• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Penguin

So the Writer's Strike seems like it might be happening, how much could that fuck with the DCEU? Luckily Aquaman's script is done, but I guess it could hurt any rewrites or edits during production. Other films might be delayed a bit I guess, but overall it doesn't seem too bad?

Grand scheme, it depends on how long it lasts. Like it would probably put the nail in the coffin for any other film in 2018, but 2019 should be fine

strafer

So I'm rewatching LOST right now and just noticed that Larry Fong was the cinematographer during the first season.

It shows.

Pachimari

The Joker looks way cooler in Injustice 2 than Leto's version. Anyway, now that GotG2 is out of the way, here's to looking forward to Wonder Woman, just a little over a month!

The Joke looks way cooler in Injustice 2 than Leto's version. Anyway, now that GotG2 is out of the way, here's to looking forward to Wonder Woman, just a little over a month!

Of course it does. Ayer is a hack that knows nothing about anything design wise. Jared could have easily look like that.

Ross61

Of course it does. Ayer is a hack that knows nothing about anything design wise. Jared could have easily look like that.
pic15.gif

DC set in the watchmen universe confirmed!!!

Hey. I asked in the other thread about this digital advertising push you've seen for WW. Can't you point some out? We've kinda been wondering in this very thread about the seemingly silent rollout of ads and no one has pointed out anything..would be nice to see they've actually been on it but we missed it.

Hey. I asked in the other thread about this digital advertising push you've seen for WW. Can't you point some out? We've kinda been wondering in this very thread about the seemingly silent rollout of ads and no one has pointed out anything..would be nice to see they've actually been on it but we missed it.
Well, I see a lot of it even here on GAF for a while. For the toys as well. Maybe it's targeted to me? I would expect that most members of the thread to see them as well. I think on Facebook as well, superhero hype forum as well. In regards to TV I wouldn't be able to tell you as I don't have one.

Well, I see a lot of it even here on GAF for a while. For the toys as well. Maybe it's targeted to me? I would expect that most members of the thread to see them as well. I think on Facebook as well, superhero hype forum as well. In regards to TV I wouldn't be able to tell you as I don't have one.

All I see in GAF ads is VR boxes and horrid anime stuff..none of which I browse for or have interest in. I've literally seen zero WW ads here or anywhere except when linked here for a promotion, like the Instagram thing posted yesterday I think.

Well if you catch any, screen cap. Like I said, we've been taking about it for a while now..would be nice to see..

Effect

Pop Together. Right Now

Justice-League-Funko-01-e1493310789746.jpg

I don't collect funko pops but I would buy this set. Also I do want to get my hands on a Black Panther one as well. I haven't looked to see if one is already out though or planned.

Wonder Woman marketing. If there isn't a push once May officially gets here then I'll start worrying. I can see the argument for a marketing blitz in the month before the film comes out as a better use of the marketing money. Especially since that is when Gal Gadot and Chris Pine and Jenkins will start doing the talk shows for the film and interviews will be released. Some of that has started already. Having all that taking place with the tickets being on sale and the advertising makes more sense. There is digital marketing already taking place as well and toys and product placement (food, makeup, nascar, etc) has already started.

I just don't think this film is getting an insane marketing campaign like Avengers or Justice League. Those films got advertising budgets close to their production budgets. That's not happening and likely shouldn't happen. Hell those films shouldn't have gotten that.

I think what some are taking as no marketing is actually normal film marketing. Stuff like Star Wars, Avengers, Justice League and some of the marketing that goes on for months before a film drops is outside of the norm. Look at Dr. Strange, Ant Man, and hell even Guardians marketing. I didn't really start seeing GoTG2 marketing until a few days ago. Before that it was the trailers and articles movie sites like ScreenRant and forum threads.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just sent a tweet to Geoff, patty, gal, dc, and the ww film asking when the media blitz will start and that I haven't seen any commercials. Maybe one will respond?

All I see in GAF ads is VR boxes and horrid anime stuff..none of which I browse for or have interest in. I've literally seen zero WW ads here or anywhere except when linked here for a promotion, like the Instagram thing posted yesterday I think.

Well if you catch any, screen cap. Like I said, we've been taking about it for a while now..would be nice to see..
I won't be screen caping them dude c'mon.

Anyone else concerned that they will butcher the Darkseid look?

Eh, not really. His design is pretty straightforward, and the Parademons look comics-authentic, so I assume they're basically gonna stick with that. Probably something closer to his N52 look which is more visually involved and obviously armored.

Or they could go to his resurrected look from the end of the Darkseid War arc.

I'd be pretty happy with that.

We're not gonna get a tunic upskirt if that's what you're asking for.

(Altho I will DIE LAUGHING if they have his first appearance be camped out on Clark's couch or something.)

Niiiice. Just in time for the "where's the marketing?!?" thread too.

Ashhong

Is this when we thank Bobby and the power of GAF for lighting a fire under WB's butts? Surely the timing isn't merely a coincidence!

Also, the theme is great in that trailer. Is that rendition in the BvS version? Reminds me of Zimmer's live show

Penguin

Is this when we thank Bobby and the power of GAF for lighting a fire under WB's butts? Surely the timing isn't merely a coincidence!

Also, the theme is great in that trailer. Is that rendition in the BvS version? Reminds me of Zimmer's live show

I'll lump you two together

https://twitter.com/MildlyAmused/status/857751322074001408

But this is a multi-billion dollar org they don't "react"

Worst case scenario, this was slated to drop tomorrow and they decided could move it up a day to dampen some of the negative feedback. But no way were these commercials simply made as a reaction to some folks on Twitter

Effect

Tickets go on sale tomorrow right? So it would make sense to start the spots to go along with that. That was my theory before.

Boke1879

First off. I want to buy that Barbie Wonder Woman for my little cousin.

Second. Those TV spots are very good. For sure we'll start seeing those more and more, and they go a good job imo of selling the movie. Showing a fun movie.

And they should make Darkseid look as close to accurate as possible. Don't think you really need to tinker with him.

Top Bottom