• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

I really wish I could see what it is about Flashpoint that makes it this big hyped story beyond continuity fuckery.

It's all about some people having hope that the Flashpoint movie will somehow fix all their personal nitpicks they have with the current DCEU.

I think they're gonna be disappointed.

J_Viper

I really wish I could see what it is about Flashpoint that makes it this big hyped story beyond continuity fuckery.
I'm legitimately excited to see JDM and Maggie as Flashpoint Batman and Joker

Plus, with rumors that WW is in, this is sounding more like a JL sequel than a Flash solo film

Plus, with rumors that WW is in, this is sounding more like a JL sequel than a Flash solo film

It'll be like Civil War, I think. Absolutely a Flash story, but still containing appearances from the rest of the league.

ReiGun

reboot

people have been wanting that to happen to the dceu for a while now

It's all about some people having hope that the Flashpoint movie will somehow fix all their personal nitpicks they have with the current DCEU.

I think they're gonna be disappointed.
So...continuity fuckery? Got it.

And yeah, people are gonna be pissed when all that changes is that Clark Kent never died in the Doomsday incident. lol

That's all fine and dandy, but as The Flash's first movie? Ehhhh.

Ross61

It'll be like Civil War, I think. Absolutely a Flash story, but still containing appearances from the rest of the league.
Exactly this.

Before The Flash:Flashpoint was announced, it was looking like Zemeckis wouldn't be able to make the film in the timeframe we thought WB wanted. Now it's perfect.

ArmGunar

I hope for Flashpoint that they don't follow the comics/animated movie

I want some surprises
It will be a Civil War like with appearances of several heroes, I would be happy

Looks like they're filming a rooftop chase with Mera for Aquaman.
F6pxJDC.jpg

Tabby

I hope for Flashpoint that they don't follow the comics/animated movie

I want some surprises
It will be a Civil War like with appearances of several heroes, I would be happy
I doubt they'd follow the animated movie/comics, I can't see people being very happy with a kill happy Wonder Woman stabbing kids.

I saw some of the Justice League toys at Walmart earlier.
I might get the new Batmobile at some point. Not sure if I'll get anything else here. I already have the whole "deluxe" DC Multiverse Steppenwolf wave of figures, so I'm not interested in the regular "basic" figures...though they do appear to be much nicer than the Batman v Superman ones.

If it's received well, it will definitely hit a billion. If not then, $750M WW.

I think if it shits itself and gets like a 10% on RT it would still clear 750WW.

Will be highest grossing superhero movie of the year (worldwide). Dunno about a billion though. seems like only the select ones get that. Either involving Tony Stark or something with as much hype behind it as the nolan batman series.

if it aint Justice League then I don't think anything else in this genre clears a billion until Infinity War.

Bleepey

Agree on the floor, I think the ceiling is a bit higher though. Around $1.2-1.3B.

The comic con trailer has been extremely well received, opening weekend should be big.

Considering how people do not feel Superman's sacrifice was unearned I look forward to people complaining about the previous films never showed Superman in a positive light for them to feel his sacrifice was deserved. Source: look at the comic con thread.

Ninjimbo

Considering how people do not feel Superman's sacrifice was unearned I look forward to people complaining about the previous films never showed Superman in a positive light for them to feel his sacrifice was deserved. Source: look at the comic con thread.
Y'know, that dumb bit about Superman not being hopeful enough in the previous movies to justify that line from Bruce really put into perspective the false narratives being built up in people's heads about these films. You can provide a wealth of evidence to the contrary, and some crap like that is still going to emerge. It's like some people watch these movies only to satisfy an agenda or something.

Although I don't agree entirely with people's criticism of Superman I can understand where they're coming from relating to the "Superman was a beacon of hope" line. It's more of a matter of wording I think..

During the BvS events we can't really say he was a "beacon" of anything considering how divisive people felt about him.

He wasn't exactly beloved by everyone, and Zack clearly lingered more on the people who hated/didn't trust Supes aspect ( False God scene, protesters at the congress scene, the failed hearing, does the world need a superman scene, clark watching a woman on the tv defaming him).

Sure there were people who liked him, but it wasn't nowhere near consensual, supes wasn't an america's sweetheart per se.

Although I think his sacrifice is the beginning of Superman's rise to his iconic status

Top Bottom