot that likely is?

Top Bottom