• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Oddduck

I watched BvS and Suicide Squad on HBO today.

BvS had its share of problems, but I enjoyed it. Maybe it was too dark, maybe it should have been shorter, but I didn't think it was a bad film.

But Suicide Squad? I thought it was a legitimately bad film.

Why the fuck did you do that? It's your own damn fault.

but y doe?

GhPbJwM.png

i cant really explain why :v

It had plenty of ass for sure

them digital harley's ass? meh

I keep forgetting Wonder Woman is almost here. I'm not sure why as it's the CBM I'm most excited for this year.

maybe cuz u r busy

This is one of my favorite vids about the editing and pacing in Suicide Squad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I

He goes over just general film making techniques which they failed hard at in the final cut of the movie. I still enjoy the movie though, but I can't help but question some of these decisions. The pink unicorn is definitely one I noticed on my first viewing.

He has a 4 minute follow up video that answers come comments and corrects some mistakes he had in the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALMpIemuIo

Yep..a good breakdown, for sure.

What is Discord?

A miserable pile of secrets..

I'm wondering when will WB go all out for Wonder Woman marketing.

IRC for the new generation of kids.

LOL yes. Yes it is.

I remember having a channel dedicated to our fansub/scanlate group. I eventually became a OP for it. I still use it till this day for... stuff.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering when will WB go all out for Wonder Woman marketing.
I dunno, but man are they in for a rough box office. I forgot Pirates comes out a week before and The Mummy is out a week after. Wonder Woman will be #1 it's opening week, but it's going to be hurt a lot by Pirates unless Pirates is just reviewed terribly. And we all know nothing stops the Cruise Missile... Mummy will be promoted like crazy and will be #1 that week with Wonder Woman hopefully coming in at #2 with less than a 55% drop off.

And it doesn't end there... Cars 3 is the week after Mummy, week later is Transformers, then Despicable Me 3, then Spider-Man.

I dunno, but man are they in for a rough box office. I forgot Pirates comes out a week before and The Mummy is out a week after. Wonder Woman will be #1 it's opening week, but it's going to be hurt a lot by Pirates unless Pirates is just reviewed terribly. And we all know nothing stops the Cruise Missile... Mummy will be promoted like crazy and will be #1 that week with Wonder Woman hopefully coming in at #2 with less than a 55% drop off.

And it doesn't end there... Cars 3 is the week after Mummy, week later is Transformers, then Despicable Me 3, then Spider-Man.

Damn. I didn't know it was that cramped. Hopefully they kept the budget as low as they've reported it. It all comes down to how good the film is. If it's good, it'll have good word of mouth and keep selling tickets. If it's mediocre or bad then... Here's hoping it does well over seas.

I'll be there in Imax day one regardless.

J_Viper

Our guy looking better and better
xgQ8Hsl.png

I think WW will be alright.

I know Pirates made a billion because Europe, but Depp's star has faded since then. I mean, is there any one alive who legitimately gives a damn about Pirates of the Caribbean in 2017?

I wouldn't be so confident about the Mummy either. Cruise isn't immune to bombs. Jack Reacher 2, Oblivion, and Edge of Tomorrow all bombed, and the latter was the only great Cruise film in ages.

The Mummy looks fucking horrible too, and I'd be shocked it it went over 20% on RT

I'm in for Pirates, the 4th was dull as shit and I couldn't even finish it. But the new one looks as bombastic as the trilogy did. Looks like a fun time in theaters.

Mummy looks shit, but Mission Impossible: Supernatural is one of the more interesting Action Cruise concepts. could be ok, or terrible who knows. it will take a chunk out of Wonder Woman though I think.

oh and shout out to Lord Zimmer, Hans Zimmer's set at Coachella is starting in a couple minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od54KxuQEd0

At least they moved Wonder Woman To a slightly less hectic spot against Transformers and Spider-Man.

There's a four to potentially 6 week period end of June where I'm in the theater every week. Baby Driver, probably Spider-Man, War of Apes, Dunkirk, maybe Atomic Blonde, and probably Dark Tower.

War of Apes, Dunkirk (IMAX) and Baby Driver are day ones.

Spiderman, Atomic Blonde and Dark Tower gonna be matinees for me

super busy period.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If anything, Marvel knows how to schedule their movies against nothing to get that huge box office.

Guardians is opening against nothing and has nothing before or after. Fast 8 is the biggest thing going against it and it'll be out for 3 full weeks before Guardians opens. That new King Arthur movie comes out a week after Guardians opens, but we all know that movie is gonna bomba so hard. Then the week after that is the new Alien movie, which will probably be #1 the week it opens. So it essence, Guardians will be #1 for 2 weeks in a row and have enough space between it and Fast 8 that people will be craving the next big summer movie and it won't suffer from movie fatigue. Then we roll right into Pirates then Wonder Woman.

Thor 3 also has a great schedule. Besides Blade Runner on Oct 6th (a full month ahead of it), it has nothing going against it and will crush it's opening week. The week after it opens are Daddy's Home 2 and Paddington 2. Then Justice League the following week. So really, Thor 3 will be #1 for 2 weeks in a row and be the first real big winter movie. I really really wish Thor and Justice League were flipped.

Anecdotal, but I've noticed a positive upswing for The Mummy among the people I know.

Guardians, Alien, Wonder Woman, The Mummy, Transformers, Spider-Man, Apes, Dunkirk, Atomic Blonde, Hitman's Bodyguard.

I'll probably see a third of them if I'm lucky.

I really really wish Thor and Justice League were flipped.

Why? Justice League faces nothing until Star Wars on December 15th. And it gets the benefit of having Thanksgiving in it's second weekend to soften the drop.

I didn't even know Paddington 2 was out this year. the first is surprisingly a really nice family movie. like it more than the live action disney movies we've been getting for a while now tbh.

i hope it does as well as the first, putting it so close to Thor and Justice League kind of guarantees its gonna have a tough time.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Why? Justice League faces nothing until Star Wars on December 15th. And it gets the benefit of having Thanksgiving in it's second weekend to soften the drop.
I keep forgetting about Thanksgiving. But Pixar's Coco opens Thanksgiving week as well. I have a feeling that it will not do as well as Pixar would hope just due to the different culture the movie is about. I think it's going to do slightly better than Good Dinosaur opening numbers, which was only 39mil.

Same.

Dark Tower I'm actually very skeptical about, I'm just hoping to be surprised.

As a fan of the books I'm looking forward to this, but don't expect much out of it. I still think this could work better as a tv series...I think IT will be the better Stephen King adaptation this year all things considered

Wouldn't be surprised if he's just the leader of the human army at the beginning of the film. More often than not, these types of announcements usually end up being nothing.

Ahasverus

Not a chance. These nobodies always end up being.. nobodies in the film. Remember when random bald guy was lex Luthor on Man of Steel. Please.

Not a chance. These nobodies always end up being.. nobodies in the film. Remember when random bald guy was lex Luthor on Man of Steel. Please.

Hmm you got a point..I remember the guy in the wheelchair in BVS was speculated to be Jimmy Olsen, Flash and even Metallo IIRC back in the day...it's probably nothing

Hmm you got a point..I remember the guy in the wheelchair in BVS was speculated to be Jimmy Olsen, Flash and even Metallo IIRC back in the day...it's probably nothing

Chris Judge in TDKR. Fans speculated his role since it was announced he joined the cast, turns out he was just a random mercenary who showed up for 30 seconds and pushed JGL down a pile of rubble.

So I guess we should also dismiss any reshoot talk as well? I understand they happen. Just seems he's clearly been there a minute. Again, I understand most big movies have reshoots. No need to rehash every one and all that..he just seemed pretty specific with his wording.

The opening might be that big LOTR style war sequence we saw in the trailer. They hired stannis and it's for a prologue scene I'm betting it's some medieval shit. Should be dope

So I guess we should also dismiss any reshoot talk as well? I understand they happen. Just seems he's clearly been there a minute. Again, I understand most big movies have reshoots. No need to rehash every one and all that..he just seemed pretty specific with his wording.

Reshoot talk isn't that reshoots are happening. What I gather is the actor saying he shot his scenes a while back, but they might've done reshoots to change his role. He wouldn't know at this point because it's still in post-production. Think Jena Malone is BvS, whose scenes were cut out in the theatrical cut.

Reshoot talk isn't that reshoots are happening. What I gather is the actor saying he shot his scenes a while back, but they might've done reshoots to change his role. He wouldn't know at this point because it's still in post-production. Think Jena Malone is BvS, whose scenes were cut out in the theatrical cut.

Sure. I was more curious about his mentioning of tone. For a bit player, that kinda sounds like a little more info you'd hear from someone with a more prominent role. End of the day? Who knows, for sure. Just the wording stood out a little. Little Finger died in the fist 10 minutes of TDKR, so who knows shit until the thing drops..

I was more curious about his mentioning of tone. For a bit player, that kinda sounds like a little more info you'd hear from someone with a more prominent role. End of the day? Who knows, for sure. Just the wording stood out a little. Little Finger died in the fist 10 minutes of TDKR, so who knows shit until the thing drops..

He also states he was there for the beginning. So I'd take it as he's playing someone in the prologue battle scene. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got some bullet points to toss out from WB marketing types.

He also states he was there for the beginning. So I'd take it as he's playing someone in the prologue battle scene. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got some bullet points to toss out from WB marketing types.

Sure sure. Not a fool to think otherwise. Again, we'll just have to wait and see. I LOVE that WB/DC have a tendency to keep their folks in house. Even their smaller roles stand out, mostly. Glad to have him part of the crew. HE CAN DIE IN A FIRE FOR WHAT HE DID THO!!! The North remembers..

Top Bottom