• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Loxley

It's not a poster goddamn it.

Oh I know, my comment was just that it looks bad regardless XD

Wonder Woman had nothing but good posters.

*snip*

That "Wonder, Power, Courage" series is probably my favorite of any DCEU posters.

Although I do I have a soft-spot for this MOS poster:

YqUc5gK.jpg

DG7naxJ.jpg

Willem Dafoe's Vulko next to Steppenwolf?

What's interesting is it fits the description of Vulko from some rumors last week, despite not looking like comic Vulko.

Those rumors also claimed (potential real Justice League spoilers)
unless cut, Deathstroke is in JL and shows up on a yacht at a point, with grey hair and eye patch.
And regarding Superman (again, potentially big spoilers)
he may end up tussling with other JL members briefly after they bring him back. Not "evil" but lost and confused, understandably. Hence, the scene with Alfred meeting Superman is after he regained his memories and composure.
. Oh, and (again again, big spoilers)
the big end scene is seemingly set around Pripyat, so far from Metropolis and Gotham.

Ahasverus

DG7naxJ.jpg

What's interesting is it fits the description of Vulko from some rumors last week, despite not looking like comic Vulko.

unless cut, Deathstroke is in JL and shows up on a yacht at a point, with grey hair and eye patch.
he may end up tussling with other JL members briefly after they bring him back. Not "evil" but lost and confused, understandably. Hence, the scene with Alfred meeting Superman is after he regained his memories and composure.
the big end scene is seemingly set around Pripyat, so far from Metropolis and Gotham.

I'd like to read more

strafer

DG7naxJ.jpg

I'll take those rumors.

DG7naxJ.jpg

Need links bruh.

Neophant

I kinda wished more positive unverified rumors like the one about Ben signing for all three of Matt Reeves' Batman movies leading to Batman Beyond got spread around more, even though it would lead to a lot of fans having their hopes dashed. Mainly cause if we want to stay on the rollercoaster that is DCEU news on the Internet, I'd prefer it to be on the optimistic side.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda wished more positive unverified rumors like the one about Ben signing for all three of Matt Reeves' Batman movies leading to Batman Beyond got spread around more, even though it would lead to a lot of fans having their hopes dashed. Mainly cause if we want to stay on the rollercoaster that is DCEU news on the Internet, I'd prefer it to be on the optimistic side.
You saw that too? I saw Harry Knowles tweet about how it was posted then removed from whatever website had it (screen rant?) and was going to mention it here, but figured it wasn't worth it.

Ninjimbo

We're stronger in the darkness.

I pretty much lean hard on where the report is coming from.

Variety and THR are major Hollywood news sites with reputations to uphold and frequently, they get cover stories and exclusive interviews, bringing them closer to story subjects. In contrast, something like Bleeding Cool or Collider is the next level down, frequently running poor, unsourced rumors.

I was looking forward to Han Solo, but I'm also inclined to believe THR's report about on-set issues. That's Hollywood. Things don't always go according to plan. Things change.

I also allow room for reports from solid outlets to change and shift. But on average, the big two are usually right. Snyder's next film? THR reported that. Flash popping up in Suicide Squad? They had that too. Pine co-starring in Wonder Woman? Variety. Amber Heard in Aquaman? Also Variety.

IconGrist

It's nice to see MHWilliams around. I thought duck was the only mod that paid any attention to this thread, lol.

Also, that picture is lame. The official merch looks good though.

It's nice to see MHWilliams around. I thought duck was the only mod that paid any attention to this thread, lol.

Also, that picture is lame. The official merch looks good though.

I'm here for you. (Actually, mostly here for myself as I love this stuff.) I stayed out of the Marvel and DC movie threads in Community for the most part, not for any particular reason, just because I forgot about them. Always been in Comics though, and pretty much Comic and Film related thread in Off-Topic.

Penguin

I'm here for you. (Actually, mostly here for myself as I love this stuff.) I stayed out of the Marvel and DC movie threads in Community for the most part, not for any particular reason, just because I forgot about them. Always been in Comics though, and pretty much Comic and Film related thread in Off-Topic.
We all know you're just jumping on the last award winning bandwagon!

Quick

Banned
I just subbed on this thread, forgot it existed. I generally post in the MCU thread for comic book movie stuff though.

I dunno, I try not to read too much into Affleck sightings, but alcoholics in a wine store is really never a good sign. Speaking from my own experience with addicts, there's really no "moderate" or "social" drinking with them. Just the nature of the disease, honestly.

Ross61

I mean, we don't know the nature of Ben's disease or how it's affected him or his family. There's been no negative news or any recent accidents, so all of this is purely speculation.

He's probably realized he's never going completely cold turkey, and is finding ways to drink moderately. He looks completely fine.

Ninjimbo

I'm not going to read too much into it, but I don't like the sight of it. If his addiction was as serious as he said it was, maybe he shouldn't be around alcohol.

At least Ben seems to be in a better place than he was a few months ago.

Raptor

Hi my name is Raptor and Im an alcoholic.

I drink all weekends in excess of a bottle of wine and a twelve pack.

Living la vida loca homes!!

Conversations usually start with "I thought I was in a good place and had a handle on my disease, I thought I could do one drink at the bar after work from time to time.." and end with "I was back to a case of beer/bottle of liquor each day."

Some can do it, but most can't. Go to a meeting and ask around, most will have a story similar to what I just said if they've relapsed.

I am not saying he is drinking or not. Point is, an alcoholic is an alcoholic for the rest of his life. You never touch that shit again is the only option.

Top Bottom