• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Cassano

what was snyder thinking with them dildo ships tho

Two things:

One, it's helping to characterise the Kryptonians as a sexually/reproductively repressed culture, expressing their repression through art and architecture (see another example below).

And two, with birth/reproduction as one of the main themes of the Krypton scenes, thematically/metaphorically you can look at it as a castration scene (i.e. being sent to the phantom zone).

This is in contrast to Jor-El, who ends up spreading his 'seed' across the galaxy, with this:
C9RkRk9l.jpg

being shot/ejeculated out of this:
NGmPIAAl.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Two things:

One, it's helping to characterise the Kryptonians as a sexually/reproductively repressed culture, expressing their repression through art and architecture (see another example below).

And two, with birth/reproduction as one of the main themes of the Krypton scenes, thematically/metaphorically you can look at it as a castration scene (i.e. being sent to the phantom zone).

This is in contrast to Jor-El, who ends up spreading his 'seed' across the galaxy, with this:
C9RkRk9l.jpg

being shot/ejeculated out of this:
NGmPIAAl.jpg
Haha, damn. I need to ask my friend that that... he did a lot of concept art for the Krypton scenes. Wonder if he had any direction for that kind of stuff?

Cassano

I should probably clarify that it's a 'castration' of Zod, in his ideological battle with Jor-El.

Kal-El finishes the job btw, using laser precision surgery to perform scrotectomy:
88ExvHYl.jpg

zgrzpmfl.jpg

Haha, damn. I need to ask my friend that that... he did a lot of concept art for the Krypton scenes. Wonder if he had any direction for that kind of stuff?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case. There's this interview with Clay Enos (the DCEU photographer) where he talks about how "every frame is drawn by Zack, beforehand... nothing happens by accident. If that was coming across, those perspectives, it is with intention"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNZ_asrJhk @ 34:19

The whole interview is quite good too.

well, I've got nothing.

*flies away in dildo ships*

This is now my new fetish.

The more dildo ships, the merrier, I say.

Annabelle 2 is opening this weekend, and damn it's still holding strong at 100%. Definitely gonna check it out, even though I hated the first one.

Shazam gonna be lit.

Busty

Banned
Walmart going all in with Justice League with another TV ad featuring a member of the Justice League.

Here The Flash helps kids with their back to school stuff and give us our first proper look at the speedster effects albeit on a TV ad budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-80flIxRlY

At least they're working to differentiate the film Flash from the TV one.

Walmart going all in with Justice League with another TV ad featuring a member of the Justice League.

Here The Flash helps kids with their back to school stuff and give us our first proper look at the speedster effects albeit on a TV ad budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-80flIxRlY

At least they're working to differentiate the film Flash from the TV one.

Yep, they all look pretty good. Heroes doing hero stuff, unprecedented for the DCEU.

Ashhong

I like the suit, but the head/neck from the back looks weird with all of those rivets. It reminds me of the new power rangers suit

This takes me back to when I had the Batcave/Wayne Manor playset from BTAS when I was a kid.

8bGVHM7.jpg

I had so much fun with that thing.

I had one of those, too! I loved it so much.

That new Justice League Batcave is an updated version of the Walmart exclusive one for Batman v Superman. It's on clearance in a lot of Walmart stores now. The closest one to me had it for $20. I haven't picked one up myself yet, though, as it's...well, huge.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Never had any of the giant playsets as a kid... well I guess that's not true, I had the Ghostbusters Firehouse. But never had the Technodrome or Turtles Sewer Playset or any of the superhero sets.

I had no idea Harry Gregson-Williams was tapped to do the score for Reeves' Batman film, that's got me hyped.

You got a source? Couldn't find anything on google.

I'd expect Giacchino would do it. He's worked on all of Reeves' features, even the sole piece of score that Cloverfield had over its credits.

Which would be fantastic, because I'd kill for a Giacchino Batman score, his Apes work this summer was sublime.

Still interested to see how much screen time she gets in JL.

Also there's a point of confusion about JL and Aquaman. Seemingly like WW, Aquaman is a set before JL? Or some before, some after? They call her Queen of Atlantis and Aquaman's wife on the box the image comes from.

I'd expect Giacchino would do it. He's worked on all of Reeves' features, even the sole piece of score that Cloverfield had over its credits.

Which would be fantastic, because I'd kill for a Giacchino Batman score, his Apes work this summer was sublime.

his work on Apes was aiight but hopefully they keep him far away from Batman, hell no. man will phone it in again with some generic strings straight from one of his Lost episodes. (his Pixar work and John Carter was fire tho, but the last few years he's been sleeping)

Harry Gregson Williams would be fire. or bring back James Newton Howard (he should do the next Superman movie...whenever that is)

Loxley

It's listed on Gregson-Williams' Wikipedia page, I just figured this was news that I'd missed at some point. It's possible whomever listed it it just assuming that'll be the case.

Ashhong

Still interested to see how much screen time she gets in JL.

Also there's a point of confusion about JL and Aquaman. Seemingly like WW, Aquaman is a set before JL? Or some before, some after? They call her Queen of Atlantis and Aquaman's wife on the box the image comes from.

Wan calls it an origin movie iirc and that he wants us to experience it fresh alongside Aquaman. Confusing...And is one thing I don't like about DCEU. If you were going to do origin movies, do it first. If you decided to do a team up movie first, don't pussy out and do the origin movie after.

Ross61

Wan calls it an origin movie iirc and that he wants us to experience it fresh alongside Aquaman. Confusing...And is one thing I don't like about DCEU. If you were going to do origin movies, do it first. If you decided to do a team up movie first, don't pussy out and do the origin movie after.

Does it really make that much of a difference?

Ashhong

Does it really make that much of a difference?

Absolutely it does. There's a huge difference in the types of movie we get in each scenario. I would greatly prefer to build off of the story and world we see in JL. Going back in time to see the origin is slightly annoying to me.

Top Bottom