• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Busty

Banned
Given that Warners already have James Wan and Matt Reeves onboard DC projects and have been courting Mel Gibson and Matthew Vaughn for others on the slate it begs the question who could the studio try and get to direct Green Lantern Corps?

The studio have already shown how ambitious they are when it comes to working with big name directors on DCU films I imagine that they'll try and snag a similarly big name for 'Lanterns', but who?

I haven't heard anything myself but could Warners try and snag Michael Bay? He says (again) that he's done with Transformers and given the regime change at Paramount he might be tempted to move to the WB lot.

Who else would be good for the gig and a realistic choice?

Ahasverus

Given that Warners already have James Wan and Matt Reeves onboard DC projects and have been courting Mel Gibson and Matthew Vaughn for others on the slate it begs the question who could the studio try and get to direct Green Lantern Corps?

The studio have already shown how ambitious they are when it comes to working with big name directors on DCU films I imagine that they'll try and snag a similarly big name for 'Lanterns', but who?

I haven't heard anything myself but could Warners try and snag Michael Bay? He says (again) that he's done with Transformers and given the regime change at Paramount he might be tempted to move to the WB lot.

Who else would be good for the gig and a realistic choice?
JJ Abrahams

Bleepey

What happened to Guek? Other than LionPride, Slayven, Neorej, Veelk, MegaManTrigger, Ashong and others who else will call me out on my Snyder fanboyism

Ahasverus

That wasn't a nice hill to die on. Expected better.

But who will be my nemesis now? I actually like BobbyRoberts now! come on Foolia, do a heel turn.

strafer

What would be of God without the Devil, Holmes without Moriarti, Don Quixote without the White Moon Knight, The Batman without Kite-Man. There's got to be darkness where there's light for it to shine.

Okay, I'll be your nemesis.

I think you are dumb.

Ahasverus

Tell me, do you shitpost?
batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-clip-do-you-bleed.jpg
You need to have a Rogue's gallery of shittalkers. Arch nemeses aren't enough.
I have my own legion of doom. They're called Marvel fanboys with floating head avatars.

If Shane Black didn't already have a bunch of shit lined up, he'd be my top pick for a Green Lantern Corps movie featuring Kyle and Guy.

Ross61

Honestly it tricky. They have decided to go big, but they're also looking over better critically received directors. And with how GL and it's potential was squandered before, I really expect them to be careful with their choice. Can't automatically think sci-if directors also because WB has been willing to go for some unorthodox choices for their blockbusters. Like Kong: Skull Island.

So going off the movie description here are some realistic choices would be: Barry Sonnenfeld, J.J. Abrams, Shane Black, Ridley Scott, and a few more whose names escape me right now. But I'd mostly look at sci-fi, crime, and buddy cop directors.

Ross61

When thinking about a director, one who could do a " Lethal Weapon in space" should come to mind.

And I don't know if WB trust The Wachowskis with blockbusters for a good while.

Batjag

I know he's attached to too much stuff to ever do it, but I will continue harping on the fact that Justin Lin should direct GLC.

Interesting reading the WW director short list had Kathryn Bigelow and Karyn Kusama, in addition to MacLaren who we know at first accepted before creative differences. And Jenkins also went to Warners about a WW movie in 2010.

Ashhong

What happened to Guek? Other than LionPride, Slayven, Neorej, Veelk, MegaManTrigger, Ashong and others who else will call me out on my Snyder fanboyism

1. You spelled my name wrong!
2. When do I call you out??? I would never

It's funny that I notice they didn't get all of the details right in that WW black and white photo haha. But nobody will ever notice in the movie

Ninjimbo

Interesting reading the WW director short list had Kathryn Bigelow and Karyn Kusama, in addition to MacLaren who we know at first accepted before creative differences. And Jenkins also went to Warners about a WW movie in 2010.
I was actually really excited to have MacLaren on WW, but then some of the details surfaced on what she wanted to do and it all sounded kind of off. She really wanted to take the character in a unique direction from what I remember. It sounded too risky.

Top Bottom