• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

bryanee

Have many of you watched the Look, Up in the Sky!: The Amazing Story of Superman documentary? I've watched it a couple of times now and its a great watch. It was part of that Superman Anthology set that came out when Superman Returns was released on DVD. I highly recommend it if you need to fill a couple of hours. I think its on Netflix in some regions. Its also narrated by Kevin Spacey.

Come to think of the Cinematic Story of Superman Docu in the same set is also a decent watch.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Have many of you watched the Look, Up in the Sky!: The Amazing Story of Superman documentary? I've watched it a couple of times now and its a great watch. It was part of that Superman Anthology set that came out when Superman Returns was released on DVD. I highly recommend it if you need to fill a couple of hours. I think its on Netflix in some regions. Its also narrated by Kevin Spacey.

Come to think of the Cinematic Story of Superman Docu in the same set is also a decent watch.
Yeah, I used to have it on DVD when it first came out, watched it once. Don't remember much except for the crazy shit that happened during the Superman 1 and 2 production. I think I sold it with all my old DVD's years ago though.

I have that DVD set. I think I watched the documentary early last year when I was rewatching all of the Superman movies. It was real good from what I remember.

Penguin

Nothing too fancy

DHXoNDyXsAAZ8US

DHXoOV7XoAAq2wW

I havent seen that one yet. I should get around to it.

Was a decent view, but towards the end it becomes a plug for the guy that wrote the book and becomes a "I felt like I had to be the one to tell this story!" Which, granted, no one else really blew up, but it sort of was a shift in focus that got to me.

Ashhong

Good lord they have managed to always use the most boring backdrops possible in all promo shots for this movie. Caves, mountain tops, warehouses.

BvS had the awesome SDCC trailer. The others I didn't care for.

Likewise, this recent SDCC trailer for Justice League was dope but wasn't feeling the previous trailer and 2016's SDCC footage. For posters and such, aside from the sort of corny logos as letters, that recent Alex Ross inspired one is very nice.

IconGrist

It's usually good, even Suicide Squad's. You'd think they would step it up for their biggest movie but it's been terrible so far.

It's August............. The movie is still 3 months out as of today. There have been two 3 to 4 minute long trailers. Articles upon articles. Pictures upon pictures. Rumors upon rumors. News upon news. Toys. Merchandise.

What the hell else do you guys want?

Ross61

It's August............. The movie is still 3 months out as of today. There have been two 3 to 4 minute long trailers. Articles upon articles. Pictures upon pictures. Rumors upon rumors. News upon news. Toys. Merchandise.

Something to hang up on their wall.

And to think people were just saying Wonder Woman was getting worse marketing than JL.

I think people are talking about the quality, not the quantity.

Some of this JL stuff has been pretty terrible, like the image just a few posts up.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Reps for Casey Affleck have responded to his statement...

https://heroichollywood.com/casey-ben-affleck-comments-batman/

Casey Affleck fueled rumors of Ben Affleck’s departure from the DCEU after stating that he believed his older brother would not stay on board as the Caped Crusader for Matt Reeves The Batman. Now, representatives for Casey Affleck have responded with the following statement to Buzzfeed:

“He was having fun with the folks at the Red Sox game — where he threw out the first pitch in support of the Jimmy Fund — and not speaking from a place of firsthand knowledge.”

Representatives for Ben Affleck told the outlet that nothing has changed regarding the actor’s future in the DCEU and that “he’ll continue to be Batman as long as the studio will have him.”

a916

Yeah... what exactly are people thinking? There's more marketing on this than Thor...

Both movies come out in November. For real people...

Ashhong

I'm not complaining about the quantity of the marketing, nor was Kenzie. We're complaining about the quality. The art direction of all of the promo stuff is sorely lacking, even compared to BvS IMO. Minus the trailers, everything has just been so ugly to me.

Ashhong

Ahahah god, superhero movies really became serious business didn't they?

Well they are the top earning movies of the entire year. Plus, I bet they generate the most clicks out of any other subject type for an entertainment news outlet, although I'm just guessing on that one. People love them some superhero drama

IconGrist

I don't really but the quality argument either. All I've heard about quality has been about the boring backdrops but it's not like WW was killing it in that aspect. Most of those posters were just your standard orange and blue nonsense. I think what you guys mean to say is you're not digging the color palette.

Ashhong

I don't really but the quality argument either. All I've heard about quality has been about the boring backdrops but it's not like WW was killing it in that aspect. Most of those posters were just your standard orange and blue nonsense. I think what you guys mean to say is you're not digging the color palette.

WW wasn't amazing either, but I've already forgotten about it so I can't compare. But I do remember they at least had some style, or maybe an action pose.

All I can remember of JL marketing so far are the lame pictures where everyone is standing still looking in bewilderment. The best promo stuff was probably the poster from comic con. Everything else is boring. Hopefully it gets better as we get closer.

Can you guys believe it's only 3 months away?!

shingi70

Banned
Well they are the top earning movies of the entire year. Plus, I bet they generate the most clicks out of any other subject type for an entertainment news outlet, although I'm just guessing on that one. People love them some superhero drama

There was a reason while doing the accountant and live by night people wanted to know about The Batman more than the stuff Ben was actually their to promote.

Keaton has good humor about it, or at least developed it after years. All I remember about that Robocop reboot was Keaton talking shit to Rick Flagg about much worse these costumes used to be. And when he called out Jimmy for saying Spider-Man is the best.

J_Viper

Y'all like 4chan rumors?

Got a fresh "plot synopsis", straight from the hacker himself

POSSIBLE SPOILERS INBOUND

>The film begins on Themyscira with a young Diana, her mother Hippolyta tells her one of her old war stories(similar to WW). We cut to the ''History Lesson'' while Hippolyta narrates. Humans, amazons, thanagarians, atlanteans, Kara El & the corps fight alongside each other to fight off Darkseid's army. Kara is wearing Superman's black suit with the silver symbol, I don't know who the actress is. After Darkseid's army is defeated they retreat. Just when everyone begins to celebrate their victory a boom tube sucks up Kara

>We cut to present day. It has been 4 months since the death of Superman, together the world pays tribute(London, Hong Kong, DC, Metropolis). Everyone lays flowers at Superman's grave in Washington, his headstone is a big S/. A mother loses her kid, calling out for him. When she finds him he's standing at the grave in awe, he's dressed as Superman. That night several people light candles around the grave while Martha watches it on the news. In Metropolis Lois gets a taxi to the broken Superman memorial, she stares at the statue's head. This scene in particular with Lois was very emotional. She has flashbacks of Clark(The end of MOS when he joins the Daily Planet and they both smile, a scene where Clark is asleep and Lois kisses him before she leaves) all while we hear Clark say ''I love you. This is my world, you are my world''. You can hear the slow version of the MOS theme playing.
We cut to the scene of Bruce on a horse searching for the village. Once there he talks to Arthur. Arthur turns down his offer etc... We follow Arthur back to his home, a lighthouse

>Back to Cyborg. He's at Gotham University(his old school), hiding under the bleachers watching his old team mates training for a game. He sees a girl running up to one of the team mates and kisses them, we cut to a flashback of Victor in a game with Coast City University. He lands a touchdown therefore winning the game. The girl was his girlfriend, she kisses him. Back to present day Diana greets Victor under the bleachers. She asks him to join. He calls it a curse, that it ruined his life & his dreams. He asks to be left alone, Diana leaves but says ''Your curse can help save lives''.

>On Themyscira Hippolyta stares at a sculpter of young Diana. The motherbox they protect starts going bonkers. Hippolyta senses danger so sends her best warriors to protect it, including herself. They believe the enemy will come in through the door. A boom tube opens in front of the motherbox, Steppenwolf arrives. A big fight between Steppenwolf and the amazons, Steppenwolf is the victor. He takes the motherbox.

>In Atlantis Arthur stands(floats) before the council. The Atlantis court houses many artifacts including a motherbox. Orm(yes Orm) & Vulko are council members. Orm calls Arthur a surface dweller while Vulko defends him. One member says ''To be king you need to be with your people, not on the surface'' or something like that. Mera watches. Orm continues to put down Arthur but Mera swims in to defend him but the guards take her aside. Arthur starts to defend himself, explaining how it's a burden to be of both worlds yet not belong to either, that he has a mother he never met, that he's unsure if he can be a king. The motherbox starts going bonkers again, this time it lets out a shockwave that throws back several people and scaring fish nearby. Arthur checks on Mera. Steppenwolf arrives, after a quick encounter Aquaman is defeated and Steppenwolf leaves with the motherbox. Arthur swims to the grave of the first atlantean king, taking his armor and trident.

>Back in Gotham several scientists are kidnapped including Silas Stone(Cyborg's dad). Gordon actives the batsignal, Barry & Bruce notice it(Bruce calls Diana). Cyborg arrives home to find the place destroyed(It's where the parademon took his dad) and looks out the window to see the batsignal. On top of the GCPD the team talk to Gordon, Cyborg shows up, they all try to figure out what these creatures are. They find a nest in an underground tunnel on an Island, or at least hope to find one. Batman and WW give Cyborg & Flash a prep talk. Batman heads alone further into the tunnel with the help of his knightcrawler. Several parademons arrive. A big action set piece takes place, Steppenwolf shows up.

>Above the surface Gordon and the GCPD are waiting. Gordon thanks them for everything. He actually calls them ''Justice League'', Batman & Aquaman hate the name but Flash thinks it's cool. A parademon flies straight out of the underground tunnel, grabs onto Cyborg and flies away with him. Cyborg gets loose of the parademon and flies into the sky with it but flies straight back down and plummets it into the ground after Flash quickly gets everyone out of the way.

>The league goes to the batcave. Batman wants trust from them so he lets them in on a big secret. Bruce has the body of Superman(he's wearing the blue & red suit). Since Superman's death Bruce has had his body, he replaced it with a wax dummy. He tells them there is HOPE for Superman. He explains the science of Kal's suit(It's some kind of bio-suit), he explains that there are kryptonian scriptures all over the suit. He needs access to the scout ship, hoping to translate them.

>Batman breaks Luthor out of Arkham, well desu the Arkham staff basically let him(hilarious moment). Batman sneeks into the scout ship with Luthor. The reason Batman needs him is because the ship's AI only obeys Luthor. Luthor refuses to help, Batman breaks his finger, Luthor helps.

The
wax dummy
thing is so stupid I almost believe it

J_Viper

What a fan fic. And spoiler tag that shit.
I really tried to but I'm on mobile and it's a damn nightmare trying to spoiler tag each individual paragraph

Besides, it's probably fake anyway.

Although, if you take a peek at iMDB, there are a few dudes casted as Arkham guards.......

Ross61

I really tried to but I'm on mobile and it's a damn nightmare trying to spoiler tag each individual paragraph

Although, if you take a peek at iMDB, there are a few dudes casted as Arkham guards.......
Zack already confirmed that Lex would attempt a Prison break.

Fixed. If you have something that purported spoilers, just wait until you get home next time.

Speculation? Go hog wild.

Top Bottom