• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

I like this poster, it reminds me of the exclusive BvS Ultimate edition poster

Although, Zack owes us a full blown team shot in action when Superman joins them, that trinity shot in BvS was disappointing.

I want something like this in movie form:

57832d55d17eab1b96f1818baf9b62d4.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Although, Zack owes us a full blown team shot in action when Superman joins them, that trinity shot in BvS was disappointing.

You'll get it the day after the movie comes out and it'll have both Superman and Green Lantern on it.

a916

You'll get it the day after the movie comes out and it'll have both Superman and Green Lantern on it.

I don't think they release posters after the movie comes out, by then the fever has died down and these movie posters have to be in theatres during the lead up.

Pachimari

I want Justice League 2 to have this full blown team and with this much color, just to differentiate it from the first one. Make no mistake, I think Justice League 1 looks epic and awesome already.

Loxley

I've soured on The Avengers quite a bit over the years, but I will say this, Whedon nailed the money shot of whole team. It was dynamic and the 360 pan gave a great sense of the overwhelming odds they were about to face.

The BVS trinity shot, by comparison, was static and pretty lifeless (not helped by how dimly lit it was). Which is shocking considering how great Snyder is at composing a shot.

I've soured on The Avengers quite a bit over the years, but I will say this, Whedon nailed the money shot of whole team. It was dynamic and the 360 pan gave a great sense of the overwhelming odds they were about to face.

I think that at least everybody can agree that the Cap costume in Avengers is the worst in any modern CBM.

Reminds me of

For posters evoking Alex Ross, I dig this fan art

inspired by

The BVS trinity shot, by comparison, was static and pretty lifeless (not helped by how dimly lit it was). Which is shocking considering how great Snyder is at composing a shot.

Yeah. Even in trailers the trinity shot looked rough. Snyder's usually good about hiding the sound stage but the compositing on that shot isn't too hot.

a916

Which is ironic considering how well he frames shots most of the time like you said.

Exactly, it was odd how Snyder didn't take the opportunity to go creative with the trinity shot.

I mean, even Joss Whedon out-Snydered Zack Snyder with this shot

tumblr_nkrj5xVTiV1rdqbfro9_500-1429584521.gif

a916

Exactly, it was odd how Snyder didn't take the opportunity to go creative with the trinity shot.

I mean, even Joss Whedon out-Snydered Zack Snyder with this shot

tumblr_nkrj5xVTiV1rdqbfro9_500-1429584521.gif

I don't want to be that guy... but why did Whedon get a pass with slow mo, but the mere mention of it with Snyder and even movies that have nothing to do with him (Wonder Woman) get treated as such? I know a few people in the WW thread going "oh great, slow mo"

I don't want to be that guy... but why did Whedon get a pass with slow mo, but the mere mention of it with Snyder and even movies that have nothing to do with him (Wonder Woman) get treated as such? I know a few people in the WW thread going "oh great, slow mo"

Because people feel like slow motion shots tend to get overused in Snyder's movies, much like J.J. Abrahams has been criticized forever for his use of lensflare. The criticism in the WW thread probably comes from people, who can't separate the DC movies from Snyder anymore.

I think that at least everybody can agree that the Cap costume in Avengers is the worst in any modern CBM.

Almost. Magneto at the end of xmen shit class looks like he's wearing his grandpa's suit with a Halloween store helmet

I guess that doesn't count though because it's only a few seconds at the end of the movie. Man cap was so struggle in avengers 1. Good on them for fixing it for the sequels.

Odoul

I hope one character that gets brought back into the movies is The Penguin.

He doesn't even have to be an active villain. Just a guy who alot of Gotham's scummier people tend to know and orbit around.

One thing I still can't believe is how DC has dropped the ball with breadcrumbs to other characters. Suicide Squad especially. How are you gonna feature Belle Reve and Arkham Asylum and not at least hint at other bad guys not involved in the immediate story?

Loxley

I hope one character that gets brought back into the movies is The Penguin.

He doesn't even have to be an active villain. Just a guy who alot of Gotham's scummier people tend to know and orbit around.

One thing I still can't believe is how DC has dropped the ball with breadcrumbs to other characters. Suicide Squad especially. How are you gonna feature Belle Reve and Arkham Asylum and not at least hint at other bad guys not involved in the immediate story?

I remember before he died a lot of folks were throwing around the idea of Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Penguin, and I'm sad we lost that possibility :(

I've seen people defending it by saying it's supposed to be bad because Coulson is a Cap fanboy or something. I dunno. And can't exactly scoff at it when the defense for Flash's shoddy costume in that it's home built.

One thing Flash's costume has going for it is the helmet looks fine as is, and Ezra Miller got the jawline to pull it off. Cap's Avenger costume could've looked OK if they had a different helmet. They had earlier versions that were still goofy but better than what ended up with.

Odoul

I remember before he died a lot of folks were throwing around the idea of Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Penguin, and I'm sad we lost that possibility :(
If they really want to think outside the box.

Play him more as a gangster with aspirations of class and acceptance into Gotham's elite.

But with barely hidden rage at he knows he'll never really be accepted and has to make his living with scumbags and sociopaths and monsters.

A slightly dialed down Antwon Mitchell wearing flashier clothes basically.

Play him more as a gangster with aspirations of class and acceptance into Gotham's elite.

But with barely hidden rage at he knows he'll never really be accepted and has to make his living with scumbags and sociopaths and monsters.

Losing the whole Cobblepot as old money fallen on hard times thing would be a blow, but considering how fast and loose they played it with Lex... I could see it, tbh. Dude would be a great pick if they decided to go that way, and there's a lot of great writing potential there.

Somebody find a pic of him in a tux and give him the hat & monocle.

WhiteWolf

I kinda want this now, I would be interested to see his take on the Penguin.

That Aquaman news is hype as hell. Please bring all of it.

Makes sense too since we're kinda deep into this universe already with Jason (presumably) being dead.

a916

Jason Momoa -- Amber Heard -- Dolph Lundgren -- Wilhem Dafoe

Thats a B-movie cast cmon now. If you saw that over the Conan The Barbarian poster you wouldnt blink

Won't matter if it's a C cast tier... if you cast the right people in the right hands, you can still get great movies.

Is the Conjuring cast that strong? No and yet those are really great.

I'm not looking for Oscar calibre acting here... because that didn't exactly workout for Ayer writing and Leto as the Joker... hell all of Suicide Squad.

Platy

because there is a shot in Batman vs Superman in slow motion of lex luthor walking in a corridor.

There is ZERO reason for that slow motion.
It is not epic, it is not hard to understand, it is not happening very fast we can barely see it in normal speed.

That avenger's shot is epic, fast and hard to understand without the slow mo.

Ashhong

Has anybody seen Amber Heard act well in anything? I haven't seen her in much but I don't remember anything great. I hope her role calls out for a decent personality and that she doesn't play some stoic character. Having a hard time picturing her in such a charismatic role

Setsuna

because there is a shot in Batman vs Superman in slow motion of lex luthor walking in a corridor.

There is ZERO reason for that slow motion.
It is not epic, it is not hard to understand, it is not happening very fast we can barely see it in normal speed.

That avenger's shot is epic, fast and hard to understand without the slow mo.

You mean that shot where he walks into the quarantined area that houses the MASSIVE kryptonian ship

Top Bottom